Sign in to follow this  
lance2546

F@ck, F@ck, F@ck! Pricks Stole My CBR250

Rate this topic

Thief1.JPGThief3.JPG

Just a word to the wise, secure your motorbikes guys. My Honda CBR250R was stolen from the locked parking compound on at my old apartment on Sep 27, 3:22 am. They also got another tennant's Kawasaki Ninja (Yeah I moved, made me sick to think about the theft...)

One pic is of the lookout, the best facial shot we have from the CCTV cam and the other pic is of the thieves pushing the stolen bikes, thai style, driver rides a bike and pushes the bike in fron with his foot.

Five thieves arrived on two Honda Waves, picked the lock or had a key, broke the steering lock on both bikes, the rode away. Looks like they never started the bikes, at least not initialy.

FYI guys.

Edited by lance2546

Fuck the bastards! :angry: I hope the get caught and you get your bike back, "Motorcycle thieves" are the lowest of the low!

Good luck!

cheeky f##kers !!!

In hind sight, they were watching us, knew our habits and were just waiting to swoop in and steal the bikes. What is amazing is that they even stole the lock that secured the gate! And I don't think they were afraid of finger prints -they can be wiped away.

Sucks it happened. Did you have insurance? I had one bike stolen in Pattaya and dealership insurance covered the new bike, minus depreciation.

If its a rental those can be dodgy. The rental companies double dip when theft occurs charging insurance and the customer.

Edited by kathoeyfan

unlucky mate hope your insurance covers the theft , bike theft is big

problem all over Thailand , bib detection rate is very low in these crimes ,

they put little effort in trying to solve this type of crime for one reason

no cash in it for themselves .

Well as a fellow CBR250R owner, I sincerely feel for you Lance2546, honestly I do!.. And hopefully you'll get some redress from the insurance, especially considering the footage!?.. but please don't hold your breath.

If you do get a pay out & another CBR, or get the old one back, (which is unfortunately very unlikely), I'd advise you to get the thing chipped (the security type)... And of couse... Buy a heavy duty lock & always chain it to something when you park at night!.. Now I know that's a bit like teaching your old mum how to suck eggs... BUT????

FUCKING BASTARDS!

Bib detection rate is very low in these crimes ,

they put little effort in trying to solve this type of crime for one reason

no cash in it for themselves .

That's unless they're the one's trying to steal your bike, of course... Read my post about getting done for 'drink drive', one of these little monkey bastards thought he'd actually be going home on my bike!

Motorcycle thieves" are the lowest of the low!

I thought it was heros, Ice!?

I remember having a brand new bike (litteraly a week old) stolen from outside a friends bar in Chiang Mai about four years ago now. Anyway, I found the bike in an incredibly unapologetic, sneering, fat lady's garden adjacent to the bar & promply called the police. To cut to the chase, when the police arived they just laughed in my face & said that I was lucy to get the thing back... "No harm done", that sota thing.... And the fat lady just stood there & carried on sneering at me! :Angry (With Teeth):

@Kathoeyfan... Wow, I bet you breathed a sigh of relief!... Anyway, nice to hear that you got a pay out & also to know that there's sometimes a silver lining!

Edited by Lung Somchai

Guys thanks for your kind words, its appreciated.

I was the third owner of the bike, it was a 2011 model, but the green book says 2010 (build date?) so I'm not sure if I could have gotten theft insurance. Its a moot point since all I had was the government mandatory 3RD class liability coverage only.

Yeah I became complacent and "trusted" the locked parking area. I'm sure a good quality disc alarm would have scared them off. I carry a chain under the seat and lock it when I'm out and can't see the bike.

Any way, I rolled the dice, so I have to accept the loss. Guys, remember that old saying about don't invest or buy things in Thailand that you can not afford to lose...