Sign in to follow this  
putytat

What's Up Go Go, Soi BJ (Walking ST)

Rate this topic

This go go bar has a reputation of padding bins and refusing to return money. The last time I was there I was ripped off for a mere 200 baht and vowed never to return.

About 5 nights ago, several farang that I know went to this go go bar and the bin was 3,000 baht at the end of their evening there. One farang paid the whole bin and they departed. As they were exiting the premises, one of the service girls called out to the bouncers that they had not paid. The bouncers belted the shit out this guy, and when he was on the ground, the service girl admitted making a mistake and that he had paid his bin in full.

No apology, no nothing. This is a really quiet low season, and the natives are restless. I have no suggestions how to counter this activity other than not entering this place in the first instance.

Was in there last night. No problems personally.

Only had a couple of drinks watching the ladies in the waterless shower.

Its always had a bad rep. will give it a miss in the future.

I've never had a problem here - it's my favourite GG go-go in Pattaya. I was introduced to the owner by the (old) manager of Pattaya Bay Resort while on a go-go crawl and have always had positive experiences in here. Many of the service staff are gay / lesbian which puts many off even though it is generally packed and has a tremendous house DJ. I expect that if you hang around long enough in Pattaya you will see the good and the bad at most venues. Personally, I find Insomnia has the most volatile door staff in Pattaya.

This go go bar has a reputation of padding bins and refusing to return money. The last time I was there I was ripped off for a mere 200 baht and vowed never to return.

About 5 nights ago, several farang that I know went to this go go bar and the bin was 3,000 baht at the end of their evening there. One farang paid the whole bin and they departed. As they were exiting the premises, one of the service girls called out to the bouncers that they had not paid. The bouncers belted the shit out this guy, and when he was on the ground, the service girl admitted making a mistake and that he had paid his bin in full.

No apology, no nothing. This is a really quiet low season, and the natives are restless. I have no suggestions how to counter this activity other than not entering this place in the first instance.

What did his friends do?

The bouncers belted the shit out this guy, and when he was on the ground, the service girl admitted making a mistake and that he had paid his bin in full.

Then what happend?

Was this assault reported to the BIB on duty close by in Walking St.

Was always a top notch place but not cheap and does have a bad rep for bill padding, so just be carefull when in a group and lots fo drinks ordered as no doubt will try to pad the bill as "farang mao mak not care too mutt".

Usually just have few beers then off to the next gogo as lots down that soi so worth a crawl now and again.

Avoid Angelwitch as about 150bt for a beer in there and plays US heavy rock/metal mostly.

Botafogo,

If this was reported it would handled by the tourist police. The most polite description I can think of for the tourist police is a collective group of oxygen thieves that suck up every Thai arse and always believe what the Thais tell them. Nothing would happen. Tourist police have nil powers and the BIB would not be interested in the slightest when a farang gets assaulted. By the time anyone got there to determine what would have occurred, 15 Thais would be singing the same story, and the offenders would be hiding.

Edited by putytat

Thats a shame Whats Up has degenerated to such a bad rep.

This used to be my favourite place, bar none, around several trips around 2007-2009 period.

There used to be GG twins working in there and I always remember licking both their pussies out in the middle of the bar as they straddled above me, both taking turns to get licked out. No money, just a bit of horny horny fun ;)

I think one of them has since died unfortunately (nothing to do with my tongue!). I heard menengitis or something??

I also remember an amazing night when a gorgeous (i mean 10/10 western blonde chick) came in with her wheel-chair bound husband (good looking guy who has obviously falled on difficult times). The girls in the shower were mesmerised by her and before you knew it, it went from childish gropes between the GGs and her to her being manhandled into the shower, stripped and licked out by 3 Thai GGs. A-fuckin-mazing. The Thai GGs removed some of their 100 baht tips from the show and popped it in her lingerie G String. :D

I've always discreetly, but politely showing staff, I quickly read every chit going in the bin.

This padding started when the new owner/manager (gay lad who walks about like he is a higher being) took over.

Edited by luv u long time

I remember the twins. I agree it used to be one of the best, but not any longer. Everything cycles. I have never witnessed a western GG being attacked like that, but one night I did observe a farang bring his Filipino into the bar with the intention of her selecting her partner for the night. All he had to do was to buy her 3 shooters and then 20 minutes later she took over. Her method of assessing the Thai GGs was to stand up on stage and turn them from front to back inspecting every part of their lower anatomy. Great to watch.

I used to know the owner/manager, since she was working in the "SEA A Gogo" in Soi Diamond. Never had any problems in both places.

She is a small obviously lesbian Thai. Rumors say, she had married a rich Korean business woman and they opened the "What's up" in the other Soi.

This place is known to have some of the most beautiful dancers of Patty, because the rich Koreran finances the place in low season, if the income is too low to pay all the staff.

I always liked the place because of the high amount of stunners compared to other places and the lack of "thirsty throats", but of course, I always check my bills, in any place.

Used to be my fav agogo, up to about 4 years ago and (like most of the agogo scene) has been going down hill since. Got hit in the face with a tail whip by one of the show girls for not tipping after she smacked me on the ass from behind and demanded 100B, about 2 years ago. Called over mamasan who just shrugged it of, whilst bouncers where already giving me the evil eye. Paid my bill and haven't been back since..

Edited by Lucius

I stopped going in any of these agogo's years ago. First visit back in 1998 they were ok, but not any more.

How do you now if you stopped going years ago ??

I stopped going in any of these agogo's years ago. First visit back in 1998 they were ok, but not any more.

Seriously? There's some excellent gogo's of all varieties. Can you compare the gogos from pre 98 to now to say what is not as good?

To the OP, there's a few GG gogos with rip off reputations: What's Up, Living Dolls 1 and Teasers come right to mind. ALL of those venue will pad bills or not bring correct change whenever they get a chance.

Avoiding them and spreading the word is the way to deal with them.

Last trip I spent more time in GG GoGo's then chasing LB's I admit (probably a bit of a crime on here). Baccara and Iron Bar have the best talent in my opinion. When I started going to Bars is Thailand it was only LB bars, but there is so much less hard sell from the GG's, much less pestering for drinks and general hassel. Only downside is more punters in the bar so they can get crowded. But the ration of customers to BF's is much lower in the GG bars I think.

With so many GG venues if one is shit, chose another, thanks for the warning as I'll make sure I give this place a swerve.

I used to go in Gogos 15 to 10 years ago.

It was just better than now.

Yeah, I know, the "good old times" syndrome.

But seriously, in that times, all of them wanted to go long time, as any hotel room with air con was better, than the hot smelly room they used to share with their friends, and most of them gave a good service.

These days, they start dressing even before you pulled the condom off your dick and most of them offer a shit service and demand almost european prices.

I prefer Soi 6 or Buakaw for a good shag now.

To the OP, there's a few GG gogos with rip off reputations: What's Up, Living Dolls 1 and Teasers come right to mind. ALL of those venue will pad bills or not bring correct change whenever they get a chance.

Avoiding them and spreading the word is the way to deal with them.

Agreed. Living Dolls 1, Teazers and Hot Girls have problems every 2nd night. The amount of times I have watched a squadron of tourist police arrive to listen / dismiss the stories of the tourist in favour of the Thai staff would be in the hundreds.

IMHO the best Go Go bars are in Soi LK Metro. From last count there are 10 Go Go bars in this small Soi, and the drinks prices are the same as beer bars.

Agreed. Living Dolls 1, Teazers and Hot Girls have problems every 2nd night. The amount of times I have watched a squadron of tourist police arrive to listen / dismiss the stories of the tourist in favour of the Thai staff would be in the hundreds.

IMHO the best Go Go bars are in Soi LK Metro. From last count there are 10 Go Go bars in this small Soi, and the drinks prices are the same as beer bars.

PT - have you in the last 3 years seen any tourist police inside Living Doll 1? If you have, my understanding of the bar has just gone totally out of the window.

How can someone who spends their time taking photos of waste land in Pattaya ask such an intelligent question.

And the intelligent answer is ???? Smile%202.gif

Mardhi,

Inside the clubs? I have never been inside when the police or tourist actors have entered. Out the front and in the alley way sorting out issues that arose inside, absolutely. I knew the Aussie owner and only found out recently that he died in a vehicle accident several years ago. I would assume it has gone downhill since that time.

Mardhi,

Inside the clubs? I have never been inside when the police or tourist actors have entered. Out the front and in the alley way sorting out issues that arose inside, absolutely. I knew the Aussie owner and only found out recently that he died in a vehicle accident several years ago. I would assume it has gone downhill since that time.

Changed hands some 4 years ago. The police/tourist police outside is in line with what I understand of the door team so its fine. Must admit I always thought that was one of the better run Gogo's but I am hardly a frequent visitor so not best placed to give an up to date opinion.