651 replies to this topic

#21 artie99us

artie99us

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

1) Why wouldn't you be on meds?  Thought as soon as you've contracted they put you on a regimen.

2) What were your acute symptoms?  Recognizing that everyone's symptoms differ and if you twist your brain enough you can convince yourself that a common cold is hiv.

3) Hypothetical assuming you never tested positive, but knowing the impact and what you've been through mentally and physically as a result of your diagnosis, and recognizing nothing is ever 100% (either through a condom breaking or an occasional slip in judgment), would you still monger?

I'm sure you're not the only pos person on here, so I applaud your efforts and hope others will find it inspiring.

At the moment I'm not on meds and viral load detectable so having sex without condoms is not an option.

#22 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

Hello Kongkuk

Thank you for your transparency on this issue and I hope it will helps reduce the silly threads that pop up from time to time.

I was reading an article about fasting and the immune system  if you google fasting + immune system, the immune system regenerates in two days.  The article was linked to Chemotherapy but I can't see why it couldn't be applied to different fields. 

Do you monitor your CD count? or CD4 count or both?

Forgive me for being curious here, but does your partner have the same type and subtype of HIV as yourself?

Cheers Fenton

#23 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

1) Why wouldn't you be on meds?  Thought as soon as you've contracted they put you on a regimen.
2) What were your acute symptoms?  Recognizing that everyone's symptoms differ and if you twist your brain enough you can convince yourself that a common cold is hiv.
3) Hypothetical assuming you never tested positive, but knowing the impact and what you've been through mentally and physically as a result of your diagnosis, and recognizing nothing is ever 100% (either through a condom breaking or an occasional slip in judgment), would you still monger?

I'm sure you're not the only pos person on here, so I applaud your efforts and hope others will find it inspiring.

1 I'm not on meds because with my cd4 level I don't need it. In the US they try to start people on the meds asap regardless of how their immune system is holding up. This is more to prevent others from being infected rather than what is medically best for the patient. I'n Europe the policy is to start when cd4 drops below 400 or around there.
I can start whenever I want but when I first have started I can never stop and the pills need to be taken on schedule every day. Skip a few doses and the virus mutates. There are also loads of side effects.

2 There was all symptoms in the book more or less except from rashes.
I had high fewer, headaches, muscle soreness (my legs where so sore it was painful to walk), vomiting and diarrhea.
But the one that made me sure was that I had a very sore throat and the soreness went all the way down the food pipe. So when I swallowed something it felt like my chest was exploding. Even yoghurt was painful to eat.
So when I was sitting there self diagnosing myself on internet (I know it's stupid better just go to the doctor) I could not find this symptom on any other illness. And I also knew what I had been up to off course.
I was also extremely weak and was home from the office for more than a week. The first day I went to work after I almost fainted on the sky train several times just from being exhausted standing in the crowded place. Two times on my way to work I had to get off the train and wait for the next one just in order to get my breath back.

3 answer: yes I would.... nothing is more fun than drinking and mongering :)
  • mervin likes this

#24 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hello Kongkuk

Thank you for your transparency on this issue and I hope it will helps reduce the silly threads that pop up from time to time.

I was reading an article about fasting and the immune system  if you google fasting + immune system, the immune system regenerates in two days.  The article was linked to Chemotherapy but I can't see why it couldn't be applied to different fields. 

Do you monitor your CD count? or CD4 count or both?

Forgive me for being curious here, but does your partner have the same type and subtype of HIV as yourself?

Cheers Fenton

Hi
I agree with you it would be good if we could keep the HIV subject in the health section where it belongs.

I have read about fasting before but have not tried it, will try to discuss with my doctor next check up.
I take CD tests about every 3 months. It's CD3, CD4 and CD8. I think CD3 is just there as a standard thing they not looking at that at all. CD4 is the main one and for normal healthy people is should be between 500 to 1400. I'm hovering around 500.
The CD8 should be around 200-1000 but I'm usually a bit on the high side right above 1000. This is normal for hiv but I don't have enough info on why it is like that. I have found a few medical reports on the issue online but they are all in a language that is just too technical for me to get a clear idea of how it really works.

I don't have a partner so no. There are at least a 100 different sub strains and I think finding one with exactly the same is not possible.

#25 hughjass85

hughjass85

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Alcohol and drugs was a part of the equation.. Not thinking straight

Are you/were you an intravenous drug user?

#26 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

POPULAR

Are you/were you an intravenous drug user?

Fuck no mate.
I was from time to time smoking a bit of ice more for the insane sex marathon part of it than the high itself.
Never more than maybe once a month or less.

To be honest this is the first question that has bothered me, I ain't no junky. I had a good job and are educated to masters degree in economics... no low life scum. But I do have my issues with alcohol.....
  • William - Man In Black, mervin and hughjass85 like this

#27 hughjass85

hughjass85

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Sorry KK....I did not mean to offend you, that was not my intention at all.

I just didn't know what you meant by drug use, I thought maybe that is where you could have contracted it from.

Good thread...thanks for being so honest.

#28 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

No problem Hughjass.

I just for a moment there pictured some dirty junky, which is not how I would like to give the impression of being.

I guess it was a fair question in regards to my earlier post.

• Andy666 and hughjass85 like this

#29 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Kongkuk

What is your outtake on the "Berlin Patient" and two similar patients in Boston?

Cheers Fenton

#30 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hi Fenton

I'm no expert on this but have followed the news regarding these cases.

The Berlin patient is still regarded as cured. But the two in Boston have had their HIV reappear and are back to scratch and on meds again.

The main difference between these cases is that the Berlin patient had bone marrow transplanted from a donor who had the HIV immune gene, while those in Boston did not get their bone marrow from immune donors.

There is probably a lot to learn from these cases, but bone marrow transplant as a way of curing HIV will never be a viable option I think.   

#31 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Yes I would go along with that, its crude, but I see something along lines of gene therapy being a step forward, or something keeping the viral load from locking onto the receptor of the cell I think its called CCR5

• hel0123 likes this

#32 William - Man In Black

William - Man In Black

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboy Hosts.
    Mazes.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Other than using safe sex practices, do you think there is anything else you would have done in hindsight to avoid getting infected...ie knowing what you knw now would you insist on every P4P you get tested beforehand yourself?

Edited by hellokatoey, 02 July 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#33 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Hi

No I think just being careful is enough.

Demanding people test themselves is somewhat a violation of their privacy as well.

If you can't deal with the risks then don't play the game.

Edited by kongkuk, 02 July 2014 - 12:55 AM.

• William - Man In Black likes this

#34 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

edited

Edited by kongkuk, 02 July 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#35 kredit

kredit

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

Is the person that infected you still 'working'?

#36 maunotsau

maunotsau

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

sorry if this is an already answered question,... did you contract the infection from a LB?

#37 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

The Origin of Aids on you tube is worth a watch as well.

#38 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

POPULAR

Is the person that infected you still 'working'?

sorry if this is an already answered question,... did you contract the infection from a LB?

Yes I was infected by a Ladyboy and she is still working p4p in BKK.

So please, it's forum policy not to out anyone with hiv on here so I am not going to do that.
This policy has been discussed widely on other threads and I hope to avoid repeating that here as I don't want this thread to be about it. So for those that need to discuss those things further please look up those threads and continue there.
  • bob2011, artie99us and Podrick like this

#39 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

The Origin of Aids on you tube is worth a watch as well.

OK I will have a look some time when I have time.
It's not some tinfoil hat conspiracy rant I hope??

#40 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Kongkuk

No its quite interesting Kongkuk, Trying to link HIV with the development of a Polio vaccine in Africa, not the usual fucking chimps malarki.

Cheers Fenton

Edited by fenton, 02 July 2014 - 01:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users