• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Interests:Football, Travel, and living life to the fullest.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

These cunts can now even walk past you and skim your card ... 100% true.:( Carry T/C. :)

LW- there is a small pocket sized carrier that fits about 3-4 cards that will protect your cards while preventing the electronic signature from being read. Costs about $50. at that point, just need two card, ID, and a money clip.

Resume party....

#22 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Whirled peas

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

This can take on some pretty ingenious forms. Especially now with more flotsam and jetsam from around the world converging on LOS. they actually build little enclosures to hold bluetooth cameras and mount them on the top/sides of the machine. if something looks extraneous test it. always cover your key pad. I wear a hat a lot and just hold it over the key pad. go out of the way to be discreet. ask people to move away if they are too close. the dumber they act about it the more sure you can be they are trying to get into your shit.

#23 farang

farang

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

lot of the troubles could be avoided if people planned a Little better :)

plan when you need Money...and make sure to make your withdrawels in the daytimes....and only at the ATM`s thats INSIDE the bank ie the lobby... B)

its better to have a reserve in your safety box or suitcase (lets say 10-15k) and use them in the evning if needed...then fill it up Again NeXT day in the daytime as described above B)

• shemalelover likes this

#24 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

This can take on some pretty ingenious forms. Especially now with more flotsam and jetsam from around the world converging on LOS. they actually build little enclosures to hold bluetooth cameras and mount them on the top/sides of the machine. if something looks extraneous test it. always cover your key pad. I wear a hat a lot and just hold it over the key pad. go out of the way to be discreet. ask people to move away if they are too close. the dumber they act about it the more sure you can be they are trying to get into your shit.

People must forget their cards at ATMs a hell of alot for them to go to them extremes to see a PIN number

#25 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Whirled peas

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

gympy 01

they watch you go up and use the card and the camera catches the pin number. it's bluetooth so they know they got good visuals instantly. then they follow you and have someone use a card reader when you go to pay. yes it's complicated. that's why it is hard to do. they never have to get the actual card. 

get educated cause this kind of thinking makes you a perfect target.

there is an article today in pattayaone.com about 3 russian guys doing just this.

b

#26 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

gympy 01

they watch you go up and use the card and the camera catches the pin number. it's bluetooth so they know they got good visuals instantly. then they follow you and have someone use a card reader when you go to pay. yes it's complicated. that's why it is hard to do. they never have to get the actual card. 

get educated cause this kind of thinking makes you a perfect target.

there is an article today in pattayaone.com about 3 russian guys doing just this.

b

Oh so the card reader just takes the information off your card that's in your pocket while your stood still paying at the shop counter? To be honest it was my first trip so was a bit naive but your right I need to educate myself and now at least I'm educated in that department.
The cheeky little Russian cunts doing it aswel need a good filling in them little fuckers do

#27 Vasilli

Vasilli

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys what else.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Oh so the card reader just takes the information off your card that's in your pocket while your stood still paying at the shop counter? To be honest it was my first trip so was a bit naive but your right I need to educate myself and now at least I'm educated in that department.
The cheeky little Russian cunts doing it aswel need a good filling in them little fuckers do

Not only in Thailand as it goes on all around the world .

#28 Ben4454

Ben4454

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

A mate of mine lost his ATM card in Thailand.... he found out someone tried to use his card from an ATM in Brazil and then 2 days later in Denmark and then 3 days later an Atm in America, Vegas? It was like this thief was travelling the world trying atms? He emptied the money out but this thief got about a bit.

Edited by Ben4454, 29 July 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#29 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

I was scammed when some east European lowlife managed to copy my card in Pattaya using a microchip inserted in his thumb. One touch and he robbed me blind!

#30 LL Cool Dave

LL Cool Dave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,441 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, ladyboys, and some more beautiful ladyboys.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:25 AM

How does that work then?

#31 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,219 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:43 AM

A mate of mine lost his ATM card in Thailand.... he found out someone tried to use his card from an ATM in Brazil and then 2 days later in Denmark and then 3 days later an Atm in America, Vegas? It was like this thief was travelling the world trying atms? He emptied the money out but this thief got about a bit.

Card info like that gets sold on the dark webb all the time. Very cheaply too. So thiefs can make their own cards after getting your info which they then sell to others

#32 Devman

Devman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

I was scammed when some east European lowlife managed to copy my card in Pattaya using a microchip inserted in his thumb. One touch and he robbed me blind!

Does this mean that anyone who touches your card (e.g. cashiers, service staff etc.) can steal your info? If so, that is very frightening.

#33 vp25975

vp25975

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Cash is King

Leave the cards in the safe but then even the safe isnt that safe :)

#34 Justaguy54

Justaguy54

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:51 AM

About a year ago, I had a Visa card hacked. I can't prove it, but I think it happened in Pattaya. The reason I think that is I was living in Taiwan at the time and never used my card there. I did use the card twice in Pattaya, both times at big box locations like hotel and department store.  About a week after I returned from Pattaya the first fraudulent charge showed up in my online banking. I called my bank and discovered another 14 charges that had not cleared yet. The total hit was about $750 USD. Some one had used my card to setup a PayPal account and went on a shopping spree. The bank canceled the card, and reversed all the charges back to PayPal. In the end it didn't cost me anything but heartache.

To answer a question above, yes, anyone that handles your card has all the information necessary to copy it. 

I got lucky, but I learned some very valuable lessons from it. 

#35 LL Cool Dave

LL Cool Dave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,441 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, ladyboys, and some more beautiful ladyboys.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

I only use mine in hotels , had it ripped off in the Patt's Marriott and US Marriott. Is there a pattern?

#36 Picaflor011

Picaflor011

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

Anyone use the card pockets that are designed to block the scanners? Iv seen them advertised, but never heard any feedback on them.

#37 mailman69

mailman69

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

Read this on a online news service - 1. ‘Shields’ are probable a waste of money card-shield.jpgYou probably don’t need one of these.

A spokesman for Beyond Bank said there is a “lot of misinformation” about the security risks.

It is a common misconception that thieves can ‘clone’ cards for later use. This is impossible because the computer chips in the cards send unique codes for each payment.

There is also a popular ‘digital pickpocketing’ theory that criminals can steal money simply by walking down the street with a special machine that charges nearby cards. Even if this technology exists, it would require thieves to receive the funds into an Australian bank account — making them easily trackable.

Many companies are cashing in on these fears by selling ‘protectors’ or ‘shields’ that claim to prevent such attacks.

The New Daily contacted several major banks to find out if these crimes had ever been reported to them. ANZ, Westpac and ME all said they had not received a single report of this happening in Australia. Ever.

A spokesperson for regulator ASIC also said it had not seen any such incidents.

#38 ausman7

ausman7

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

Read this on a online news service -

1. ‘Shields’ are probable a waste of money
card-shield.jpgYou probably don’t need one of these.A spokesman for Beyond Bank said there is a “lot of misinformation” about the security risks.
It is a common misconception that thieves can ‘clone’ cards for later use. This is impossible because the computer chips in the cards send unique codes for each payment.
There is also a popular ‘digital pickpocketing’ theory that criminals can steal money simply by walking down the street with a special machine that charges nearby cards. Even if this technology exists, it would require thieves to receive the funds into an Australian bank account — making them easily trackable.
Many companies are cashing in on these fears by selling ‘protectors’ or ‘shields’ that claim to prevent such attacks.
The New Daily contacted several major banks to find out if these crimes had ever been reported to them. ANZ, Westpac and ME all said they had not received a single report of this happening in Australia. Ever.
A spokesperson for regulator ASIC also said it had not seen any such incidents.

Having multiple chipped cards in your wallet makes it very difficult for them to be scanned as it confuses the scanner .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users