thaidave

Eat healthy in Pattaya

Rate this topic

I use only coconut oil or Olive oil both extra Virgin of course when cooking at home, it is not only healthier but enhances the taste and knowing either are beneficial makes it worth while, also drinking coconut water here in LOS is very easy and cheap and good for the natural electrolytes you loose from sweating, 

attachicon.gifAAAA Small coconut-water-chart-3.jpg

Couldnt agree more. I like to eat the fresh coconuts on the beach as well when Im in LOS.

I have heard about what you are saying, even from American heart surgeons and decided several months ago not to take my Lipitor medication. Later my very good Doctor told me that he was aware of the opposite claims and advised me against it. I have been for 2nd and third medical opinions.  Now I am back on the Lipitor after they all said that there is far far more Data supporting the current medical thoughts on the subject. I know my Doctor is very good as he saved my Dad's life in March when he had food poisoning ... another Doctor he was seeing about it fucked up BIG time.  Anyway the banter was interesting.   Cheers.

I sometimes feel the more and I start to learn on a certain subject the more I realise I know fuck all haha and I sometimes I get the feeling its the same with the doctors lol

I believe many of us are unaware how important diet is, I am not talking, diet, only losing weight, I mean you are what you eat, my wife and Daughter here in LOS have had a cold recently and not me and we normally all have it together catching it of each other, actually right now in Pattaya is as cold as I have known it in 9 yrs and my feet are bloody freezing but mainly due to my illness, but I have no signs of a cold, maybe a coincidence, maybe I will get one soon, maybe because of all the good food I have been eating / drinking.

Last night I went to the farmers market and bought a whole load of veg, cant go wrong with all 100% natural, mainly greens, all sorts, some bunches I had no idea what they were but looked lush and fresh, got home, all washed and all in the soup pot, always lots of Garlic, onion, ginger, Turmeric, sweet potato, black pepper, cooked then through the blender, taste test, mmmmmm very nice, made over 2 gallons, on the menu at the cafe again, made 3 lots a few days back all gone.

Every morning I squeeze 2 limes  into a cup, hot water cinnamon, sometimes a few small slices of Ginger, coconut palm sugar, great for the skin apparently, good all round drink first in the AM.

I sometimes feel the more and I start to learn on a certain subject the more I realise I know fuck all haha and I sometimes I get the feeling its the same with the doctors lol

In hindsight, I have meet more bad doctors than good ones that's for sure. Too many here want you out in 5 minutes and do not want to take the time with you. I do believe I have finally found a very good one.

I heard a month ago in Finland I believe they want people to change from High Carbs, Low protein, No fat  ...  to High Protein, Low fat and No Carbs. 

Take advantage of the Papaya season now here in Thailand, very tasty fruit and cheap.

7840_10153168140685274_799252567_n.jpg

some info here https://www.facebook.com/notes/michael-bautista-ventura/amino-acids-information-health-benefits-using-amino-acid-supplements-side-effect/212264808817329

Goes down well with Sausage , Egg and Chips , lol

Goes down well with Sausage , Egg and Chips , lol

Yes old habits die hard, LOL

Edited by thaidave

Coconut oil is amazing and people lose their shit when I tell them I've lost 70 lbs eating mostly healthy fats through oils along with meat with broccoli. Everything in moderation, I have been on and off a ketogenic diet while trying to workout and still haven't "gained it all back" like people were telling me I would. Father is diabetic now and I can't seem to get him on it. Can't wait to try your health options and the good old regular breakfast as it has been 2 months since I've had some carbs.

Coconut oil is amazing and people lose their shit when I tell them I've lost 70 lbs eating mostly healthy fats through oils along with meat with broccoli. Everything in moderation, I have been on and off a ketogenic diet while trying to workout and still haven't "gained it all back" like people were telling me I would. Father is diabetic now and I can't seem to get him on it. Can't wait to try your health options and the good old regular breakfast as it has been 2 months since I've had some carbs.

Great stuff, Yes I have read a lot about the good benefits of Coconut oil, I use it often as well as OLive oil if I fry anything.

It is so easy now with Google, there is nothing you cannot find out about your life and well being.

Enjoying this thread Dave, thank you for the regular updates.

Does alcohol (even in moderation) play any part in your life?

Enjoying this thread Dave, thank you for the regular updates.

Does alcohol (even in moderation) play any part in your life?

Glad you enjoy the items etc, I started drinking only beer when I moved to Thailand 9 yrs ago and steadily got quite good at it, I realised once this illness set in it was part of the reason I was feeling so awful so am weened off it now, I do have a glass of wine now and again but my nights of 15/20 San mig lights are over.

I have tried the moderation thing with San mig but the whole night out and social thing make it difficult and the last 2 nights I went out only drank maybe 10 but felt crap all next day.

With my mostly natural foods now and no beer I do feel much better. 

All Juice lovers

The juices this week that come with the Healthy breakfast is Orange and Passion fruit, and grape, blueberry and cranberry.fruit juice.jpg

Have you tried our thick creamy Lovely juice, Kefir probiotic, help eliminate all those nasty bacteria in you gut and boost you immune system.

Kefir ad small.jpg

Also the Turmeric, ginger, lime juice tonic, great detox fuel.

Turm ginger small.jpg

we also now offer Natural Yogurt with fruit, includes blueberries, blackberries, Cranberries, ( not the singers) raspberries, strawberries, tangerines, pineapple, to take away, 40baht for a 450ml pot

Yog.jpg

Coming soon, Natural yogurt with flax & sesame seeds, almonds, raisins and grains.

Oh and dont forget we have chinese green tea  

I usually go to Continental Cafe around the corner for my healthy breakfast options but Dave seems to have easily surpassed them in healthy options. I will definitely be checking Canterbury Tales out next trip. Those probiotics really help your gut adapt to a radical diet change especially if you're also ravaging your system with the 'one shot of Zithro' as well.

I'm enjoying your input on this Dave... B)

As I'm sure plenty of the guys are who take notice.

Yes it's all interesting stuff and so much we don't understand re our health and what we eat.

I usually go to Continental Cafe around the corner for my healthy breakfast options but Dave seems to have easily surpassed them in healthy options. I will definitely be checking Canterbury Tales out next trip. Those probiotics really help your gut adapt to a radical diet change especially if you're also ravaging your system with the 'one shot of Zithro' as well.

We are still in the early stages as its all home made and still learning, the Kefir milk drink is very popular, some of the juices too strong for the average guy, most people want sweet which you can do without adding sugar, defeating the object, synthetic sweeteners are out of the question, coconut sugar is ideal but expensive.

The Turmeric tonic is another popular but better as a hot drink, also getting the smoothies right is tricky again rlated to sweetness so have been using honey for that.

The soups are ok too, not what you get from a can but 100% veg & herbs, lots of garlic, turmeric ginger & Moringa (google it)

Coconut oil, better known as cocnut here at Canterbury Tales Cafe is good for you, unfortunately expensive here in Pattaya with a 500ml bottle about 500 baht, I am thinking with such an abundance of coconuts here should be cheaper ?

http://coconutoil.com/research-highlights-high-antioxidant-activity-of-traditionally-made-coconut-oil/

The menu sounds great. If you're saying that one can get a steady supply of unsalted vegetables, yams, sweet potatoes, salads and the like at Cantebury Tales, I would eat there for most of my visit.

Finding food that suits such a diet is often difficult in Pattaya which makes the visits less convenient than they could be. I typically have to stay in a condo or serviced apt and prepare much of my own food.

The menu sounds great. If you're saying that one can get a steady supply of unsalted vegetables, yams, sweet potatoes, salads and the like at Cantebury Tales, I would eat there for most of my visit.

Finding food that suits such a diet is often difficult in Pattaya which makes the visits less convenient than they could be. I typically have to stay in a condo or serviced apt and prepare much of my own food.

Well not totally, we do soups with all good veg, not salads, never had much call for them, we have a few things on the menu to suit health conscious guys all be it a few in Pattaya and still trying stuff out, the problem with fresh stuff is shelf life and have to be careful keep throwing things away, not good business.

Have a look when your here and see what you think

Cheers Dave