7 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Don't know if this is happening at other airports or just JFK. I'm not really worried about it because I just pack clothes, lube, and condoms when going to LOS. Nothing really valuable.

http://newyork.cbslo...thefts-per-day/

#2 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

A person who puts jewelery for $160,000 in the checked-in luggage must be plain stupid. Forrest Gump must be smarter than that woman.

#3 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

That is a decades old story...

The simple rule is:

NO Cash, jewelry, electronics, PCs in checked-in luggage. (I do not know any experienced business traveller, who would ever do that).

They do not even have to plunder the luggage: on nearly every airport luggage is screened on departure and arrival - easy to select the most promising ones for a "deeper inspection".

Another thing to keep in mind: Sometimes you are asked at the gate to hand over your hand luggage, because it is to heavy, too big ... I alone know 3 youngsters in our company, who lost with that their PCs. Sometimes, you cannot resist them, so have a plastic bag in the hand luggage and take your (looong) time, I am still waiting for the guy who could hinder me to take out everything of a certain value...

#4 taff76

taff76

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

It's common sense really (or lack of in this case)...

My friend put his laptop in his suitcase going through BKK a few years back... At the other end it was not there anymore.

#5 LordBoy

LordBoy

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

i always have a hold all, with a padlock on it, containing iphone, money, medicine, passport ect. which i take on has hand luggage.
my main case just contains clothes.
how can any be so stupid as to leave your passort and money out of your site, as if your case did get delayed or lost. cheap enough to get rigged up out there with some glad rags.

Even you can complan the company and get more from their value as a refund and shop in BKK design clothes B)

#6 Twoshots

Twoshots

Ladyboy Hustler

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

It gets difficult these days to avoid putting valuables in your checked luggage. Partly for work, partly for pleasure I have to pack a lot of very expensive kit, through the airport, 17 inch lappy, at least one camera body, and a couple of heavy glass lenses, flash heads..and thats the start..then all the battery chargers..etc..etc....Have to do some creative packing and my carry on bag always weighs more than my three times the size check in bag. I've learnt to 'walk light' on my approach to check in. The look on the X-ray operative when my carry on goes through the scan says it all. But if I were to add up all the extra bits that have to go in checked, even dedicated power cables, bits of this, bits of that, its a good sum. Might have to get one off those special jackets people have when they fly Ryan Air etc to avoid check in charges.

#7 Captain Pugwash

Captain Pugwash

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Interests:many things :)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

speaking of security for check-in luggage, does anyone know where the plastic wrap stand is located at BK international? I got mine wrapped in Oz before I left but didn't see a wrap stand in the airport at BK

#8 Captain Pugwash

Captain Pugwash

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Interests:many things :)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

They are near most of the entrances as you hit departures, all on your left as you enter building.

cheers, must have had my eyes closedPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users