addictedtothai

arab young man and old fat man

Rate this topic

its not that 1000 baht is a lot of money mate it was just the thought of it going for free when I could of had a good session takes the piss. I would rather the session then the lesson lol

Yes but next time your answer will be that you are broke and can he spare 20 baht?

Cons try these scams at the money exchange booths as well. A good reminder to not engage them at all especially when money is involved.

Wait, what?  You mean they have the balls to try this as you are getting your money or are you saying the tellers try this scam?   If there is a guy within 5 ft from me as I'm getting my money, they are in for trouble.

Wait, what? You mean they have the balls to try this as you are getting your money or are you saying the tellers try this scam? If there is a guy within 5 ft from me as I'm getting my money, they are in for trouble.

They try to pull the scam on exchange booths, asking to see the money for specific numbers or inspect the quality. Then when the teller is distracted they lift some of the bills and move on. Has been in the news a few times.

They try to pull the scam on exchange booths, asking to see the money for specific numbers or inspect the quality. Then when the teller is distracted they lift some of the bills and move on. Has been in the news a few times.

Almost like an old school vegas scam where man #1 drops a $25 chip, victim goes to grab it, man #2 near victim grabs and dashes.

Sorry to say that, but you acted very stupid. Well, I guess you know that already.

If somebody, arab or not, tries to know how much money you have with you, your alarm bells should start ringing at a high level. To hand the money over to people you do not know is close to insane. Pattaya is a place where all kinds of shady character come together.

Ask yourself, would you do the same in yout home country?

O.

lol, honestly don't mean to laugh but its a good story, i myself got done by the fortune teller bloke, he has been outed here a while ago, he can tell your memory only thing is slight of hand makes you not see what he did, it totally fooled me actually making me cry as he told me my mums name who had recently passed.

Total wanker, took me for 2K but i realised before he left and told him to give me 1K back and fuck off before i reported him.

He had his 'dad' with him

Kudos to the OP for telling this story on himself.   Well told, showing the method of engagement and step by step scam.  Looking back, it all seems so obvious, but when you are in the moment it's hard to pull back. Still, it would be fun to pull a reverse on these guys.

Pull your head in, hanz ... All credit to the OPer for posting the story.  He learnt a lesson but then so does everyone else who reads his post.

what lesson would that be jimmy? don't hand over your wallet to a stranger on a baht bus?

if you don't already know that lesson...there is no hope for you.

In normal times, Yes .. Most of us would or should already know better.  But we don't always use our best thinking (as the OPer readily conceded) or we're lulled into false security, tricked by an experienced professional con artist, etc etc ...

The post serves as a reminder to always be on guard and to be alert.  No harm in that IMO.  Cheers.

hanz just posting to warn others of a possible scam, wasn't in my right mind that day and they came across as nice and legit and I paid the price, by the look of many other foreign notes in his wallet so did many others and I didn't hand my wallet over I handed a few notes over to have a look, no need to be so ignorant about me posting to prepare others like me that aint in there right minds. could happen to many more but if they read this then they will be more keyed up.

regards addictedtothai

what lesson would that be jimmy? don't hand over your wallet to a stranger on a baht bus?

if you don't already know that lesson...there is no hope for you.

I think you're a bit harsh here hanz.  Most of us do stupid things pretty much everyday with small or no consequences.  I think it is good to be reminded to "use your brain" once in a while since we have some rotten apples walking around us.

Maybe we should call captain Hindsight? He usually got some good advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkI691dxNg

Edited by Jim Lahey

So you have never made a mistake Hanz???

Yesterday I got fucking scammed. Fucking copper jumped out ftom behind a tree with a radar gun. Nearly ran the fucker over. $220 ticket for speeding.

What a cunt.

No, not the copper.

Me for getting caught.

Shit happens to all of us so climb off your moral high horse and give the OP a break eh?