92 replies to this topic

#1 lurker111

lurker111

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

POPULAR

Cannot find it anywhere in pattaya, the only thing that works for a sleep during a long haul flight.

I used to get it at the foodland on pattaya klang near the  suhkumvit end, but they do not sell it any more.

Does any body know where you can still purchase it?

• nohnigeGoxyms88, nohnigeGoxykn83, nohnigeGoxyqp85 and 2 others like this

#2 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

Xanax has become illegal in Thailand now because it was used as a rape drug. You can probably still get it if you go to a clinic and ask a doctor for them.
I still think Valium is legal and they are almost as good just down a couple extra.

#3 Solice

Solice

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • Interests:WWW.sensationsbar.blogspot.co.uk/

Youtube.com - scotts thailand

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Clinic next to pooks on soi buakhaow.
  • bennynjoylbs likes this

#4 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

You want diazepam(valium) mate not sure wether pescription in Thailand but 10mg and you will be out like a light be careful though it's very addictive

#5 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

In Bkk the stalls along Sukumvit selling kamagra also stock Valium and Xanax.
  • hughjass85 likes this

#6 lurker111

lurker111

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Thanks solice, will try that one

#7 grandy

grandy

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

Xanax is not a date rape drug and it is not illegal. I guess if you could get someone to ram down 20 of them it might do something, but it is not in the class like Rohypnol and not a hypnotic.

Neith Xanax nor Valium are sleeping medications.

Both are controlled substances in Thailand and good for time in the clink if caught. Not quite meth but not legal without a prescription. All you need is a Thai cop making a point. Or seeking a bribe.

People who think they can sleep on Xanax are benefiting from the placebo effect, though it is not particularly dangerous. It is not a hypnotic (the term for a sleeping medication)

Xanax is prescribed for anxiety, so is Ativan, and so is Valium. They differ mostly by the duration of action, Valium being very long, Xanax very short lasting. For anxiety. Panic attack, that sort of disorder.

These pills do not cost much from an actual pharmacy where you live, so why not ask your family doctor for a few Triazolam (Halcion) which actually is specific for helping you sleep?

1/4 mg will put you out to combat jet lag, it is very short duration which is what you want, and you wake up naturally without a benzo hangover. Are people afraid to ask a GP for something as routine as this? Mine will give me 20 at a time though I only use 2 per trip.

#8 superdot

superdot

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

People who think they can sleep on Xanax are benefiting from the placebo effect

Not quite true.  Xanax is anti-anxiety, so if it's the anxiety keeping you awake surely 1 mg Xanax will help you dose off.

#9 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

Xanax is not a date rape drug and it is not illegal. I guess if you could get someone to ram down 20 of them it might do something, but it is not in the class like Rohypnol and not a hypnotic.

Both are controlled substances in Thailand and good for time in the clink if caught. Not quite meth but not legal without a prescription. All you need is a Thai cop making a point. Or seeking a bribe.

People who think they can sleep on Xanax are benefiting from the placebo effect, though it is not particularly dangerous. It is not a hypnotic (the term for a sleeping medication)

Xanax is prescribed for anxiety, so is Ativan, and so is Valium. They differ mostly by the duration of action, Valium being very long, Xanax very short lasting. For anxiety. Panic attack, that sort of disorder.

These pills do not cost much from an actual pharmacy where you live, so why not ask your family doctor for a few Triazolam (Halcion) which actually is specific for helping you sleep?

1/4 mg will put you out to combat jet lag, it is very short duration which is what you want, and you wake up naturally without a benzo hangover. Are people afraid to ask a GP for something as routine as this? Mine will give me 20 at a time though I only use 2 per trip.

Yes valium is an anti anxiety drug but is often pescribed for insomnia in very small amounts (to help you get into a sleeping pattern) but only in small amounts/doses because it's addictive and it will sure as he'll put you to sleep it is a sedative after all

#10 Lucius

Lucius

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Most common side effect of Xanax is sleepiness.. I take a few when I fly and they knock me out.. Got them prescribed for anxiety once, ever since I mainly use them as sleeping pills from time to time. Not very practical for anxiety as they make me feel to tired and drowsy to function normally.

Available in most pharmacies in Thailand, it's just that the ones that follow the rules will want to see a prescription. I have one, so I wouldn't know which pharmacies turn a blind eye, but I'm sure there's a few in Pattaya that do..

Always better to have your paperwork in order though, (oficial) penalties are quite severe.

Edited by Lucius, 14 March 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#11 Devman

Devman

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "sleeping medication" but Xanax (Alprazolam) is certainly prescribed for insomnia and certainly works (and is NOT simply a placebo affect). A simple Google search will establish that for you.

That said, I certainly would not recommend anyone take Xanax on a regular basis. It can be problematic to come off.

#12 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • Interests:Selectively Censored

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Whether Xanax or Valium are classfied as sleeping pills or not doesn't really matter to me. I've used both to sleep and they both worked for me. That's allI need to know.

#13 oldlover

oldlover

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys.
    ladyboy cocks.
    big ladyboy cocks.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

I am taking a valium right now so that I a can get a good nights sleep as I will be wide awake for the motor racing and football tomorrow, soi 6 can wait another day or two.
Mrs Oldlover is taking one also, so that she does not have to look at me while I am sleeping like a baby, with out my teef in.

We have been taking valium for about 4 years now, but we only have one every three or four days, so no problem.

#14 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

I was under the impression that drugs like Xanax are classified based more on the potential market (which market sells more)

rather than the actual function of the drug.

#15 bkkldby

bkkldby

Ladyboy Lapdog

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,878 posts
  • Location:N Y C / B K K - Is there anywhere else to live? 13.741376,100.553086
  • Interests:food, film, music, conversation ... over-analyzing the minutiae of everything Ladyboy/TH ... The Gospels According to Nana.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

in regard to pharmaceuticals sold on the streets of TH, versus the ones you get in a proper pharmacy. it is my understanding that many of the ones on the street may not always be genuine or good generic substitutes (knock-offs), and the ones sold in pharmacies (under the counter) are the real deal, but have been brought in on the sly to avoid customs/duty (which is a very TH thing).

this has been explained to me by a Thai friend who is a pharmacist and owns 5 pharmacies in Phuket. she contends that while some of the street merchandise may be the real deal, it is most often inferior copies.

i believe she has no reason to con/BS me for profit.

she contends that while some of the street merchandise may be the real deal, it is most often inferior copies similar to luggage, perfume, watches, etc..

Edited by bkkldby, 16 March 2014 - 08:44 AM.

• hughjass85 likes this

#16 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

there is a small chemist about 30yards up from Pookswan not been open long heading towards Fantasy Bar that sells valium and Xanax was charged 900baht for a strip of 10 of each, and one Kamagra Gel 55555 bit steep but had run out for my flight home and will keep the rest for next few trips.... Regards Garry

#17 Lucius

Lucius

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Do be carefull and realize potential penalties are stiff.

http://www.siam-lega...in-thailand.php

#18 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 10,003 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

WoW!  :blink:

That's enough to give you sleepless nights.  :ph34r:

I'll get me coat.

#19 oldlover

oldlover

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys.
    ladyboy cocks.
    big ladyboy cocks.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

:)

WoW!  :blink:

That's enough to give you sleepless nights.  :ph34r:

I'll get me coat. :)

You must have a lot of coats Petesie.

#20 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Clinic next to pooks on soi buakhaow.

I got a strip of 10 when I was in town the other week from this chemist cost was 400bht but I've taken a couple now and they don't really put me to sleep could they be fakes do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users