• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 360

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yesterday night the BIB setup a checkpoint on the corner of soi Buakhao and the soi that goes to the rear of the Avenue Shopping Complex. There were a good number of policemen on both sides of the street. They had many Thai and falangs pulled over, probably for not wearing helmets. Buakhao usually doesn't get that kind of attention from the police but there you go - just another sign of it getting more popular.

#2 Guest_Fie Dollah_*

Guest_Fie Dollah_*

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

These stop cheek points have been going some time now, they also are at the top of buakhao near Pattaya Klang, they generally take the thai person for a piss test, looking for drugs etc, But as title sayd, always where a helmet as they will only see opportunity for a bung if your not.

#3 stickyfingers

stickyfingers

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Thai Lbs/GGs with Big tits and Asses & Gogo God
    Exotic women of colour
    Oh and the culture/food of course!!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Always wear your helmets in Pattaya as should be the case anywa,y and when your renting mbikes they come with 2 helmets anyway so no excuses.

Far too easy for the BIB to make rich pickings and will cost you 500bt and a trip to the soi 9 police station.

The BIB are usually most active towards the end of the month when their bills are due, so expect to see roadblocks and checkpoints on popular routes.

#4 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

also saw them near this spot - on a slight bend in the street - could be a lot more than 500b if you have too many beers !
Not that anyone here would do that of course !

#5 danthepoolman

danthepoolman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Can you be fined for not wearing a helmet on the back of a moto taxi or just if your renting your own transport?

#6 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

You can be done on the back of a mototorbike taxi just the same . But so will the driver.That is why the drivers always try to smuggle you a helmet just as they are approaching a big set of traffic lights

#7 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

also saw them near this spot - on a slight bend in the street - could be a lot more than 500b if you have too many beers !
Not that anyone here would do that of course !

If you had too many beers leave your moped behind. Taxi is so cheap im Thailand, it's not worth to get busted over a few Bath,

O.

#8 Lunaris

Lunaris

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

These stop cheek points have been going some time now, they also are at the top of buakhao near Pattaya Klang, they generally take the thai person for a piss test, looking for drugs etc, But as title sayd, always where a helmet as they will only see opportunity for a bung if your not.

Fie , is spot on here. More likely drug testing, espesecially in early morning hours

#9 danthepoolman

danthepoolman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

You can be done on the back of a mototorbike taxi just the same . But so will the driver.That is why the drivers always try to smuggle you a helmet just as they are approaching a big set of traffic lights

Cheers mate.....

#10 oldlover

oldlover

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys.
    ladyboy cocks.
    big ladyboy cocks.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Wear your helmet allways, this is nothing new they have been stopping farangs for years, did you also know it is illegal not to wear some kind of clothing ie shirt or vest, in other words no bare chests [male or female].

#11 wanderer

wanderer

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:manchester united, travelling, swimming, cycling, pool, ladyboys

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

just last week after playing a pool match on the dark side my wife said she would like to go for a run to jontiem on the bike, i have done this many times without helmets after midnight so was not concerned, however when we reached pattaya klang she told me to head into pattaya and lo and behold on 2nd road we were stopped at a routine check and promptly written a ticket for no helmets. after being assured they were going to be there for some time ( it would not be the first time i have returned to the same spot only to find my license and the police gone, and that can be a nightmare ) well anyway my wife asked me what i thought this would cost us and i thought 1,000 baht as i had previousley been fined 500 baht on the darkside. i was was absolutely amazed when i was asked for only 200 baht for the 2 of us, we then proceeded to talk about my homeland scotland which is always a good topic with the thais as everyone i know loves whiskey. they then started discussing my wife one of the policeman in particular saying she was very beautiful, i said we are married already, he then asked if we had any children, at that we just smiled and i told him " not easy " having a good chuckle when we left.

then 2 days ago i was at the bypass on soi nernplabwan when we were stopped again, this time we had our helmets on but i had changed shorts before i left and forgot to put my license in my pocket. that will be 400 baht he said to my wife, knowing he could not speak english i bravely told him to fuck off i would give him 200 baht, he then pointed across road and told my wife big boss 400 baht. at this i again said fuck off and proceeded to get on to a motorbike taxi with the intentions of going the 2 kilometers to my home to collect my license but was told again through my wife that this would not be acceptable as i did not have license with me when stopped, so i had to stump up left saying a few more choice words as i left.

at the end of the day it is peanuts and nothing is put on your license unlike the u.k. but these checks do appear to increasing i would say it was for there christmas funds but they do not celebrate christmas

#12 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

why does that helmet never fit - usually stinks as well !!!

#13 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

just last week after playing a pool match on the dark side my wife said she would like to go for a run to jontiem on the bike, i have done this many times without helmets after midnight so was not concerned, however when we reached pattaya klang she told me to head into pattaya and lo and behold on 2nd road we were stopped at a routine check and promptly written a ticket for no helmets. after being assured they were going to be there for some time ( it would not be the first time i have returned to the same spot only to find my license and the police gone, and that can be a nightmare ) well anyway my wife asked me what i thought this would cost us and i thought 1,000 baht as i had previousley been fined 500 baht on the darkside. i was was absolutely amazed when i was asked for only 200 baht for the 2 of us, we then proceeded to talk about my homeland scotland which is always a good topic with the thais as everyone i know loves whiskey. they then started discussing my wife one of the policeman in particular saying she was very beautiful, i said we are married already, he then asked if we had any children, at that we just smiled and i told him " not easy " having a good chuckle when we left.

then 2 days ago i was at the bypass on soi nernplabwan when we were stopped again, this time we had our helmets on but i had changed shorts before i left and forgot to put my license in my pocket. that will be 400 baht he said to my wife, knowing he could not speak english i bravely told him to fuck off i would give him 200 baht, he then pointed across road and told my wife big boss 400 baht. at this i again said fuck off and proceeded to get on to a motorbike taxi with the intentions of going the 2 kilometers to my home to collect my license but was told again through my wife that this would not be acceptable as i did not have license with me when stopped, so i had to stump up left saying a few more choice words as i left.

at the end of the day it is peanuts and nothing is put on your license unlike the u.k. but these checks do appear to increasing i would say it was for there christmas funds but they do not celebrate christmas

one way to avoid this problem is to get a copy of your licence in credit card size and laminated and keep in pocket or in seat
of bike.

#14 lance2546

lance2546

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Girls, ladyboys, motorcycles, travel, beer...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Can you be fined for not wearing a helmet on the back of a moto taxi or just if your renting your own transport?

The cops here pretty much do what ever they want and interpret the "law" accordingly.

I've had my bike for about one month and I've been stopped four times. All were the road checks where they check to see if your tax sticker is current and also check your drivers license.

When I was back in the USA for a year, I was not stopped one single time. Oh well, TIT, the good and the bad :)

#15 oldlover

oldlover

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts
    ladyboy cocks.
    big ladyboy cocks.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

why do you not want to wear a helmet [ it is the law] if you where back in england you would not think twice about wearing a helmet and to any piss artist who thinks it is funny to ride their bikes when they have had a skinful of beer then the only thing i hope you knock down is some fucking hard object like a lamp post etc, i don't give a fuck who i annoy with this reply, one of my relatives is a nurse at a hospital and she comes home crying sometimes because of little children rushed into casualty and wheeled off to the operating theatre because some fucking idiot decide to ride his bike or drive his car when he could barely walk straight.
  • carsmike111 likes this

#16 curious99

curious99

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Your helmet protects both your head and your wallet, always wear it!!

#17 Botafogo

Botafogo

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • Interests:Latin American Dancing, Travelling,Touring German FKK Clubs, Hanging around various European Racecourses while Drinking Beer.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

why does that helmet never fit - usually stinks as well !!!

When hiring a bike even for only a week I purchase a new helmet from Big C or one of the larger bike dealers in town.
Only a few hundred Baht, it fits perfectly, hygenically clean and I'm assured its not been weakened by a previous impact or mistreatment.
At the end of the hire, I usually get a hundred Baht rebate for it off the bike owner.
Done this three times now.
  • kathoeyfan likes this

#18 oldlover

oldlover

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts
    ladyboy cocks.
    big ladyboy cocks.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

When hiring a bike even for only a week I purchase a new helmet from Big C or one of the larger bike dealers in town.
Only a few hundred Baht, it fits perfectly, hygenically clean and I'm assured its not been weakened by a previous impact or mistreatment.
At the end of the hire, I usually get a hundred Baht rebate for it off the bike owner.
Done this three times now.

>>
So easy is'nt it, somebody with some common sense. :Clap:

#19 360

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

You're right Fie. I got pulled over the other night and they only checked the girl. They didn't even ask me for my driver's license. Luckily she was clean. I asked her what would happen if she tested positive and she said she could get over a month in the monkey house. She said there would be no implications for me. I wouldn't want to test it though.

#20 ChaseLB

ChaseLB

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

When Soi Buakhao becomes lake Buakhao the boys in brown abandon their posts. You can get away without wearing helmets during these times but you will get soaked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users