15 replies to this topic

#1 famous

famous

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Any recently stay at this hotel? Can you comment on cleanliness, etc. any recent reviews? Thanks!

#2 Bwana_LB

Bwana_LB

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:Spinners with dicks

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Stayed there in March. I stayed in one of the better rooms (on 6th or 7th floor) and it was quite nice. The room was very clean, and when I and a couple of ladyboys made a horrible mess of the place, housekeeping came right up when I called and changed all the linens.

#3 sainter21

sainter21

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

Many good reviews around. Popular hotel for a reason.

#4 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Try this thread - it's only a year or so old and I suspect that things have not changed much in the meantime. My impression at the time was that is was overrated and overpriced - it's clean and well run, but sterile in atmosphere. BM Jason Bourne mentions he has some photos in a trip report, but I can't find them - maybe you'll fare better ? Since my stay at Dawin I have stayed at the Dynasty Inn Grande for a similar price and I would pick that every time over Dawin. It's closer to Nana too !

#5 pepsimax

pepsimax

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Do they still enforce extra charge for guest 2,3 and so on? Or would that depend on the lady behind the desk.

#6 bakerman

bakerman

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yes they do !!!! :Grumpy:

#7 pepsimax

pepsimax

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Pity, since the hotel is really a monger's heaven, Any other options nearby with sunny pool nearby?

#8 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

nice rooms - can't open the windows though which I like to do for nice fresh Bangkok air !!

#9 fred112

fred112

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Have stayed there many times myself.

+ are - close to Nana, clean, friendly staff, reasonable priced, food is good (breakfast in the bar area) 5 minute motor bike taxi to MBK, 7-11 a few doors up

- are - the standard rooms are small so go for the delux

#10 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • Interests:You know...

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

I too have stayed many times, its on par with a 4 star hotel although the rooms are on the smaller side, about 22 square metres but quite modern. I stopped staying because you cant open windows any more but it is quite popular and thats why they keep their prices up and very LB friendly.

Its probably about a good 150-200 metres walk to Nana and Sukhumvit but I always liked the walk as there are many bars along the way.

http://www.thedawin....comodations.php

I tried looking through my hard drive for pics but could only find a few, Ive only got a few in-room pics with lady's which I wont post but here's a few, a view from a deluxe room, when you could open a window, the cafe out front which is great with free wi-fi and some daytime entertainment :)

Attached Images

• DSC00245a.jpg
  • DSC00260a.jpg
  • DSC00241a.jpg

#11 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Pity, since the hotel is really a monger's heaven, Any other options nearby with sunny pool nearby?

Plenty of other hotels nearby that would easily take the title from Dawin. As for sunny pool...most are blighted by shadows from nearby building, Dawin's bath-sized pool among them. The only place I stayed at with all-day sun and a little-used pool was Citrus on Sukhumvit Soi 22. Dynasty Grande has a great pool, but very little sun. My current favourite, Parinda, only gets sun in early morning and late afternoon.

#12 pepsimax

pepsimax

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Thanks. I stayed in DG and MG, but the sun hours are minimum. Dawin tend to attract russians as well. They know how to occupy the pool, but quite friendly if you join them and go on a boozer. Never brought along a LB on these escapades, guess things could turn sour if I did(?). Quite beautiful their ggs. No wonder I needed to stay in the pool

#13 Herberth

Herberth

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Rock Music, Beer, LadyBoys, golden Showers, Lao Khao, Gin, Whiskey,

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

Is there a joiner fee for ladyboys ?

#14 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • Interests:You know...

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

Is there a joiner fee for ladyboys ?

No joiner for one LB or GG and they are very LB friendly as are most hotels in Soi 4. Ive stayed in most and yet to find one that charges but the fee's vary from 500-1000 baht if you want to have a 3some and I think Heaven@4 diagonally across the road used to be pretty relaxed on the 3some's.

Stayed in Dawin just before xmas last year and just before Songkran this year and I have mates that always stay there so its an updated policy, nothing will really change around there.

• Herberth likes this

#15 uwillume

uwillume

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:pattaya. ladyboys. indian food.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

I've stayed there twice and find the staff to always be super friendly and helpful. Was with a GG in May who had her period during sex. The white comforter was covered in blood. Called the front desk and they sent up a nice ladyboy maid who replaced it for me. I'm sure it was ruined, but they never charged me anything for it.

Can also confirm they are very ladyboy friendly. Most of the ladyboys I brought back to my room were happy that they were going to the Dawin because the staff was always nice to them.

The only downside of the hotel is the price of the food. Better to walk down to the Bus Stop on soi 4 for meals (and the currency exchange booth next to it gives better rates than the ones closer to Nana)

#16 fred112

fred112

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

Refer to the link at post #4.

I summary stayed there many times, great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, good hot shower pressure, guest friendly, food at that cafe near reception is of a good standard, comfortable bed, quite, pool is good however the only negative for some maybe as ready mentioned the size of the rooms.

But I would recommend it for value and location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users