• Andy666 likes this

#44 Podrick

Podrick

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

he he   was that satire on satire?  Or more English Humour?       XXXX :Rolling:

• Andy666 likes this

#45 glenlivet76

glenlivet76

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for this kongkuk..<br />A very frank and intelligent thread..<br />Just like to know do your family and friends know and how has your relationships with them changed?<br />Cheers mate

#46 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for this kongkuk..<br />A very frank and intelligent thread..<br />Just like to know do your family and friends know and how has your relationships with them changed?<br />Cheers mate

I have told most my family and a few friends. They have all been very supportive, I was worried how some of my friends would take it but there has been no problem. Most of them has made an effort to educate themselves on it and don't really threat me any different from before.

#47 Hello Katoey

Hello Katoey

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

I have told most my family and a few friends. They have all been very supportive, I was worried how some of my friends would take it but there has been no problem. Most of them has made an effort to educate themselves on it and don't really threat me any different from before.

Does the subject of HOW you caught it ever get raised?

I mean that you got it from a LB or they just assume a GG?

• oldheroes likes this

#48 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

My family members have never asked.

A few of my friends have and I usually say it's from a GG to avoid any further questions.

#49 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

he he   was that satire on satire?  Or more English Humour?       XXXX :Rolling:

Guess it's just humour.
I don't really care how the virus originated or bother much to find out.
Fact is that it's here no matter how it happened and I got to deal with that.

#50 thehawk

thehawk

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for sharing Kongkuk. I think a lot of mongers visiting LOS are in denial, and have the attitude of "well, it won't happen to me".

I know I have "been caught slipping" a few times, and I guess I have just been lucky I haven't caught anything. 

These days, I am a lot more conscious of the importance of wearing a condom. 

I've become quite close to a ladyboy in BKK, she smokes and I was said she should give up, but she said she didn't really care if she died young from cancer and that she wanted her life to be as short as possible. The subject moved on to HIV and she said that nobody dies from HIV now because you can take medicine in Thailand to stay alive. She was more concerned about people gossiping about her if she died because of AIDS.

So I took three things from that conversation. The first is that Thais are fatalistic by nature and accept what's coming to them in life. If you get HIV you were destined to get it. The 2nd is the psychological state of many of them. They, as ladyboy prostitutes, often have little to live for, especially long term when they are past their working age. The 3rd is complacency because of the newer medicines being available that can prolong life or turn HIB into a chronic illness.

It's also very tempting when you are in a longer term relationship with one, it does make you feel comfortable with them and you start letting your guard down.

#51 gosukorean

gosukorean

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

I've become quite close to a ladyboy in BKK, she smokes and I was said she should give up, but she said she didn't really care if she died young from cancer and that she wanted her life to be as short as possible. The subject moved on to HIV and she said that nobody dies from HIV now because you can take medicine in Thailand to stay alive. She was more concerned about people gossiping about her if she died because of AIDS.

So I took three things from that conversation. The first is that Thais are fatalistic by nature and accept what's coming to them in life. If you get HIV you were destined to get it. The 2nd is the psychological state of many of them. They, as ladyboy prostitutes, often have little to live for, especially long term when they are past their working age. The 3rd is complacency because of the newer medicines being available that can prolong life or turn HIB into a chronic illness.

It's also very tempting when you are in a longer term relationship with one, it does make you feel comfortable with them and you start letting your guard down.

I don't know if you can say Thais are that fatalistic based on what one Thai LB (possibly P4P) had to say about life : many of them have a pretty shitty life so it's not exactly unexpected that they don't care much for living or making any real choices in life. I think Thais are indeed quite a lot more fatalistic than the west but I would attribute that mostly to their poor education system, and this doesn't really strike me as a typical example.

Many LBs (especially P4P) are incredibly self destructive and borderline suicidal, and if she's saying she wants her life to be as short as possible she's obviously not particularly sound of mind.

There are thousands of people dying from HIV / AIDS in Thailand every year so saying no-one dies from AIDS in Thailand sounds like she's incredibly ignorant of the facts.

The second point certainly makes a lot of sense but it contradicts your third point a little bit.

I don't really have any real information to back this up but based on the number of working LBs that have died of AIDS complications in the last few years it does seem few actually take antivirals and just let themselves die.

My opinion would be from that conversation was that many LBs are simply apathetic about whether they live or die, and ignorant about HIV in general.

That's probably why the infection rate is so absurdly high and so many people a year die as an indirect result of HIV.

#52 Podrick

Podrick

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

GOSUKOREANS   SAID

There are thousands of people dying from HIV / AIDS in Thailand every year so saying no-one dies from AIDS in Thailand sounds like she's incredibly ignorant of the facts.

The second point certainly makes a lot of sense but it contradicts your third point a little bit.

I don't really have any real information to back this up but based on the number of working LBs that have died of AIDS complications in the last few years it does seem few actually take antivirals and just let themselves die.

My opinion would be from that conversation was that many LBs are simply apathetic about whether they live or die, and ignorant about HIV in general.

That's probably why the infection rate is so absurdly high and so many people a year die as an indirect result of HIV."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Dear Sir.Yet  again   I see posts from you and wonder from where you  get your opinions ...  ?????????  

You reveal NOTHING  of who you are or how in any way  YOU   are   worthy  of our  time?    How YOU got to be an advanced member with so few posts and so much initial   insult   I do not know    Did you buy it?

Come to the  takecarepattaya.com  meeting    with ME  on the  21st   july  and   meet the activists    . Come and help Dr Phillippe at his treatment clinic..

You are incredibly BADLY informed about how it is is Thailand and the HIV/STD Response  from both Thai people AND Foriegners who are actively involved with doing something positive to help !.

For your information. most Thai people are industrious and clever and creative...  ....   Education may not be avaliable as much as wherever YOU   are from. but  , upcountry Thais make up for this by being ingenious and ambitous to do the best they can for themselves and their families..     In a culturally totally different way to us Westerners.. or is it ?

Maybe you like to spout to provoke a reaction?  That makes you a troll.  And you have admitted so on other threads. And the multi identity?

So I say to you sir. Actually COME to Pattaya. I will but you a beer at Sensations..   And introduce you to some very hard working sensible fun loving ladyboys that might just even change your cynical old mind>>>>>.

And  by  the way.  MOST   Thais  are well aware of FREE    TESTING <CD4 checks   and treatment as and when needed.  .    So HIV is   being controlled here bettter than many other places   in  the  world..

They get the checks and carry on partying.

.And  the  main    emphasis has to be on   PREVENTION ...            So use those condoms !!!!   Give them away free  to all you meet 

And do NOT EVER   make silly jokes about barebacking .   That is just the height of irresponsible behavior     !

• Rambo2201 likes this

#53 gosukorean

gosukorean

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

Shut up Podrick.

• Hello Katoey likes this

#54 Podrick

Podrick

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Shut up Podrick.

Be VERY careful Polonius, or you WIll get ANOTHER    "Hodor" from me     .

And i strongly recommend  you actually   READ  the  W.H.O. highly comprehensive   HIV/Aids  link I posted elsewhere.      Or research the topic yourself.   Its all easily available .       Facts before hearsay?                Perchance they did not evolve that far in your village?   

#55 gosukorean

gosukorean

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Shut up Podrick.

#56 Podrick

Podrick

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Shut up Podrick.

Ha ha   My own cliche!        You prove my point so adequately   XXXXXXXXX :)

#57 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

I also have a feeling that a lot of the ladyboys in p4p don't really care anything about the future. But I have also met a few that are really smart and save for the future, invested their earnings building houses back home in the village and so on.
So it's hard to make any general assumption on how they think when it comes t these things.
  • david1977 and Podrick like this

#58 dannyboy

dannyboy

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

Kongkuk,

Im not sure if you want to answer this if you don't I understand, were you bottoming, the reason I ask is I have read the risk is very high for the receiving person, wether it be male or female receiving..

#59 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Kongkuk,
Im not sure if you want to answer this if you don't I understand, were you bottoming, the reason I ask is I have read the risk is very high for the receiving person, wether it be male or female receiving..

Yes I was, and it is much more riskier to be bottom than top.
However most of the info and research you will find online about this is done in Europe and US.
The most common strain there is subtype B and therefore reflect mostly on how this strain of the virus works.
In south east Asia and particularly in Thailand the most common is subtype E which is the one I have. This subtype have shown to be able to pass much easier from bottom to top than the B type. Especially through vaginal unprotected sex with GG's.

So you should not feel too safe just because you are top.

Edited by kongkuk, 11 July 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#60 dannyboy

dannyboy

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

The only way to be safe is to wear a condom which I have always done, I have a mate who has been visiting Thailand since the late 70's, he actually still lives there today and never wore condoms ever through all of the 80's and most of the 90's, he was always with GG's yet somehow he has managed to stay healthy. I have read so many different stories where one partner was infected generally the women and yet the man stays negative after over 10 years together, it just makes me wonder how they know how one strain is more transmittable through certain sexual acts.. It seems like there are so many factors at play, I seen a doco with the scientist who discovered the HIV virus and he states that if the immune system is strong enough it can resist the infection, I have forgotten the doco name but he was French and was there in the very beginning when it all started.. Good to hear your doing well mate, thanks for putting this post up and educating people..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users