Solice

Murder soi 7

Rate this topic

A couple of girls from soi 7 came into the bar tonight and said there was a murder on soi 7 a few nights ago. Apparently a ladyboy came on strong to a youngish guy who was walking down the soi, he wasn't interested and got angry with the ladyboy for touching him up. Apparently the ladyboy then took exception and started to fight him, then in typical Thai style a load of other Thais joined in and basically beat him to death, by the sound of it he died from internal injuries/bleeding.

Havent seen anything on the news or any other reports and Paeng is at a loss to know why it hasnt been reported.

Anybody know anything about it?

Wow. Sick to hear. Plenty of us have seen this before but never with such an extreme result. It just goes to show, don't get involved. The wrong kick to the stomach or the wrong bang to the head and someone is gonners.

A few killings reported in the local Papers, but nothing involving a bar client.  Mostly the usual shit (LB pickpockets, etc.).  Nothing along the lines described here.  Possible I missed something, but this seems like it would be pretty big news.

It might have not been reported because from what Solice says, it sounds pretty severe.

You read about people being murdered on the Pattaya news sites, but very very rarely in this fashion.

You could imagine how the story would read - Tourist beaten to death by angry mob for no reason in Pattaya.

I'd say it might have been an Arab guy maybe. If it was a British, American, Australian it would have been picked up by the media in the home country.

I heard LB stomped on his head and her stiletto got him in the eye.

Blimey that is an effective grapevine getting all the way up to Bangkok LOL.  

I have heard nothing whatsoever but not been in that area for a while so unlikely to hear anything either.  

The other day when I'll I watched Pattaya weekly update, boy was that up lifting, murders a few motorbike deaths lost limbs drink driving to name but a few, this is a dangerous place if you are not careful.

Saw some idiot Falang hanging off the back of a tuck tuck last night pissed, how he never came right off with serious injury is beyond me

Blimey that is an effective grapevine getting all the way up to Bangkok LOL.

I have heard nothing whatsoever but not been in that area for a while so unlikely to hear anything either.

I was in pattaya last couple of days. A few guys talking about in Sensations last night

Solice.  Can you please confirm or not?   *If* true then it's the last straw and I'll be cancelling my flight.  What were other Thai's doing in the area?  Did they enjoy the show?  Humans or rabid animals?

I can confirm the story.

A 21 year old Norwegian tourist was beaten to death yesterday or the day before by kathoeys in soi 7.

A witness told me a kathoey from the ladyboy bar in front of happy gogo - this should then be "Nice bar 2" - touched the Norwegian man's penis through his pants, he didn't like it and said "fuck you" to the kathoey who then began beating the guy.
More kathoeys joined the fight and kicked him using their stiletto heels - eventually they severely injured the man's neck and he began to bleed profusely (jugular artery ??) and died a short time later in the hospital.

I feel no punishment is too harsh for the perpetrators of this horrible crime.

The story about the stiletto in the eye might be an alternative version, don't know which one is true.

Edited by transgirls

Thanks for info.  Will cancel flight.  Finished.  Thanks for the memories.

We've all gone out at night in a bad mood of sorts but this takes it to another level.  Nothing will happen to the murderers of course.

How can anyone feel safe walking down soi 7 now?  A mainstream tourist hang out.  I assume the other bar workers consider this acceptable behavour.   Be sure all the witnessses are hiding in the bars tonight and those same witnesses or even the attackers will be approaching you, assuming you're foolish enough to leave your hotel for a drink.

Beasts.

Edited by Angle

Thanks for info.  Will cancel flight.  Finished.  Thanks for the memories.

We've all gone out at night in a bad mood of sorts but this takes it to another level.  Nothing will happen to the murderers of course.

How can anyone feel safe walking down soi 7 now?  A mainstream tourist hang out.  I assume the other bar workers consider this acceptable behavour.   Be sure all the witnessses are hiding in the bars tonight and those same witnesses or even the attackers will be approaching you, assuming you're foolish enough to leave your hotel for a drink.

Beasts.

I agree this a terrible tragedy and for the perpetrators no punishment is to severe as it seemed pretty unprovoked. I know we do not know the whole story here and even if the guy was abusive the retaliation by the attackers was way over the top.

This could happen anywhere though and I have seen a man beaten to death in Melbourne Australia for his sneakers so this is not exclusive to Thailand or even soi 7. You are free to cancel your flight as it is your holiday and you need feel comfortable and safe. I would not go to that extreme though.

I hope they are caught are punished accordingly.

Thanks for info. Will cancel flight. Finished. Thanks for the memories.

We've all gone out at night in a bad mood of sorts but this takes it to another level. Nothing will happen to the murderers of course.

How can anyone feel safe walking down soi 7 now? A mainstream tourist hang out. I assume the other bar workers consider this acceptable behavour. Be sure all the witnessses are hiding in the bars tonight and those same witnesses or even the attackers will be approaching you, assuming you're foolish enough to leave your hotel for a drink.

Beasts.

Canceling a trip based of a singular random act of violence is a bit extreme. Have been down Soi 7 100's of times without Seeing anything other than hot girls and good times.

Any death is horrible, but as the reports go he plainly over reacted. If you're not willing to be groped by strangers, even those of the 3rd sex you don't belong in Pattaya to begin with.

Same as if you can't hold your drink or keep your head when you drink. In those cases best to stay in the relative safety of your home.

Canceling a trip based of a singular random act of violence is a bit extreme. Have been down Soi 7 100's of times without Seeing anything other than hot girls and good times.

Any death is horrible, but as the reports go he plainly over reacted. If you're not willing to be groped by strangers, even those of the 3rd sex you don't belong in Pattaya to begin with.

Same as if you can't hold your drink or keep your head when you drink. In those cases best to stay in the relative safety of your home.

Didn't hear anything saying the guy overreacted other than pushing the kathoey back and throwing a "fuck you" at her.

Overreaction or not, one shouldn't die for pushing back a kathoey and throwing an insult.

I think police will catch the perp, because it's a kathoey and nobody cares about a kathoey.

I hope they catch the whole group and lock them up and lose the key.

Trash people. scum.

That murder is absolutely digusting.

Anyway, the incident leaves me a bit speechless because I know "Nice Bar 2" and some of the staff there.

But I have to say I have already witnessed several times youth gangs around soi 7, either battling each other with knives and glass bottles, especially on songkran or ganging up on farangs.

Also rumor has it that a couple of gogos on that soi are mafia owned - err... I mean mafia worse than your usual mafia - and that attracts some Thai "patrons" that are largely unwelcome elsewhere and which are virtually invisible to police officers. Don't even seem to throw a shadow.

Edited by transgirls

In another thread here, 3 teens killed an Aussie tourist in Oklahoma. That's not in Pattaya by the way. Unprovoked attacks happen everywhere. Guy looks at another guy's GF. Whatever. This is tragic, but I don't understand why when it's in LOS it's somehow a bigger tragedy. Don't do anything stupid wherever you go.

Recall a Thai guy getting gunned down in front of one of the Soi 7 gogos and dying on the beach. That was maybe 2 years ago.

Again, not defending the attackers at all but an angry "fuck you" are words to insight a fight. That's the reason those words exist and you don't thrown them at strangers casually.

Acts of violence will happen in any city. At least once a week I'm surprised Pattaya isn't in total anarchy. Yet have found in general it's the safest city of its kind to walk around and for sure to party in.

There are guys that, despite all the pleasure of Pattaya are still angry and looking for fights. Its their idea of fun. Or maybe its all they know. Those guys have no problem finding the trouble they seek.

I suspected it was the Nice 2 bar so last night when one of the ladies there called me with the  regular 'when you come see me?'  question I asked if someone was killed  in front of her bar.   She said "no".   

I think that's the story  and they are sticking to it and it's probably best to not pry (but I can't help but pry a little bit, maybe tonight).

I have no comment to make on the story as i do not know the facts .   All i would say for anyone new to Thailand that may read this  post is never use offensive language or make angry hand gestures to any Thai you are not familiar with . It's seen as highly offensive & the reaction may be very aggressive .

Again, not defending the attackers at all but an angry "fuck you" are words to insight a fight. That's the reason those words exist and you don't thrown them at strangers casually.

Although the same (kathoeys, but not limited to them) scum is using the word angrily and quite liberally on foreigners who dare to insult them by simply not being interested by their advances.

Rumor has it, the Norwegian also joined the gesture to the words.

I had a fantasy where I pictured foreigners to gang up as well in such situations, especially all those alleged ex-military, ex-police, ex-legion and ex-SAS guys and other anonymous muscle men wannabees who always post on forums ad nauseam that they are not afraid of a fight...

Edited by transgirls

RIP young man...

it is certainly a tragic event but one that could have been avoided. Groping potential customers is a soi 7 tradition and something that 99% of visitors to soi 7 take in stride and decline with a smile and a laugh...and everyone moves on and enjoys their evening.

I am not condoning the actions of the murderers by any means but, when visiting Pattaya one has to be aware of traditions and one has to be mature enough to maneuver through the obstacles you encounter.

IMHO...perhaps the victim was too young to be visiting Pattaya and was not schooled in the possible violent scenarios that can pop up over disrespect and loss of face.

edit....just a quick note...you read these arguments on all the Pattaya boards about old dudes vs. young dudes...and how Pattaya is for the young guy now....IMHO....the young punter has to first learn the ins and outs of this hobby at home....learn the pitfalls and learn how to side step danger in your own neck of the woods before moving on to the Premier League which is Pattaya....IMHO, this young mans rush to the Big Leagues may have cost him his life.

Edited by hanz

Recall a Thai guy getting gunned down in front of one of the Soi 7 gogos and dying on the beach. That was maybe 2 years ago.

Acts of violence will happen in any city. At least once a week I'm surprised Pattaya isn't in total anarchy. Yet have found in general it's the safest city of its kind to walk around and for sure to party in.

There are guys that, despite all the pleasure of Pattaya are still angry and looking for fights. Its their idea of fun. Or maybe its all they know. Those guys have no problem finding the trouble they seek.

This was december last year , i was called into blue dragon bar to help a bit earlier to help the girls deal with a drunk brit, i helped him on his way home and went on to soi 13/1 . next day the girls in the bar tell me about a shooting later in the evening.

You need to keep your cool when these moments occure.

I know an american guy who has lived in Pattaya with his thai wife for twelve months now ,great mate but has short fuse.

In that twelve months he has had two fist fights with  falangs and two heated encounters with thais.

Said to him your not big enough to win every fight. you keep on like this and you will get hurt .

After his last punch up where he broke a guys nose and rattled some teeth. he has not gone out