81 replies to this topic

#21 Lucius

Lucius

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Must be a market for it, there's not really anyone doing it yet. Someone should open a ladyboy juice bar as well! :) If only they'd serve real orange juice in the bars instead of that orange sugar water..

Thai food isn't bad, but the usual Pattaya restaurant fare, combined with the beer or sodas in my case, really get to you after a while. 

Got a room with a kitchen and fruit and veggies in the fridge, but I'll stop by and see what's on offer one of these days.

#22 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:A Man long ago asked me? although I was young I told him......

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

That was one reason we decided to do it, I wanted to start eating better myself so started studying it then realised it maybe worth offering to those health conscious out there.

Attached File  chocolate.jpg   127.52KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Goji-Berries sale.jpg   127.8KB   1 downloads

#23 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

first thing in the morning I put a spoon of coconout oil in my black coffee great way to start the day and it tastes great aswell.

Many health organizations advise against the consumption of high amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat and Lauric acid.

Edited by LWFM, 16 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#24 blubb

blubb

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Great initiative Dave!

Since you seem to have jumped on to the 'super food' band wagon, isn't cacao the biggest fraud in healthy foods?

It would have been nice if chocolate was healthy tough.

http://www.holistich...really-healthy/

http://stirringchang...ype-vs-science/

What kind of cinnamon are you using?

http://www.med-healt...mon-Powder.html

#25 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Many health organizations advise against the consumption of high amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat and Lauric acid.

Not sure who has suggested drinking high amounts of coconut oils, please let me know the health organisations who advise against it, I would like to read their reports as I am still in the study stages of the whole thing I have read a lot and not come across anywhere that says do not drink high amounts, not that I intend to.

#26 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

Great initiative Dave!

Since you seem to have jumped on to the 'super food' band wagon, isn't cacao the biggest fraud in healthy foods?

I read reports like these and yes there are conflicting reports and it made me chuckle when the person in the cacao report says the cacao growers are saying its great and eat as much as you like because they are greedy and making huge profits from it, what have coca cola, mac,d's, etc etc been bombarding us with for yrs and yrs.

they make things taste great, why we love them so much, why we are so unhealthy and now they say a natural food is the same.

I read reports and who knows what is true, I read many bad things about whole foods, foods that help cure this and that and the medical profession and pharmaceutical company's often rubbish them, of course they will they stand to loose so much from us knowing too much.

The reports mention although Cacao has some benefits high amounts are not so good same as high amounts of coconut oil, I have not mentioned high amounts so I guess in moderation is the key, same as drinking wine, as for the cinnamon, who knows where it comes from even if it is printed on the label but again talks about large amounts so I think its up to you to decide whether to stick with coke, Mac'd's and all the other stuff they call food.

I see many guys who eat pretty much all processed food, even those who come to Pattaya and will not eat Thai food because they dont know whats in it, they mean it has not come out of a packet or tin, the same guys often smoke and drink huge amounts of beer, do any bars warn against drinking excessive amounts of beer because they are concerned with your health.  

#27 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

Not sure who has suggested drinking high amounts of coconut oils, please let me know the health organisations who advise against it, I would like to read their reports as I am still in the study stages of the whole thing I have read a lot and not come across anywhere that says do not drink high amounts, not that I intend to.

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Coconut_oil

Look forward to sampling your health foods next year.

Edited by LWFM, 17 December 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#28 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Coconut_oil

Look forward to sampling your health foods next year.

They dont advise against it the report the pro's and cons, there are also differences between coconut oil for cooking and extra virgin and the main point suggests not to take high amounts.

#29 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

They dont advise against it the report the pro's and cons, there are also differences between coconut oil for cooking and extra virgin and the main point suggests not to take high amounts.

Under.........

Health

Many health organizations advise against the consumption of high amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat, including the United States Food and Drug Administration,[2]World Health Organization,[3] International College of Nutrition,[4] the United States Department of Health and Human Services,[5]American Dietetic Association,[6]American Heart Association,[7] British National Health Service,[8] and Dietitians of Canada.[9]

Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid—a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.

#30 tillerman9

tillerman9

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

Under.........

Health

Many health organizations advise against the consumption of high amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat, including the United States Food and Drug Administration,[2]World Health Organization,[3] International College of Nutrition,[4] the United States Department of Health and Human Services,[5]American Dietetic Association,[6]American Heart Association,[7] British National Health Service,[8] and Dietitians of Canada.[9]

Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid—a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.

Most official health organisations recommend against it, but new wave "health practitioners" such as Joseph Mercola advocate it.

Which isn't surprising, given he has a direct vested invest in doing so.

Both sides can produce conflicting reports and studies, which is the case for ... pretty much everything so far in health and nutrition.

Unfortunately there's no real clear answer, but I'm a definite skeptic about the alternative views as they are generally presented by people marketing their own products or their industry. Then again, some people claim the health organisations have been corrupted by lobbyists too but I'm not buying that just yet.

#31 tillerman9

tillerman9

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

Great initiative Dave!

Biggest fraud?

What about acai berries? :)

Or did you get ripped in just 2 weeks without diet and exercise too?

#32 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

Most official health organisations recommend against it, but new wave "health practitioners" such as Joseph Mercola advocate it.

Which isn't surprising, given he has a direct vested invest in doing so.

Both sides can produce conflicting reports and studies, which is the case for ... pretty much everything so far in health and nutrition.

Unfortunately there's no real clear answer, but I'm a definite skeptic about the alternative views as they are generally presented by people marketing their own products or their industry. Then again, some people claim the health organisations have been corrupted by lobbyists too but I'm not buying that just yet.

I agree with you  .... I am open minded but my Doctor has the final say. Everything in moderation is key  :)

#33 tillerman9

tillerman9

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

I agree with you  .... I am open minded but my Doctor has the final say. Everything in moderation is key  :)

The only problem with that is your doctor may, in fact, be wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'll believe a medical professional with years of training over pseudoscientific babble about "superfoods" but the reality is even doctors don't have a solid understanding of what is right and wrong in this area.

Many different doctors have conflicting opinions, and this is typically exploited by both sides selectively cherry picking only medical professionals that agree with their chosen perspective as sources in their "research".

Until I see any actual solid, incontrovertible evidence I'm sticking with the status quo myself. 

• thaidave and Chicarito1974 like this

#34 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I would agree somewhat with the Dr point but not necessarily here in LOS, the neurologist had to Google what I have as he had never heard of it so take it as you will, with modern internet you can read between the lines and often I cant agree that that natural foods are bad for you, ok you still have to know a bit about what your eating and moderation is key as been said before but I am convinced changing to mostly natural foods and drinks over fast & processed foods has to be the way to improve health.

I guess its down to the individual and what you believe to be true.

#35 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

This topic can go on and on about whats good and whats not so, its not rocket science to know the health is in natural foods and drinks, sure the medical profession should be considered, after all after so many years and so many Billions of $$$$$$ of trying to find a cure for cancer they seem no closer and yet we are eating more and more fast processed food.

Drs are trained to treat conditions but not so much emphasis on prevention after all if we were not sick they would be out of business as for the pharmaceutical companies as mentioned before.

The debate goes on but I know the way I intend to go as for the last 3 months I have changed my diet and feel the effects and am sure in the long term will benefit my condition.

• Chicarito1974 likes this

#36 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

http://www.organicli...ower-of-ginger/

#37 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

How about some Fungi

http://www.organicli...-your-immunity/

#38 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Dont over do it

http://healingthebod...etox-correctly/

#39 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

have u got new menus Dave? and is there info posted on them about what ur selling I cant take in all this info on here... Regards Garry

#40 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Broccoli. well I never

http://healthimpactn...ts-of-broccoli/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users