#1 addictedtothai

addictedtothai

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

POPULAR

I was on the bus last week on my way to Soi 6 going down second road, these 2 Arab looking guys got on the bus 1 skinny with a shirt and trousers on and the other old and fat casually dressed, they started off talking to me coming across as really friendly (forgot to mention I helped the old fat 1 on the bus because he had 1 walking stick) anyways the skinny 1 asked me where I was from I said England he the asked me if I had any English money on me he would like to see what English money looks like, I told him I don't have any because I currently live in Thailand, he then took out 20 baht and asked me is it small or big money so I replied its small money, so he then asked me if I could show him some notes so he could get my drift from lowest to highest ect, I pulled out my wallet some notes and was showing him whilst they was in my hand, he said can I hold them and have a look please? I was hesitant so he said you can hold my wallet if you like look i have money in there, inside his wallet was a lot of different foreign notes including 100 dollar bill, not thinking anything of it at the time i gave him the money to hold, he then hands my money back in my hands in the mean time I have been watching him closely obviously not closely enough.the old man who he's with says to me put your money away maybe somebody quick take and run, like a idiot without counting it I put it back in my wallet, 2 mins later they ring the bell and get off the bus. once I arrive at Soi 6 I decide to count my money realising that the little wanker stole 1000 baht note, must of been very very fast because I was watching his hands the whole time, be warned people these little fuckers make it look like butter wouldn't melt in there mouths, I know im the 1 to blame in all of this letting them hold my money ect like why would anyone do that? I just tried to be helpful but iv been kicking myself since so please no nasty comments I already feel bad enough as it is, never again and if I see these 2 again im going to beat and take everything they have they should be so lucky if I even leave there clothes on

Regards Addictedtothai

• Mr. Bickle, Jason_Bourne, Nob Hoskins and 1 other like this

#2 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Interests:Football, Travel, and living life to the fullest.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

POPULAR

May I say, 1000 baht for a good life lesson is money well spent ( no one was hurt, jailed, etc).  Now go online and wank off to your favorite LB hottie vid and pretend you had ST with her.  You wont feel as bad now :)

• ErikHansen, david1977 and Mr.M like this

#3 addictedtothai

addictedtothai

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

its not that 1000 baht is a lot of money mate it was just the thought of it going for free when I could of had a good session takes the piss. I would rather the session then the lesson lol

Edited by addictedtothai, 22 October 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#4 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Cons try these scams at the money exchange booths as well. A good reminder to not engage them at all especially when money is involved.
  • addictedtothai likes this

#5 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

its not that 1000 baht is a lot of money mate it was just the thought of it going for free when I could of had a good session takes the piss. I would rather the session then the lesson lol

Yes but next time your answer will be that you are broke and can he spare 20 baht?

• addictedtothai likes this

#6 addictedtothai

addictedtothai

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

lol yea something close to that or if its the same person the reply would be physical not verbal

#7 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Cons try these scams at the money exchange booths as well. A good reminder to not engage them at all especially when money is involved.

Wait, what?  You mean they have the balls to try this as you are getting your money or are you saying the tellers try this scam?   If there is a guy within 5 ft from me as I'm getting my money, they are in for trouble.

#8 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Wait, what? You mean they have the balls to try this as you are getting your money or are you saying the tellers try this scam? If there is a guy within 5 ft from me as I'm getting my money, they are in for trouble.

They try to pull the scam on exchange booths, asking to see the money for specific numbers or inspect the quality. Then when the teller is distracted they lift some of the bills and move on. Has been in the news a few times.

#9 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

They try to pull the scam on exchange booths, asking to see the money for specific numbers or inspect the quality. Then when the teller is distracted they lift some of the bills and move on. Has been in the news a few times.

Almost like an old school vegas scam where man #1 drops a $25 chip, victim goes to grab it, man #2 near victim grabs and dashes.

• pattayalover likes this

#10 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Sorry to say that, but you acted very stupid. Well, I guess you know that already.

If somebody, arab or not, tries to know how much money you have with you, your alarm bells should start ringing at a high level. To hand the money over to people you do not know is close to insane. Pattaya is a place where all kinds of shady character come together.

Ask yourself, would you do the same in yout home country?

O.

#11 iron

iron

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

its a lesson learned,i never engage with strangers like this,i just hope this warning is heeded.

#12 addictedtothai

addictedtothai

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

defo a lesson learned I still to this day cant understand why I did it but hey all the foreign notes in there wallet I guess I wasn't the only idiot

#13 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

It could of been a lot worse, they could of really taken you to the cleaners.  A lesson learned me thinks.

Cheers Fenton

#14 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

defo a lesson learned I still to this day cant understand why I did it but hey all the foreign notes in there wallet I guess I wasn't the only idiot

I know why, your mind was already on Soi 6 :D

#15 Mr. Bickle

Mr. Bickle

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • Interests:enjoying my life-new experiences-lb's-soapy massages-football-good company-laughing-the occasional wind-up-M.U.F.C.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thanx for posting this warning mate,as has been said 1,000 baht was a fair price for such a good lesson.....

• Jimmy_Lovepants likes this

#16 diamonddog

diamonddog

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Interests:Quality and Quantity

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

lol, honestly don't mean to laugh but its a good story, i myself got done by the fortune teller bloke, he has been outed here a while ago, he can tell your memory only thing is slight of hand makes you not see what he did, it totally fooled me actually making me cry as he told me my mums name who had recently passed.

Total wanker, took me for 2K but i realised before he left and told him to give me 1K back and fuck off before i reported him.
He had his 'dad' with him

#17 Jason_Bourne

Jason_Bourne

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:The LB on the other side of my phone

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Kudos to the OP for telling this story on himself.   Well told, showing the method of engagement and step by step scam.  Looking back, it all seems so obvious, but when you are in the moment it's hard to pull back. Still, it would be fun to pull a reverse on these guys.

#18 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,246 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Sadly when this sort of swindle happens we lose more respect for our fellow man.

#19 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

this is not a warning...this is a lesson in stupidity.
  • ObamaMomma and Ghost Of Steptoe like this

#20 Jimmy_Lovepants

Jimmy_Lovepants

I Have Demon Seed In Me

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,170 posts
  • Interests:wet patches
    ferret husbandry
    killing hipsters
    (fantasising about it anyway)

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

POPULAR

this is not a warning...this is a lesson in stupidity.

Pull your head in, hanz ... All credit to the OPer for posting the story.  He learnt a lesson but then so does everyone else who reads his post.

• Vasilli, nightrider, Nob Hoskins and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users