42 replies to this topic

#1 Texas469

Texas469

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Where do I keep my cash and coin? Front pocket in a zipper wallet perhaps? Best answers please.

#2 dirtybull

dirtybull

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

ever watched the movie pappilon, they had a pretty secure way of hiding valuables on their person. :)

#3 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

The only place I've ever had a problem with pick pockets is on Beach Road coming home from Soi 6 late late night...it's happened a few times but I was usually out of cash by then having squandered it on booze and women so they weren't getting anything from me anyway....the thieves were ladyboys btw.

Some posters have reported problems on baht buses with pro thieves...but, I'm pretty vigilant when sober and have never had a problem.

#4 bob2011

bob2011

Ladyboy Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Don't carry credit cards, healthcare card, business cards, union cards etc, you dont need them. Only carry what you will need for the day/night. Worst case scenario, you lose a small amount of cash and you get over it the next day.

I carry enough cash (Thai baht) for the night and a key for my room. If you're riding, take your necessary licence with you too. Safer not to carry a wallet, they are very easy to get out of a pocket. 

Keep your money in a front pocket (if you've got one), the back pocket is real easy to get at. Put a small peice of folded paper in your back pocket, can work as a decoy. I have done it as an experiment sometimes and come home to find my money safe in the front pocket and the paper missing from the back pocket without knowing it!

If you're likely to get drunk, the chances of getting pick-pocketed increase dramatically but I think you already know that!

bob

• Hello Katoey likes this

#5 toosanuk

toosanuk

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Put a small peice of folded paper in your back pocket, can work as a decoy. I have done it as an experiment sometimes and come home to find my money safe in the front pocket and the paper missing from the back pocket without knowing it!

A dog of a LB got me on Second Street one night, and got a brochure of some sort that I'd put in my back pocket. My money was safely in my front pocket, of course. It was great fun wrestling with her over the worthless paper, as she figured she'd hit paydirt. So as Bob says, great to have the decoy.

#6 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 12,723 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

The Baht bus thieves work by covering your pocket with their handbag and rummaging your pocket while everyone is facing forward or busy yakking. 

Most of us follow Bobs guidance and leave it all in the safe; when you come back to the room put all your spare in there to avoid any arguments in the morning as you look in your trousers to pay her and there's fuck-all there... :blink:

I bring a mixture of cash and leave spare in my Debit/CC account for emergencies such as tits etc.  :ph34r:

• Hello Katoey likes this

#7 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

I take no credit cards with me and I spread cash in various pockets of my shorts, all of which are fastened by either zips, studs or buttons. This way if I loose money from one pocket my night is not wasted.

I did get my pocket picked years ago in Bangkok by a ladyboy but felt it go and it was quite easy to catch the ladyboy attempting to run in high heeled shoes. The only time I actually lost money was drunk in a hotel in Bangkok with a freelancer, paid her and dropped my wallet on the floor next to the bed. She bent down and gave me a good bye kiss, picked up the wallet, went to the bathroom and took all of the big notes. A lesson learnt there was I always use the safe now.

• Callum likes this

#8 Hello Katoey

Hello Katoey

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

POPULAR

Keep your money in a front pocket (if you've got one), the back pocket is real easy to get at. Put a small peice of folded paper in your back pocket, can work as a decoy. I have done it as an experiment sometimes and come home to find my money safe in the front pocket and the paper missing from the back pocket without knowing it!

bob

The folded paper is a good idea. Perhaps even monopoly money for an extra laugh. If the thief is daft enough she/he might try and change it for THB at a money changer.

• petesie, bob2011 and Ben4454 like this

#9 kwan

kwan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts
  • Interests:The Ladymen of Jomtien

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

A previous thread on this issue.

http://www.ladyboysp...ted-ever-again/

#10 jeanbleu

jeanbleu

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:LB's

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

3 major rules:

1. don't carry more than what you need.
  2. don't carry more than what you can afford to loose
  3. you have normally 4 pockets in the pant , 2 in front and 2 in the back and sometimes one more pocket in the shirt,,,, well put little money in each pocket

• normally i go out with 7000 baht divided on 4 pockets and i never show more than 2000 in any circumstances 

• LB3048 likes this

#11 singletony

singletony

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

I keep all my small notes that I can use for baht bus and in 7-11 in my pocket. Probably around 200 baht. Rest stays in my wallet which I always keep in aside pocket on my shorts so it's always in contact with bare skin. Take about 5k out with me which usually does the trick otherwise it's a quick taxi bike back to hotel in way to next venue. So far so good touch wood.

#12 kwan

kwan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts
  • Interests:The Ladymen of Jomtien

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:44 PM

Attached Images

• brief-safe.jpg

#13 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Whirled peas

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

some off the wall advice here. put some money in all your pockets? really! put money in your back pockets?

don't let anyone touch you. pretty simple.

if you are carrying a lot of money and some times i do cause i'm out all day and getting multiple girls etc... then just put some in your sock or some in your 5th pocket.

i do carry a very small wallet with a magnetic money clip combination and i like it cause it's just bulky enough to be obvious when i touch my pocket and you can't get in my pocket and pull it out without me knowing it. i can also keep big money in one of the card slots and use the money clip for small money.

too easy

#14 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,251 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

I took a wander up walking street last trip, wandered in Lita's bar ;-). Coming down walking street, you get the crowds, a group of Indians were walking towards me, one tried to Pick Pocket me, I was smoking a ciggy at the time, just brought it down on his hand 5555. He looked at me, I looked at him, then I looked at the tourist police and smiled, carried on moving 5555.  I haven't been to walking street for a couple of years and it was still early (before 23:00 hrs).  Just be mindful up that way probably better off going there with a wingman or wingmen. My proximity to the tourist police saved the day, me thinks.

• stallion79 and Poirot like this

#15 stallion79

stallion79

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

I used a money belt I bought for 20 bucks on Amazon. Kept about 5k baht in there with small bills in my pockets. Worked very well.

#16 jeje

jeje

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

I have less then 1000 baht in my side pocket and the rest in 1000 baht notes inside my sock or even under my sock b/w the sock and shoe and take out the money for barfines, large drink bill ect in the toilet away from prying eyes.  I don't drink as much as I used too so would like to think I am on the ball so to speak regarding thieves  .  but my number 1 rule is only take out enough money that you can afford to lose, and I am still staggered by the people who report losses of large amounts of money, expensive jewellery and I phones stolen by pickpockets on Beach Road and surrounds nearly always late at night.   Most thefts committed against me are usually when I am in the shower so the double take is a good move to learn before indoor aerobics.   Also I usually get older lbs that I have a history with and this seems to generally work for me to stop potential stealing.

• LB3048 and aussiemale like this

#17 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Whirled peas

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

be vigilant

plan ahead

don't be foolish

watch your surroundings

keep you personal space personal

let strangers be strangers until they buy the second pint. that would solve a lot of shit right there. quick scammers don't buy YOU drinks for the most part.

don't trust anyone

be accountable to you and for your things and your well being. expect others to be accountable for their, lost this and that, missed flight, overstayed visa....you name it. NOT my problem and not my emergency. I had a fucker last trip thought we were bro's and wanted me to change usd to baht for him at 8am so he could go to the dentist. he'd been drinking all day before and forgot to do it even though i told him exactly what to do the day before. fuck off was my answer find a bank. your problems are your own. i'm on vacation.

keep it simple

if someone you don't know offers you help when you don't need it then, clearly, it's a fucking scam of some kind and quickly move on

if you know you don't have street smarts then research it on the internet and hope for the best.

know at least one self defense move and practice it in the mirror a few times a day. then learn another. then combine them for a combination. then practice the combination in the mirror followed by running away to a crowded place and screaming for help.

watch a krav magra video on youtube

if you aint got a plan you can't execute a plan.

thailand is a fairly dangerous place for suckers of all sorts and if you do even a minimal amount of research you will find that western tourists are preyed upon for their money and the locals like to rape the women from time to time then kill them and i think there is a fairly lively murder for hire scene in Thailand as well.

don't get a hotel with a balcony that's for fucking sure!

#18 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

I took a wander up walking street last trip, wandered in Lita's bar ;-). Coming down walking street, you get the crowds, a group of Indians were walking towards me, one tried to Pick Pocket me, I was smoking a ciggy at the time, just brought it down on his hand 5555. He looked at me, I looked at him, then I looked at the tourist police and smiled, carried on moving 5555.  I haven't been to walking street for a couple of years and it was still early (before 23:00 hrs).  Just be mindful up that way probably better off going there with a wingman or wingmen. My proximity to the tourist police saved the day, me thinks.

if i caught a smelly indian tourist try and pick pocket me id drop the bastard there and then im not one for causing trouble but thats taking the piss. Obviously if it was a thai i would just walk away.

#19 aussiemale

aussiemale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

I have less then 1000 baht in my side pocket and the rest in 1000 baht notes inside my sock or even under my sock b/w the sock and shoe and take out the money for barfines, large drink bill ect in the toilet away from prying eyes.  I don't drink as much as I used too so would like to think I am on the ball so to speak regarding thieves  .  but my number 1 rule is only take out enough money that you can afford to lose, and I am still staggered by the people who report losses of large amounts of money, expensive jewellery and I phones stolen by pickpockets on Beach Road and surrounds nearly always late at night.   Most thefts committed against me are usually when I am in the shower so the double take is a good move to learn before indoor aerobics.   Also I usually get older lbs that I have a history with and this seems to generally work for me to stop potential stealing.

yes the old money down the sock trick chief...old but proven way to kep the mulah safe.

#20 onebraveaussie

onebraveaussie

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:38 AM

i bring back 15000 baht small money  to oz every trip

use for next trip

usually arrive 8.30pm thai time

good immigration

wait for fucking bag on carousel