• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:A Man long ago asked me? although I was young I told him......

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

have u got new menus Dave? and is there info posted on them about what ur selling I cant take in all this info on here... Regards Garry

Yes we have whats on offer in the menu now, a few teething troubles but am keeping up with it, have the healthy breakfast with Kefir milk and yogurt, also Kefir mile bottles to take away, we have juices like kale, broccoli, and mixes of them with fruit juices, also soups with Carrot, onion, garlic, Turmeric, ginger, Cinnamon, coconut milk, also with seaweed.

more to come.

#42 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,172 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thxs Dave see ya in the New Year will give some of that a try....with thxs............Garry

#43 skin2fan

skin2fan

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  • Interests:Very tall LB's.
    Whoppers
    Heels
    Double-ended
    w/s
    Dastardly deeds

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

I can thoroughly recommend the soups.

You can also get side dishes of beef lard and double cream.

• thaidave likes this

#44 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can thoroughly recommend the soups.

You can also get side dishes of beef lard and double cream.

I'll dip your nose in it you Munke

#45 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Interests:Football, Travel, and living life to the fullest.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Td - will come visit your establishment one day when in town in January. Anything good to suggest for a hangover when I arrive? :)
  • Chicarito1974 likes this

#46 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Many health organizations advise against the consumption of high amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat and Lauric acid.

Hello WWFM I dont petend to be an expert in this area. I have only really being taking it seriously for the last year but I have done a lot of reading and met and spoke to poeple in the fitness and nutrition industry. My understanding from the info I have garnered and Im not stating this as a fact but as an opinion is that Coconut Oil is a very good source of fats which the body does need contrary to what we are led to believe.. Cococnut oil as you have suggested been slated in the past because it contains saturated fats. However new data suggests that saturated fats are harmless and the whole artery clogging idea is a myth.  Now hydrogenated oils and trans fats are especially unhealthy because both raise ldl or lethal cholesterol while lowering our healthy cholesterol which happens with nearly all the processed cooking oils you buy in your local supermarket hence coconut oil getting a bad rap. Coconut oil in its purest form which is the one i consume is not hydrogenated and contains no trans fats.

Coconut oil doesent contain your average run of the mill saturated fats but it contains medium chain triglycerides which are metabolised differently than  the normal long chain fatty acids found in most other fats people consume on  a daily basis. Medium Chain fatty acids gop straight to the liver from the digestive tract where are they used as a quick source energy or turned into so called ketone bodies which supposely according to the latest research can have a therapeutic effects on brain disorders like epilesy and alzheimers.

I do have experience though of coconut oil in increasing your energy expedniture ie increasing your meatabolic rate and burning more fat and helped in improving my body composition in the last 12 months. Remember many of the health organisations that demonise coconut oil (and high protein diet) is another example are the same organisations that in the 50s found a link between heath disease and fat consumption so they decided that people should radically change their diets which up until this time was a relatively high fat high protein low carbohydrate diet and switch to a low fat high carbohydrate diet that most people in developed countries consume today. The result an obeisity epdimic in the western world that is out of control. The perception is that all fat is bad for you thats simply not the case. Their are healthy good fats and it so happens that cocnut oil is probably the best one of all.  I hope I dont come accross as a preacher or that I know it all and if I do I apologise mate. Its only an opinion and only carries the same weight as anyone elses opinion and that includes your opinion. I have no qualifications in this area what so ever.

• thaidave likes this

#47 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hello WWFM I dont petend to be an expert in this area. I have only really being taking it seriously for the last year but I have done a lot of reading and met and spoke to poeple in the fitness and nutrition industry. My understanding from the info I have garnered and Im not stating this as a fact but as an opinion is that Coconut Oil is a very good source of fats which the body does need contrary to what we are led to believe.. Cococnut oil as you have suggested been slated in the past because it contains saturated fats. However new data suggests that saturated fats are harmless and the whole artery clogging idea is a myth.  Now hydrogenated oils and trans fats are especially unhealthy because both raise ldl or lethal cholesterol while lowering our healthy cholesterol which happens with nearly all the processed cooking oils you buy in your local supermarket hence coconut oil getting a bad rap. Coconut oil in its purest form which is the one i consume is not hydrogenated and contains no trans fats.

Coconut oil doesent contain your average run of the mill saturated fats but it contains medium chain triglycerides which are metabolised differently than  the normal long chain fatty acids found in most other fats people consume on  a daily basis. Medium Chain fatty acids gop straight to the liver from the digestive tract where are they used as a quick source energy or turned into so called ketone bodies which supposely according to the latest research can have a therapeutic effects on brain disorders like epilesy and alzheimers.

I do have experience though of coconut oil in increasing your energy expedniture ie increasing your meatabolic rate and burning more fat and helped in improving my body composition in the last 12 months. Remember many of the health organisations that demonise coconut oil (and high protein diet) is another example are the same organisations that in the 50s found a link between heath disease and fat consumption so they decided that people should radically change their diets which up until this time was a relatively high fat high protein low carbohydrate diet and switch to a low fat high carbohydrate diet that most people in developed countries consume today. The result an obeisity epdimic in the western world that is out of control. The perception is that all fat is bad for you thats simply not the case. Their are healthy good fats and it so happens that cocnut oil is probably the best one of all.  I hope I dont come accross as a preacher or that I know it all and if I do I apologise mate. Its only an opinion and only carries the same weight as anyone elses opinion and that includes your opinion. I have no qualifications in this area what so ever.

And the least I could do LWFM is spell your bm name ocrrectly correctly. Sorry mate as you can see from the article above spelling or typing is not my strong point.

#48 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

I use only coconut oil or Olive oil both extra Virgin of course when cooking at home, it is not only healthier but enhances the taste and knowing either are beneficial makes it worth while, also drinking coconut water here in LOS is very easy and cheap and good for the natural electrolytes you loose from sweating, 

Attached File  AAAA Small coconut-water-chart-3.jpg   127.06KB   2 downloads

#49 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

More here

http://coconutoil.co...ent-absorption/

#50 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

And the least I could do LWFM is spell your bm name ocrrectly correctly. Sorry mate as you can see from the article above spelling or typing is not my strong point.

I have heard about what you are saying, even from American heart surgeons and decided several months ago not to take my Lipitor medication. Later my very good Doctor told me that he was aware of the opposite claims and advised me against it. I have been for 2nd and third medical opinions.  Now I am back on the Lipitor after they all said that there is far far more Data supporting the current medical thoughts on the subject. I know my Doctor is very good as he saved my Dad's life in March when he had food poisoning ... another Doctor he was seeing about it fucked up BIG time.  Anyway the banter was interesting.   Cheers.

#51 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

I use only coconut oil or Olive oil both extra Virgin of course when cooking at home, it is not only healthier but enhances the taste and knowing either are beneficial makes it worth while, also drinking coconut water here in LOS is very easy and cheap and good for the natural electrolytes you loose from sweating, 

attachicon.gifAAAA Small coconut-water-chart-3.jpg

Couldnt agree more. I like to eat the fresh coconuts on the beach as well when Im in LOS.

#52 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

I have heard about what you are saying, even from American heart surgeons and decided several months ago not to take my Lipitor medication. Later my very good Doctor told me that he was aware of the opposite claims and advised me against it. I have been for 2nd and third medical opinions.  Now I am back on the Lipitor after they all said that there is far far more Data supporting the current medical thoughts on the subject. I know my Doctor is very good as he saved my Dad's life in March when he had food poisoning ... another Doctor he was seeing about it fucked up BIG time.  Anyway the banter was interesting.   Cheers.

I sometimes feel the more and I start to learn on a certain subject the more I realise I know fuck all haha and I sometimes I get the feeling its the same with the doctors lol

#53 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

I believe many of us are unaware how important diet is, I am not talking, diet, only losing weight, I mean you are what you eat, my wife and Daughter here in LOS have had a cold recently and not me and we normally all have it together catching it of each other, actually right now in Pattaya is as cold as I have known it in 9 yrs and my feet are bloody freezing but mainly due to my illness, but I have no signs of a cold, maybe a coincidence, maybe I will get one soon, maybe because of all the good food I have been eating / drinking.

Last night I went to the farmers market and bought a whole load of veg, cant go wrong with all 100% natural, mainly greens, all sorts, some bunches I had no idea what they were but looked lush and fresh, got home, all washed and all in the soup pot, always lots of Garlic, onion, ginger, Turmeric, sweet potato, black pepper, cooked then through the blender, taste test, mmmmmm very nice, made over 2 gallons, on the menu at the cafe again, made 3 lots a few days back all gone.

Every morning I squeeze 2 limes  into a cup, hot water cinnamon, sometimes a few small slices of Ginger, coconut palm sugar, great for the skin apparently, good all round drink first in the AM.

#54 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

I sometimes feel the more and I start to learn on a certain subject the more I realise I know fuck all haha and I sometimes I get the feeling its the same with the doctors lol

In hindsight, I have meet more bad doctors than good ones that's for sure. Too many here want you out in 5 minutes and do not want to take the time with you. I do believe I have finally found a very good one.

I heard a month ago in Finland I believe they want people to change from High Carbs, Low protein, No fat  ...  to High Protein, Low fat and No Carbs. 

#55 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

Take advantage of the Papaya season now here in Thailand, very tasty fruit and cheap.

Attached File  7840_10153168140685274_799252567_n.jpg   128.13KB   6 downloads

some info here https://www.facebook...212264808817329

#56 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Take advantage of the Papaya season now here in Thailand, very tasty fruit and cheap.
attachicon.gif7840_10153168140685274_799252567_n.jpg

some info here https://www.facebook...212264808817329

Goes down well with Sausage , Egg and Chips , lol
  • thaidave and Botafogo like this

#57 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Goes down well with Sausage , Egg and Chips , lol

Yes old habits die hard, LOL

Edited by thaidave, 16 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#58 Mistakesweremade

Mistakesweremade

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:They say the devil's water ain't so sweet
    You don't have to drink right now
    But you can dip your feet
    Every once in a little while

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

Coconut oil is amazing and people lose their shit when I tell them I've lost 70 lbs eating mostly healthy fats through oils along with meat with broccoli. Everything in moderation, I have been on and off a ketogenic diet while trying to workout and still haven't "gained it all back" like people were telling me I would. Father is diabetic now and I can't seem to get him on it. Can't wait to try your health options and the good old regular breakfast as it has been 2 months since I've had some carbs.

• thaidave and Chicarito1974 like this

#59 thaidave

thaidave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Coconut oil is amazing and people lose their shit when I tell them I've lost 70 lbs eating mostly healthy fats through oils along with meat with broccoli. Everything in moderation, I have been on and off a ketogenic diet while trying to workout and still haven't "gained it all back" like people were telling me I would. Father is diabetic now and I can't seem to get him on it. Can't wait to try your health options and the good old regular breakfast as it has been 2 months since I've had some carbs.

Great stuff, Yes I have read a lot about the good benefits of Coconut oil, I use it often as well as OLive oil if I fry anything.

It is so easy now with Google, there is nothing you cannot find out about your life and well being.

#60 Botafogo

Botafogo

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Interests:Latin American Dancing, Travelling,Touring German FKK Clubs, Hanging around various European Racecourses while Drinking Beer.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

Enjoying this thread Dave, thank you for the regular updates.

Does alcohol (even in moderation) play any part in your life?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users