• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:A Man long ago asked me? although I was young I told him......

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

POPULAR

Coming soon

Attached File  AAAAA small.jpg   121.36KB   10 downloadsAttached File  A Introsmall.jpg   148.6KB   10 downloadsAttached File  AA small leaflet Ingredients 2.jpg   134.74KB   10 downloads

Examples of ingredients

Attached File  AAAX small Goji wolf.jpg   162.02KB   11 downloadsAttached File  aabbbcccccsmall Turmeric.jpg   128.59KB   8 downloadsAttached File  Brek 1small.jpg   147.76KB   8 downloads

• 360, RosieR and vituperative like this

#2 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Good luck with this Dave, But I fear you may have trouble converting some of your guests from their ''full English'' heart stoppers!

#3 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 10,566 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Fantastic Dave!  B)

#4 RosieR

RosieR

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi Dave as a champion body builder I have been running Muscle Camps and rejuvenation retreats in LOS and Patts in particular for about 3 years, what you are doing is great!! Everyone should have tis breakfast at least once while they are in Patts. I'm sure the fibre content alone would increase BMs enjoyment LOL

#5 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Good luck with this Dave, But I fear you may have trouble converting some of your guests from their ''full English'' heart stoppers!

Yes I have been on this health food thing now for a few weeks and off the beer completely for nearly a month, have been impressed with how much better I feel and how better a nights sleep I now have, I must admit though the urge for egg bacon and sausage sometimes is a bit overpowering but with eating healthy 90% of the time a little bit of naughty does you well. 

Fantastic Dave!  B)

Thanks for that

Hi Dave as a champion body builder I have been running Muscle Camps and rejuvenation retreats in LOS and Patts in particular for about 3 years, what you are doing is great!! Everyone should have tis breakfast at least once while they are in Patts. I'm sure the fibre content alone would increase BMs enjoyment LOL

Yes a lot of this stuff I have been researching often mentions building muscle and good for body builders so both go hand in hand, although anyone can try the healthy breakfast it is as much aimed at ex-pats like myself who forget what your eating and get lazy and drink too much and all of a sudden you are getting ill often and as you get older have to take more care.

I started it all as I managed to contract myositis which is a muscle wasting disease so need all the help I can get so thats why I started it and realised many of the long term ex-pats I know here are either ill often or eating rubbish and drinking too much although many say they are ok it maybe too late once a disease grabs you.

When you look into a lot of the scientific research on many of these ingredients all of them boast helping many things such as immune system, detoxing, colon cleansing, blood sugar, diabetes, liver cleansing, alzheimer's, cancer preventing, cholesterol, weight loss and the list goes on.

#6 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thats a fantastic menu you have put together. Hope it works out and people take it up and avail of it

#7 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

By the way when your chefs are cooking do they cook in coconut oil. In my opinion coconut oil has vast health benefits and no trans fats. I cook all my food now with coconut oil

#8 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

No coconut oil is very expensive so out of reach for the prices we charge, if your cooking for your self then fine same with olive oil and coconut oil you can take a tablespoon a day just swallow will help your system no end.

• Chicarito1974 likes this

#9 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Have been experimenting with my first batch of this and found it to be quite different but quite nice so am on a big batch now will be ready in a week or so and will be available at the cafe.

Attached File  Kombucha A small.jpg   124.47KB   8 downloadsAttached File  Kombucha B small.jpg   123KB   5 downloadsAttached File  Kombucha C small.jpg   128.31KB   5 downloads

#10 Jimmy_Lovepants

Jimmy_Lovepants

I Have Demon Seed In Me

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,829 posts
  • Interests:wet patches
    ferret husbandry
    killing hipsters
    (fantasising about it anyway)

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

One's first reaction looking at the healthy lifestyle breakfast menu is to take the piss.....(rabbit food wtf!).....But there's no doubt a lot of us could benefit from a good toxic clean out. :)

Good luck with it Dave. Will stop by and give the new brekky a try out next trip!  (..but is it okay to double up on heart stopping sausages, chips n bacon in the evenings?! 55)

#11 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

No coconut oil is very expensive so out of reach for the prices we charge, if your cooking for your self then fine same with olive oil and coconut oil you can take a tablespoon a day just swallow will help your system no end.

first thing in the morning I put a spoon of coconout oil in my black coffee great way to start the day and it tastes great aswell.

#12 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

I made this stuff decades ago but stopped when I hear on the News people had developed Kidney troubles. 

From the Mayo clinic.....

What is kombucha tea? Does it have any health benefits? Answer from Brent A. Bauer, M.D.

Kombucha tea is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast. Although it's sometimes referred to as kombucha mushroom tea, kombucha is not a mushroom — it's a colony of bacteria and yeast. Kombucha tea is made by adding the colony to sugar and tea, and allowing the mix to ferment. The resulting liquid contains vinegar, B vitamins and a number of other chemical compounds.

Health benefits attributed to kombucha tea include stimulating the immune system, preventing cancer, and improving digestion and liver function. However, there's no scientific evidence to support these health claims.

There have, however, been reports of adverse effects such as stomach upset, infections and allergic reactions in kombucha tea drinkers. Kombucha tea is often brewed in homes under nonsterile conditions, making contamination likely. If ceramic pots are used for brewing, lead poisoning might be a concern — the acids in the tea may leach lead from the ceramic glaze.

In short, there isn't good evidence that kombucha tea delivers on its health claims. At the same time, several cases of harm have been reported. Therefore, the prudent approach is to avoid kombucha tea until more definitive information is available.

Edited by LWFM, 27 November 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#13 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

I made this stuff decades ago but stopped when I hear on the News people had developed Kidney troubles. 

From the Mayo clinic.....

What is kombucha tea? Does it have any health benefits? Answer from Brent A. Bauer, M.D.

Kombucha tea is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast. Although it's sometimes referred to as kombucha mushroom tea, kombucha is not a mushroom — it's a colony of bacteria and yeast. Kombucha tea is made by adding the colony to sugar and tea, and allowing the mix to ferment. The resulting liquid contains vinegar, B vitamins and a number of other chemical compounds.

Health benefits attributed to kombucha tea include stimulating the immune system, preventing cancer, and improving digestion and liver function. However, there's no scientific evidence to support these health claims.

There have, however, been reports of adverse effects such as stomach upset, infections and allergic reactions in kombucha tea drinkers. Kombucha tea is often brewed in homes under nonsterile conditions, making contamination likely. If ceramic pots are used for brewing, lead poisoning might be a concern — the acids in the tea may leach lead from the ceramic glaze.

In short, there isn't good evidence that kombucha tea delivers on its health claims. At the same time, several cases of harm have been reported. Therefore, the prudent approach is to avoid kombucha tea until more definitive information is available.

There is always this type of info reported and normally by someone from the pharmaceutical industry, you see they don't want everyone knowing too much about keeping yourself healthy, it will cut profits & put them out of a job.

Just look into the evidence re baking soda and cancer and see how many Dr's prescribe it, can you imagine the effects on the whole medical profession if all of a sudden a large % of people started to get well. 

#14 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

I will have to give some of this stuff a try on my next trip, after ive eaten your full English Breakfast :Eating: am sure a nice health drink will go well when I am having a smoke :Smoker & Beard: see ya soon Dave and good luck with the health stuff,, Regards Garry :Blow Heart:

#15 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Attached File  turmeric (1).jpg   23.7KB   3 downloads

Over the years, there has been plenty of research performed on the value of natural substances in treating human diseases, but very little has been conducted on the effects of commonly used supplements and/or food components such as spices in already healthy people to improve their well-being.

All the more reason why a study published in 2012 in the Nutrition Journal titled, "Diverse effects of a low dose supplement of lapidated curcumin in healthy middle aged people,' holds great interest among those on the fence about using dietary supplements to improve the quality and perhaps length of their lives, but for which clinical proof is lacking.

The study was conducted in healthy middle aged people (40–60 years old) with a low dose of curcumin (80 mg/day) in a fat soluble (lipidated) form. Curcumin is the primary polyphenol found in turmeric (3% concentration by dry weight), which gives the root its bright saffron color. Two groups of 19 subjects were given either curcumin or placebo for 4 weeks. Blood and saliva samples were taken before and after the 4 weeks and analyzed for the following blood and saliva measures relevant to health promotion:

Blood plasma levels of triglycerides and cholesterol concentrations (mg/dl).
Blood plasma concentrations of nitric oxide and soluble intracellular adhesion molecule (sICAM).
Blood plasma concentrations of myeloperoxidase (ng/ml) and C-reactive protein (mg/L x10).
Saliva activities of amylase (U/L) and antioxidant status (uM of copper reducing equivalents).
Blood plasma activities of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) (U/L) and beta amyloid protein (pmoles/L).
The positive results were reported as follows:

Curcumin lowered triglycerides, but not cholesterol (note: lowering cholesterol may harm human health).
Curcumin increased plasma contents of nitric oxide, a molecule that can work against high blood pressure, as well as lowering plasma concentrations of sICAM, a molecule linked to atherosclerosis.
Curcumin raised plasma myeloperoxidase concentrations, without raising C-reactive protein and ceruloplasmin values – a sign of normal and inflammation-related neutrophil function.

Curcumin reduced salivary amylase activities, which are an indicator of sympathetic nervous system stress.
Curcumin raised salivary radical scavenging capacities, an indicator of reduced oxidative stress.·    
Curcumin reduced plasma contents of beta amyloid protein, a marker for brain aging and Alzheimer's disease.
Curcumin reduced ALT liver enzyme activities, a marker for liver injury.

The study authors noted that, "in apparently healthy individuals, a relatively low dose of a specific curcumin preparation can exert a variety of health promoting effects." They pointed out that in previous human intervention studies using curcumin much larger doses were used in people who were already suffering from health problems. What was unique about their findings was that, "the wide variety of potentially health promoting effects seen in the present study suggests that curcumin can produce benefits in people without immediate disease states." [emphasis added]

What is so encouraging about this study is that unlike much of the research that now exists using natural substances and/or dietary interventions to improve the condition of subjects with already serious diseases, we now have solid evidence that curcumin has wellness-promoting properties. This is a different concept than 'disease-fighting,' which participates in a war-like mentality and implies that the body must be subjected to aggressive, heroic and sometimes dangerous treatments to beat it back into a state of symptom reduction or symptom remission.

The point, of course, is to prevent disease from taking hold in the first place by supporting the body's many complex systems naturally. Curcumin, and the whole turmeric root from which it derives, has a remarkable ability to modulate numerous pathways in the body simultaneously, almost as if by some intelligent hand.  This new study only further confirms why this plant has been appreciated as a sacred healing ally for thousands of years, and why it may play a vital role in the modern world both in protecting us from many life-threatening illnesses and acting as a body wide tonic, even when consumed in moderation, or in culinary doses.

Attached File  Turm ginger small.jpg   131.36KB   3 downloads

#16 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Considering that the conventional treatment of advanced stage pancreatic cancer can result in as little as a 1% 5-year survival rate, new preclinical research on a liposomal turmeric extract that inhibits pancreatic tumor growth by 42% is all the more amazing.

A promising new study published in the journal Anticancer Research, a peer-reviewed medical journal published by the International Institute of Anticancer Research, reveals a unique turmeric extract known as liposomal curcumin may provide an ideal chemotherapy alternative in the treatment of highly lethal pancreatic cancers.

Curcumin is the primarly polyphenol in turmeric, and has been the subject of extensive research demonstrating its ability to kill cancer cells, with over 1,500 studies available to view on Greenmedinfo.com relevant to over 100 distinct cancer types, including 24 studies demonstrating its anti-pancreatic cancer properties. [View all the curcumin studies.]

Liposomal curcumin utilizes a successful lipid-based drug delivery system, with some liposomal formulations having already received FDA approval.  Owing to curcumin's low water solubility and subsequent low systemic bioavailability, its encapsulation into liposomes (artificially-prepared vesicle composed of a lipid bilayer) greatly improves its ability to gain entry into the body by passing through the 'glucoronidation barrier' in the liver.

Exocrine pancreatic cancer is notorious for responding poorly to conventional treatment, with American Cancer Society statistics promising only a 14% 5-year survival rate in Stage IA cancers, spiraling down to only 1% for Stage IV types.[2]  Moreover, even when chemotherapy, surgery and radiotherapy results in the successful debulking of the tumor, and the patient manages to survive past 5 years, recurrence is still common; this often occurs as a direct result of conventional treatment, which damages the immune system and enriches the treatment-resistance tumorigenic cancer stem cell population within the post-treatment cancer survivor's body.

The new study was performed by researchers at the Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, and Institute for Cancer Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas. They determined the antitumor effects of a liposomal curcumin formulation against human pancreatic cancer cells through in vitro and xenograft studies, where the cells were implanted into mice to form tumors

The liposomal curcumin formulation was found to inhibit pancreatic cancer cell proliferation in vitro, and when administered to the animals intraperitoneally at a dose of 20 mg/kg, three-times a week for four weeks, a 42% suppression of tumor growth was observed compared to untreated controls. 

This would be the equivalent of 1,360 mg for a 150 lb adult.  Note, the 20 mg/kg dose given to the test animals is 100 times lower than the LD50 for mice (i.e. the dose that would take to kill 50% of a test group).

Additionally, researchers observed "A potent antiangiogenic effect," characterized by a reduced number blood vessels and other pro-angiogenic factors associated with the growth of the tumor's blood supply.

The researchers concluded, "These data clearly establish the efficacy of liposomal curcumin in reducing human pancreatic cancer growth in the examined model. The therapeutic curcumin-based effects, with no limiting side-effects, suggest that liposomal curcumin may be beneficial in patients with pancreatic cancer."

Considering the relatively high safety margin, affordability, accessibility and effectiveness (as demonstrated by pre-clinical research and a vast body of anecdotes) of turmeric extracts in fighting highly lethal cancers, we can only hope the medical establishment begins to incorporate these medicinal spices into their treatment protocols. 

Considering how potent are the chemosensitizing effects of curcumin, it could be argued that it is unethical for them not to provide their patients the option of using these agents, or at the very least as adjuvants in integrative cancer care.  For more information on this latter application, read our article: Integrative Cancer Research: Surviving Chemo & Radiation

One reason I put lots of it in the soup

Attached File  Carrott-Soup a small.jpg   113.9KB   3 downloads

#17 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

We have Kefir by the glass or take away bottle

Attached File  Kefir bens.jpg   138.49KB   3 downloads

Coming soon

Attached File  spinach soup a.jpg   126.55KB   3 downloads

#18 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Attached File  kefir small.jpg   116.06KB   3 downloads

Yogurt is a source of probiotics, the live organisms (including healthy bacteria's) that are naturally found in our digestive tracts. These organisms help stem the growth of harmful bacteria and boost our immune systems. But kefir is an even better source of these helpful little guys — three times the source of yogurt, it's thought. This is because kefir is made by fermenting milk with 10 to 20 different types of bacteria and yeasts, where yogurt is usually just fermented with a handful of types; this leads to a higher probiotic count in the final product.

A 200 gram serving of kefir provides about 25 per cent of the daily RDA for calcium, which is important for the health of your bones and teeth. You can replace a regular dairy serving with kefir to get the calcium you need along with the drink's probiotic benefits.

Know that sleepy, relaxed feeling you get after a big turkey dinner? That's thanks to tryptophan, an amino acid. The same amino acid is found in kefir, which means it actually can have a relaxing effect. Maybe that's where that "good feeling" name originated?

Kefir is a great way to get extra protein in your diet without extra calories, a single serving of kefir has less than 100 calories, but provides 10.5 grams of protein, which can help you feel fuller without extra fat. 

Kefir is a source of several B vitamins, which are essential for our good health and functioning, it has B12, which is important for your blood and nervous system, and B1, (otherwise is known as thiamine) which is important for helping you withstand stress. Kefir also contains biotin, which is a B vitamin that helps your body use other B vitamins.

Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral is our bodies, and it's also found in kefir in significant quantities. This is good news because phosphorus is needed to help our bodies use carbohydrates and proteins for cell growth and energy. Drink up!

Attached File  KEFIR MILK.jpg   97.35KB   2 downloads

#19 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 10,566 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

When I head out for my morning/afternoon stroll instead of heading past Diana to 18 coins I shall be taking a healthier left turn... B)

Many thanks for the updates Dave.

#20 thaidave

thaidave

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

When I head out for my morning/afternoon stroll instead of heading past Diana to 18 coins I shall be taking a healthier left turn... B)

Many thanks for the updates Dave.

Hope you enjoy what we have to offer, all the best Dave

Deep Breathing

When we breath, we usually use only the upper parts of our lungs (shallow breathing), but if we also use the lower parts of the lungs, we enable oxygen to circulate properly to our tissues. It brings with it nutrients and removes the waste away. Deep breathing also stimulates the lymphatic system which helps the body get rid of toxins and brings a sense of relaxation. If your abdomen moves, then you deep breathing, but if only the area below your rib cage is moving, then you are shallow breathing. Try to adopt deep breathing in normal life and try to change your breathing habits for the better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users