• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Pad thai boy

Pad thai boy

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Football, SE Asia, Asian LB's & GG's....and not in that order.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I was staying in Soi 7 until Jan 15 and Goosey's was closed every evening.....updates anyone??

#42 icebergjr.

icebergjr.

LB Iceberg Puller

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts
  • Interests:This offends me as I'm a vegan transgender atheist who vapes and crossfits 4 times a week and I'm also a male feminist as I identify myself as a pastafarian apache helicopter dog, mega multi combo god of hyper death and if you don't agree with me you're an ignorant arrogant globaphobic sexist lesbian.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

OK, this is not in Pattaya, or even Thailand for that matter, but I still had to share this experience with you. Just visited this fish & chips restaurant in Seoul called 'The Battered Sole'. It was started by two Brits (one of them being half Korea), that moved to Seoul because they could find a decent fish & chips in England.
They use fresh local Pacific cod and make their beer batter from scratch. The tartar sauce is also made from scratch, emulsifying oil, lemon juice, and egg yolks with a food processor. The chips are triple cooked. They are boiled, cooled, fried, cooled, then fried again at high heat. And of course it is served with mushy peas. The only thing that's missing is that it isn't served with newspaper.
Definitely the best fish & chips I've had in a long time. Here is a picture of the Guinness beer battered cod.

Looks great to bad it's in Korea and not Pattaya,I also like the fact that you can enjoy a Newcastle with your meal and wish more places in Pattaya would broaden their beer selection.
+1 as Guinness battered fish sounds really good, was it a bit sweet?

#43 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I went to Neeroys last night, Worst fish and chips I have EVER had. Fish tasted so stale I thiught I would throw up sure after. I was really hungry but left more than half of it in my plate. Disgustinfg! I will be back in the Jolly Friar next time

#44 schalke04

schalke04

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I was staying in Soi 7 until Jan 15 and Goosey's was closed every evening.....updates anyone??

I think its closed. I had friends down from Bkk today who always go there. It was closed in the middle of the day. I had also noticed it has been closed every evening I passed fairly early.

#45 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

The Guinness beer batter wasn't sweet at all, but I would say it had a unique taste. I have to try making this at home.

Agree that there needs to be a better beer selection. Tired of just Singha or Chang. I recommend Leo if it's available.

Edited by Justin Sane, 23 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#46 Danial

Danial

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:LB , Thai foods,Non kapp :you have thai ladyboy in the menu ?

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

try Canterbury Tale's Fish & chips

inside soi chiyapoon ( soi next to disco oasis buakhaw ) , 20 meters inside the side ,left handside.

it is so good
i'll try Neeroys soon

110 Baht
very good taste as good value.

DSC01471.jpg
DSC01472.jpg

#47 poesface

poesface

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

do not know why people want to eat anything other than thai when in thailand, i cannot get enough but each to there own
  • ObamaMomma likes this

#48 LittleMermaid

LittleMermaid

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

i know where are a italian restaurant ,we also have FISH & CHIPS and some nativ english persons ,speak "one of the best fish and chips i ever had in pattaya"..............................................

#49 chrislondon

chrislondon

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

Not just Curry and Chips on Pratumnuk Road , very good selection of British chippy grub.

#50 2tone

2tone

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:aircon
    thai food

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

could i suggest starting any trip to los with a short trip to grimsby..you may laugh :Smile 3: once the biggest fishing port in the world..now resigned to importing fish by road from jockland to it's many fish factory's...but we can still cook the best haddock anywhere!!

we send cod down south because they are all bottom feeder's!

and if you get bored..the mighty mariners play on a saturday so everyone's a winner!!!!!

robin's nest on soi diana does a good substitute though..pretty good

#51 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:06 AM

If in Bkk theres a great Kiwi Fish and Chip Restaurant ...have imported NZ Snapper etc on Soi 11 , The little back Soi where Cheap Charlies Bar is situated .

Classy and not so cheap but very good 

#52 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,192 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:21 AM

I think Pattaya could do with a Harry Ramsden's :-).

• 2tone likes this

#53 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,098 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

In Pattaya... go to the New Plaza.

Looking up from 2nd Rd on the left hand side is a place that is called Fryday. It is just past the Golden Ferret... about two or three shops.

It opens a 2pm and you can eat there.... get a take away... or they will deliver to a bar in that complex.

Run by a farang owner who also does the cooking. Also sells burgers... pizzas....etc.

Good prices for a good feed.

Another place if it is still going is in Soi Metro. A young lady does fish and chips from a booth there. I think it s near the Soi Buckow end if she is still going. She opens up in the evening if still there.

cheers

Edited by ausmagoo, 03 January 2016 - 01:56 PM.

• Mr1000baht likes this

#54 iron

iron

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

i ate at fryday last trip,very enjoyable,fresh cod,very nice and cooked to order,so its about a 10 min wait,but worth it.

#55 stallion79

stallion79

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

I liked the fish and chips at Blue Heeler quite a bit.

#56 soidog

soidog

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:09 AM

as it was good Friday 25/03/16 and  like all good Catholics ( I am not) should eat fish on a Friday. this small stall located in LK metro on right hand side if entering from soi buakhow is a good find.

had been recommended to me from a few other people including BMs. a reasonably sized portion of local fish ( most use dory which can be a bit mushy and watery, but this was firm and a nice texture not sure if dory ?). frozen crinkle cut chips and if you want the lady will give you a scoop of crackling ( that is the excess batter off the fish) as well. all for only 130b.

can eat at the stall, or do as I did get a take away. so if you have the munchies well worth a try, sure you will not be disappointed.

rgds soidog.

PS. on my exit from LK metro noticed a stall selling Chinese grub called won n rok.  not long ago wok n rok was a bar come Chinese eatery on soi buakhow, now closed. seems they now are operating from a stall under the same name.  tried a few times when on soi buakhow and was not that impressed. imagine the menu will be limited in choice. another thing I love about pattaya is we are spoilt for diversity when it comes to food, and all at a reasonable price.     

#57 Mr1000baht

Mr1000baht

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Football, darts, beer and ladyboys

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

Fryday is very good and great prices. I would normal have a take away if I was walking back from central 

#58 blue1878

blue1878

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

I've eaten fish and chips in many places in Pattaya and my favourite is Palmers Bar in Soi 13/4 (Pattayaland soi 2).  It does a great fish and chips.  So it is well worth a visit

#59 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:01 AM

Anstruther or Pittenweem.  :)  :)

#60 aussiemale

aussiemale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

The Jolly Friar isn't too bad and there is a hot GG that works there, always wears a very short dress, with a great set of legs!!

• stickyfingers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users