Sign in to follow this  
garrydirty

1000baht fine

Rate this topic

went through red light?? at 3am in morning police stopped me, had to go police station in morning 1000baht fine not at soi 9 ....the other one at Banuglangmon bit far to travel on bike put it this way i would like to walk it...lol......thing is i never seen the light and was sober when i asked him what red light? he said NO SEE RED LIGHT YOU!! 5555555 all on paper work !!! ....sometimes u got to laugh ......Regards Garry :blink:

Edited by garrydirty

Was it at a regular traffic light or one of the pedestrian crossings?

Be careful of turning left on reds, especially when there are signs. Police seem to ticket for that more than anything. On 3rd Rd and South Pattaya Road they get people all the time there

I have noticed that they have put signs up at some junctions telling you not to turn left on a red where as before you could. Sneeaky but what can you do, TIT. (This Is Thailand, in case anyone didn't know TIT)

Edited by lbshagger

went through red light?? at 3am in morning police stopped me, had to go police station in morning 1000baht fine not at soi 9 ....the other one at Banuglangmon bit far to travel on bike put it this way i would like to walk it...lol......thing is i never seen the light and was sober when i asked him what red light? he said NO SEE RED LIGHT YOU!! 5555555 all on paper work !!! ....sometimes u got to laugh ......Regards Garry :blink:

Which red light - most of them are fairly obvious !

just wondering where it was - most lights at the main intersections are fairly obvious - can't think

of one you wouldn't see !

There out for tea-money what am I going to do? argue with a Thai cop that the light was fecking green!!! are u sure? it was yes sir, sorry sir, wont happen again.....pay fine what else are u going to do? please let me no if you have the answer? Yeah right don't ride a bike 5555 Regards Garry

Feck me am having alot of luck with this bike, listen this one come down soi 7 on to beach  rd BIB standing at soi 9 right outside the police station pulling every flang over, internatinaol driving licence ......no.....British one only.....NO good says he......open seat up on bike.......ah he says licence on bike out of date No insurance on bike....WTF its a hire bike......Go pay fine 900baht.....so thats 1900baht in fines and 1800baht for tyres and new brake -handle on bike total so far 3700baht & rental 2000baht for the 15days am staying out over Siam Country.....thank God i leave this apartment and bike in a few days.....its all gone Pete Tong.....55555 oh u gotta laugh.............Regards Garry :)  

Damn Garry- sounds like you found your "kryptonite" in LOS!

gave up bikes in patts 10 years ago , in those days it was 100 baht fine in  plods back pocket for doing wheelie 

on beach road if he could catch you , these days to dangerous crap drivers cars and bikes on road , also there

plod every other corner 24 - 7 waiting to nick you for doing nothing , thing that pisses me off Thai's go 3, 4 , up

on bikes , wrong way , park middle of road etc etc nothing said ,

:Surrender:   I need a drink    :Drinker:  

There out for tea-money what am I going to do? argue with a Thai cop that the light was fecking green!!! are u sure? it was yes sir, sorry sir, wont happen again.....pay fine what else are u going to do? please let me no if you have the answer? Yeah right don't ride a bike 5555 Regards Garry

agree totally - not to argue with the cop - was only asking where the light was in order to warn other members - I mean if it is in a sneaky spot where you wouldn't see it (not like a major intersection)

I also like to ride a scooter so have a particular interest in not getting caught out if at all possible !

It's not just bikes, they pulled me in my car a few weeks back as well as every motorcyclist. I was surprised as the tax is always up to date. Never got round to queuing up for my Thai licence. Surprised at the fine, only 400 baht and paid to a policemen in a makeshift office. Receipts and everything. There were also a lot more Thais there being fined than farang. I couldn't really argue as he was right, back in our home countries the same happens if we break traffic laws, we pay a fine. I remember riding my motorbike in the UK over 30 years ago and was up the local police station once a week showing documents after being pulled and given the 5 day "producer", and that was for doing nothing wrong, waiting at traffic light once when they pulled me out of the line. Not just the LOS.

Well it's not all one sided . The BiB do once in a while fine a local , though the size of the fine is in line with their income.

By the way Garry get rid of the bike it might be working its way up to a big one.

I was stopped on north Sukumvitt for running a red light, Thai style :)  Was in the extreme left lane. Stopped, then slowly proceeded; 75 meters later a cop stepped out from behind a tree and wrote me out a ticket. He kept my Thai licenese and followed me to the police station on Sukumvitt. When I presented my ticket to the lady clerk, she made one of those "Oaw!" Thai exclamantions and pointed to a sign- 1,000 baht fine for red light violations.

Pattaya, never boring :)

PS- I normally don't run red lights but on my previous stops at that intersection, I was nearly run over by Thai drivers running the light...

Feck me am having alot of luck with this bike, listen this one come down soi 7 on to beach rd BIB standing at soi 9 right outside the police station pulling every flang over, internatinaol driving licence ......no.....British one only.....NO good says he......open seat up on bike.......ah he says licence on bike out of date No insurance on bike....WTF its a hire bike......Go pay fine 900baht.....so thats 1900baht in fines and 1800baht for tyres and new brake -handle on bike total so far 3700baht & rental 2000baht for the 15days am staying out over Siam Country.....thank God i leave this apartment and bike in a few days.....its all gone Pete Tong.....55555 oh u gotta laugh.............Regards Garry :)

I've been showing my uk license for a while now and they have accepted it, however I do have my motorbike license in the uk and that's what he looked for on the license, if you don't have it then the license is worthless in Thailand.

You guys getting abused but keep coming back to that shit hole called Thailand! Vote with your wallet instead of bitching on here! After witnessing how foreigners are treated I haven't been back just on principle!