• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

went through red light?? at 3am in morning police stopped me, had to go police station in morning 1000baht fine not at soi 9 ....the other one at Banuglangmon bit far to travel on bike put it this way i would like to walk it...lol......thing is i never seen the light and was sober when i asked him what red light? he said NO SEE RED LIGHT YOU!! 5555555 all on paper work !!! ....sometimes u got to laugh ......Regards Garry :blink:

Edited by garrydirty, 20 September 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#2 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Was it at a regular traffic light or one of the pedestrian crossings?

Be careful of turning left on reds, especially when there are signs. Police seem to ticket for that more than anything. On 3rd Rd and South Pattaya Road they get people all the time there

#3 Bax

Bax

King of LB threesomes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts
  • Interests:Not responding to a troll

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Don't cross the Stop line while waiting for a light... 400 baht fine

#4 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

POPULAR

Don't ride a bike....= No fine..

• insearchofxxx, yumyum, thaidave and 2 others like this

#5 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I have noticed that they have put signs up at some junctions telling you not to turn left on a red where as before you could. Sneeaky but what can you do, TIT. (This Is Thailand, in case anyone didn't know TIT)

Edited by lbshagger, 20 September 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#6 Baz

Baz

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

your sober at 3am ??

#7 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

untitled.png

#8 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts
  • Interests:A Man long ago asked me? although I was young I told him......

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Best advice 100%

#9 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 15,218 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

No slashed tyres either... :ph34r:

• garrydirty likes this

#10 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

your sober at 3am ??

yeah was just nipping out to 7-11 was having a take-a--way indoors and had run out of cigs.....Regards Garry :ph34r:

#11 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

went through red light?? at 3am in morning police stopped me, had to go police station in morning 1000baht fine not at soi 9 ....the other one at Banuglangmon bit far to travel on bike put it this way i would like to walk it...lol......thing is i never seen the light and was sober when i asked him what red light? he said NO SEE RED LIGHT YOU!! 5555555 all on paper work !!! ....sometimes u got to laugh ......Regards Garry :blink:

Which red light - most of them are fairly obvious !

#12 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

Feck me am having alot of luck with this bike, listen this one come down soi 7 on to beach  rd BIB standing at soi 9 right outside the police station pulling every flang over, internatinaol driving licence ......no.....British one only.....NO good says he......open seat up on bike.......ah he says licence on bike out of date No insurance on bike....WTF its a hire bike......Go pay fine 900baht.....so thats 1900baht in fines and 1800baht for tyres and new brake -handle on bike total so far 3700baht & rental 2000baht for the 15days am staying out over Siam Country.....thank God i leave this apartment and bike in a few days.....its all gone Pete Tong.....55555 oh u gotta laugh.............Regards Garry :)  

• Up2You, Solice and bob2011 like this

#13 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Which red light - most of them are fairly obvious !

well it was that obvious even the police could not tell me!!!! Regards Garry

#14 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

just wondering where it was - most lights at the main intersections are fairly obvious - can't think
of one you wouldn't see !

#15 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

just wondering where it was - most lights at the main intersections are fairly obvious - can't think
of one you wouldn't see !

There out for tea-money what am I going to do? argue with a Thai cop that the light was fecking green!!! are u sure? it was yes sir, sorry sir, wont happen again.....pay fine what else are u going to do? please let me no if you have the answer? Yeah right don't ride a bike 5555 Regards Garry

#16 GrifterMan

GrifterMan

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Transhumanism, Ladyboys, Neanderthals, Old School

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Feck me am having alot of luck with this bike, listen this one come down soi 7 on to beach  rd BIB standing at soi 9 right outside the police station pulling every flang over, internatinaol driving licence ......no.....British one only.....NO good says he......open seat up on bike.......ah he says licence on bike out of date No insurance on bike....WTF its a hire bike......Go pay fine 900baht.....so thats 1900baht in fines and 1800baht for tyres and new brake -handle on bike total so far 3700baht & rental 2000baht for the 15days am staying out over Siam Country.....thank God i leave this apartment and bike in a few days.....its all gone Pete Tong.....55555 oh u gotta laugh.............Regards Garry :)  

Damn Garry- sounds like you found your "kryptonite" in LOS!

#17 boyo

boyo

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

gave up bikes in patts 10 years ago , in those days it was 100 baht fine in  plods back pocket for doing wheelie 

on beach road if he could catch you , these days to dangerous crap drivers cars and bikes on road , also there

plod every other corner 24 - 7 waiting to nick you for doing nothing , thing that pisses me off Thai's go 3, 4 , up

on bikes , wrong way , park middle of road etc etc nothing said ,

:Surrender:   I need a drink    :Drinker:  

#18 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

There out for tea-money what am I going to do? argue with a Thai cop that the light was fecking green!!! are u sure? it was yes sir, sorry sir, wont happen again.....pay fine what else are u going to do? please let me no if you have the answer? Yeah right don't ride a bike 5555 Regards Garry

agree totally - not to argue with the cop - was only asking where the light was in order to warn other members - I mean if it is in a sneaky spot where you wouldn't see it (not like a major intersection)

I also like to ride a scooter so have a particular interest in not getting caught out if at all possible !
  • garrydirty likes this

#19 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,246 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

The BiB would get a hell of alot more Baht going after pissed Tourists  :BuyBeer:

#20 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

It's not just bikes, they pulled me in my car a few weeks back as well as every motorcyclist. I was surprised as the tax is always up to date. Never got round to queuing up for my Thai licence. Surprised at the fine, only 400 baht and paid to a policemen in a makeshift office. Receipts and everything. There were also a lot more Thais there being fined than farang. I couldn't really argue as he was right, back in our home countries the same happens if we break traffic laws, we pay a fine. I remember riding my motorbike in the UK over 30 years ago and was up the local police station once a week showing documents after being pulled and given the 5 day "producer", and that was for doing nothing wrong, waiting at traffic light once when they pulled me out of the line. Not just the LOS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users