#21 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Are you sure you had the money on you, where did you last see it ?
You sure you didn't spend it on a kebab before entering the bar ?
Maybe you only had 250 baht but thought it was 2500?
Were you drunk ?
Did you ask her to take it ?

Jesus,
The way you lot run to defend a thieving drug addict whore is a joke.
We all have at least one incident every trip involving a thai and money. Whether they steal it outright, or pad your bill.
Thieving piglets .

I've seen as many drunk and idiot customers, misplacing money and blame and I've seen outright robberies.

It's completely possible there's a bad apple at Steingfellows. It happens. Bob asked for details on PM to take care of it. So far no idea on which girl it was.

#22 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Seems strange that the OP has not responded to his own thread! (maybe he PM powerbob?) I would take it all with a pinch of salt and forget about it.

Never had a problem there and I now for a fact Bob and Pa would sort it if anything like that ever happened

#23 69billy

69billy

LB Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Never had a problem there and I now for a fact Bob and Pa would sort it if anything like that ever happened

Same same...

#24 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 11,260 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Seems strange that the OP has not responded to his own thread! (maybe he PM powerbob?) I would take it all with a pinch of salt and forget about it.

OP has not been online to respond since opening the thread.

#25 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

OP has not been online to respond since opening the thread.

hopefully enjoying the balance of his hioliday.
  • Solice and Manutd like this

#26 Steve Hounslow

Steve Hounslow

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Travel, photography, the uncut penis.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hi Guys

Sorry not to have replied before.

Agree with all or most of what has been said.

I have been coming to Thailand since 1986 and, apart from one attempt at overcharging in Patpong, I have never been ripped off. I also had photo sessions with a couple of girls at Stringfellows last year and no problem.

It was 1st May, the day of my arrival. I was not drunk. I normally drink soda water (too many calories in beer). I guess my attitude at the time was "just put it down to experience" but yes, I should have made a note of the girls's name / number in order to warn others. I did tackle her (she was sitting outside) but had obviously hidden or passed on the cash by then and any misdemeanour would have been very difficult to prove. Yes, I'm 100% certain I had the cash as I'd just changed some dollars. She had been sitting with me "entertaining" me, massaging my legs etc as they do. The cash was in my hip pocket and she must have slipped her fingers into my pocket.

Yes, Thais see farangs as super-rich and some would see us as "easy-pickings". I don't think that's any excuse for theft, though.

As someone has suggested, I was lucky to get away without paying the bill. It was only 80-100 baht. I told the cashier she could call the cops if she wanted to but she declined and just let me go. I speak Thai to some degree which may have helped. The fact that I was allowed to leave may suggest that it has happened before and they didn't want the police involved.

THe Land of Smiles redeemed itself somewhat a few nights later when I had ST with lady from what I think is A-Bar, Soi 6. I explained I had very little cash on me and she said I could call the next day with the balance!! I did.

Steve

#27 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Steve when you say you tackled her, is that a metaphor or did you actually tackle her to the groud outside? That should more than identify her, or just look at the pics in the Stringfellows thread to point her out.

#28 Steve Hounslow

Steve Hounslow

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yes, "tackled" in the metaphorical sense! I'll see if I can identify the culprit but wouldn't want to accuse the wrong person.

Steve.

#29 LordBoy

LordBoy

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

There is a week after the incident and you don't care even to say a name here and just inform the others, I would expect you to do the least and ask the name of this girl when you left out the door, you do not even remember her face....

I never had a problem visiting a Bar or a Disco with LB's slipping their lil fingers in my pockets, I had only an incident through late hours in Coconut Bar with an LB that end very bad for her as he tried to mug me on the beach, he messed with the wrong person I guess....

I am sorry that I don't believe a word of what you are saying without providing the very basics...

#30 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 15,218 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

POPULAR

The guys getting a bit of a hard time here, give him a chance to go through the pics and see if he can identify the bugger.

He seems like a nice chap so perhaps he doesn't want to and is willing to chalk it up to experience and doesn't want a big deal made of it. :huh:

He was only try to give us the heads up.
  • anchor, Solice and Manutd like this

#31 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

The guys getting a bit of a hard time here, give him a chance to go through the pics and see if he can identify the bugger.

He seems like a nice chap so perhaps he doesn't want to and is willing to chalk it up to experience and doesn't want a big deal made of it. :huh:

He was only try to give us the heads up.

Quite right petesie, I was a little sceptic at first but now he has replied to his initial post I have no reason to doubt him..

#32 Powerbob

Powerbob

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, please let me know the name of the Dancer, then I can "continue" to investigate this.

Cheers
Bob

#33 Steve Hounslow

Steve Hounslow

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Bob

I have looked through the mug-shots but I'm reluctant to name names unless I'm 100% certain, which I'm not. I've already acknowledged that I was wrong in not trying to ascertain the identity of he individual before I left. I merely posted this topic as a warning to others, as "Petesie has suggested, which I did in good faith. If anyone wants to call me a liar and be generally unpleasant then so be it. I don't really see any point in me making this up.

Steve

#34 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Interests:Bloviating, ultracrepidarianism, kino, alphamegamia, Scalextric

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

POPULAR

We all know Stringfellows is a great bar and many of us have had many a good time in there. It's one of the cornerstones of our Pattaya scene.

We should also all know by now that there are light-fingered opportunists scattered throughout the whole scene and country, they could be anywhere. Losing some baht to sticky-fingers is par for the course and you just do what you can to protect your pockets and belongings from it. We should all know the drill.

But despite best efforts it can happen to anyone, anywhere. We're dealing intimately with people who are under stress and pressure to provide for their families. It's happened to me on a few occasions in the past where I was convinced I should have had more baht in my pockets than I did.

Even as recent as last week I caught a girl in an ST room (not associated with any bar) lifting my pants up to see what was in them because she thought I was asleep after the deed. I opened my eyes and just told her "No". There was no arguing, no fighting and no squabbling. Within minutes she was cuddling me hoping for forgiveness, which she got, up her ass with my tongue. On another occasion I spanked a girl in my room counting out '6 of the best' earlier this year too. The money I had secreted aside the night before to give her in the morning was missing, She knew she was guilty but I didn't rub her face in it. So I just told her off and spanked her backside - hard - , what more can you do. You'll never stop them.

I know this is not the 'tips on not being robbed' thread, but whenever I plan on visiting an ST room I find a moment to prepare the required amount of money into one pocket so that when the time comes to pay you're not showing everything you've got. When in the ST room itself and I've taken off my clothes (try not to visualise me) then I roll them up with my shirt rolled around the outside so the pant pockets are deep within, the whole lot needs unwrapping to get to the pockets and money. When showering I make sure I can see my clothes-roll even if it's on the floor by the shower door.

Nobody is immune to theft, you just do what you can to avoid it. But it happens so often that it's not worth reporting unless it's major money or goods.

Chok dee pervs.
  • oldlover, kathoeyfan, bob2011 and 4 others like this

#35 PURE

PURE

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:LBs, Pattaya

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Thanks Bob

I have looked through the mug-shots but I'm reluctant to name names unless I'm 100% certain, which I'm not. I've already acknowledged that I was wrong in not trying to ascertain the identity of he individual before I left. I merely posted this topic as a warning to others, as "Petesie has suggested, which I did in good faith. If anyone wants to call me a liar and be generally unpleasant then so be it. I don't really see any point in me making this up.

Steve

Isn't there a video cam at all bars in Pattaya? If so, does the tape show you talking to her as you left the bar ?

#36 bob2011

bob2011

Ladyboy Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Isn't there a video cam at all bars in Pattaya? If so, does the tape show you talking to her as you left the bar ?

Correct, but....In most bars the CCTV footage is stored onto a hard drive and automatically records over the old footage as the hard drive fills up. (I'm sure Stringys has something similar) I'm not 100 % but I think the time frame for storage is either 7 days or 14 days so in this case, I would assume it's now gone.

I think from the original post, he spoke with the girl just outside the bar and the cameras are probably set to record the patrons entering/leaving but once through the black curtain to the street, he would be out of sight.

Cheers, bob.

Edited by bob2011, 21 May 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#37 bgcg4247

bgcg4247

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

I normally take out beforehand the required fund and the tip (if performance merits) and put in one pocket as suggested. I roll up my pants in a certain way and put the pants with my belt buckle facing a certain way. That helps and I only had one time where I came out of a shower and noticed my pants in a different position (short time place in my room I lock up my valuables). Didn't make a scene but let her know after the deed that I knew and got an extra session for it. That is why I prefer to bring them back to my room. I can lock up my stuff and the hotel staff will phone before the girl leaves. I also use a combo lock on my suitcase and camera bag (not all can fit in the safe) and use a bicycle lock to lock my camera bag around something secure (( got a few thousand in equipment I carry). Not fool proof but helps. I don't make a scene about it but if I got my wallet take the time to lock in the safe so they know (again not a short time room). But I will say what others have. If you get a sense something is wrong just cut your losses. Don't let your dick get in the way of common sense (although I have been there and regretted it almost every time).

#38 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Nobody is immune to theft, you just do what you can to avoid it. But it happens so often that it's not worth reporting unless it's major money or goods.

Your not wrong mate, I had 22,500 ( i.e. 25 crisp £20 notes) stolen from my safe in a certain establishment I stayed in last month, despite my threats to call the Police and having looked at the CCTV I got nowhere fast...TIT, needles to say I had to keep a Stiff upper lip and let it go and for sure wont be staying there again...lol

As for Stringfellows, Im not a great Go-Go bar fan but I really had a great time in there on my last visit which was made even better by me taking Ice2 upstairs for a most enjoyable romp :)

#39 pattaya gas

pattaya gas

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Your not wrong mate, I had 22,500 ( i.e. 25 crisp £20 notes) stolen from my safe in a certain establishment I stayed in last month, despite my threats to call the Police and having looked at the CCTV I got nowhere fast...TIT, needles to say I had to keep a Stiff upper lip and let it go and for sure wont be staying there again...lol

As for Stringfellows, Im not a great Go-Go bar fan but I really had a great time in there on my last visit which was made even better by me taking Ice2 upstairs for a most enjoyable romp :)

How did they get it from your safe? and please say where this happened as they dont deserve any bookings?

#40 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 11,260 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Are you going to name that establishment so other BM's can be aware?
  • bighairy and anchor like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users