59 replies to this topic

#21 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

I think that anyone that reads this forum, and I have only been to Thailand one time should know the risks of a freelancer. Not saying they are all bad, but you know you are taking a chance. I might do it but I doubt it. Go with what you know and keep your head straight.

LOL Advice from a newbie.

After the bars close...all girls are freelancers...

Marine, Insomnia, Lucifers and every other disco is home to the freelancer. These places would be closed if every freelancer was a hard case...a little common sense in choosing a partner goes a long way.

Long Live the freelancer.

#22 Barmcake

Barmcake

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys .. Pattaya..

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hi.. Newbie here.. I'am off to Pattaya in Aug, 1st ever trip.. Been looking and reading a bit about Soi 6... Seems a busy lively Soi , but.. Is it a place to stay away from after the bar shut ?? Is it that bad as such .. Cheers ..

#23 LadyboysRock

LadyboysRock

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

I wouldn't walk it alone late myself. I picked up a freelancer once walking with a buddy at around 4am. I had been drinking for about 14 hours and horny as hell. I was probably damn lucky she turned out to be a sweetheart. Funny part I can't for the life of me remember what she looked like. I only remember she was hot.
  • Barmcake likes this

#24 LL Cool Dave

LL Cool Dave

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,778 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, ladyboys, and some more beautiful ladyboys.

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:35 AM

Been down there at 3am, no problems but many of the girls are off thier heads and don't perform well by that time, not worth it in my experience. Get some sleep and save it up for the next night.
  • Barmcake likes this

#25 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

soi 6 is a must do, especially if you are a newbie. do the bar crawl from 2nd road to beach road . but like all things where ever you are in the world more bad things happen late at night, and the early hours of the morning. read the pattaya mail newspaper for examples. amazing how many stupid people walk round with huge wads of cash, wearing gold chains flaunting their wealth and then wonder why they are a victim !!!!. often alcohol, drugs, desperation, combined with poverty play a part in this  + the criminal element come out to play. common sense should prevail for your own preservation. easier said than done when you have had a few beers to many. but hopefully we all learn from our mistakes.   soi 6/1 is a bit more spooky the later the evening wears on. but still worth a stroll many side alleys to take you back to the relative safety of soi 6 if you bottle it. do not wrap yourself up in cotton wool embrace what it has to offer (hopefully) you will not regret......... for what it is worth I feel safer being in Thailand at night than I did walking in certain parts of London after dark........  rgds soidog.    

• Ancientkarma and Barmcake like this

#26 onebraveaussie

onebraveaussie

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

so right soi dog

feel safe

spent 5 year saigon red light areas and scary

singapore off the beaten tracks equally so

phnom penh a disaster

kuala lumpur a disaster until beach club area and not much better

manila no go zone

angeles city marginally better

there you go

bkk dont be AFRAID

#27 rickyprinter

rickyprinter

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

The first time I met her she was violent. The second time (this was a month ago, 1986) she was just a scamming, cheating bitch in the room... (Why did I go with her a second time? Pissed of course and didn't recognise who she was until it was too late)

Edit ~ 2 or 3 nights later I met Lanny on Soi Buakao, who I've also been with before (& failed to recognise too 555).  Lanny is also a freelancer, but an absolute sweetheart and completely accommodating in the room. Highly recommended.

Going with FLers is always a crap shoot though ~ Probably better to stick with the girls in the bars (especially if pissed!)

got pic of lanny ?

#28 Barmcake

Barmcake

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

Certainly worth a trip down Soi 6 then ... Lol.. Not too long after closing time... Am always careful with money and cameras.. Phone.. when I go out at night, no matter where I'am.. Hopefully I'll meet a BM in a bar during my visit to hook up with the odd night.. Safety in numbers at night down there...

#29 LordBoy

LordBoy

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:54 PM

Certainly worth a trip down Soi 6 then ... Lol.. Not too long after closing time... Am always careful with money and cameras.. Phone.. when I go out at night, no matter where I'am.. Hopefully I'll meet a BM in a bar during my visit to hook up with the odd night.. Safety in numbers at night down there...

You got to carry a phone buddy, you never know.

Bring a crappy one in LOS for the nights out, just for contacts ,doesn't has to be your main mobile.

But indeed be careful with Soi 6 and especially Soi 6/1, I was living there a handful of times, personally I do not have a bad experience as I knew almost all the night shift ladies, but I heard stories, so better to be carefull, especially if we drink a little more than usual.

• lepadre and Barmcake like this

#30 Barmcake

Barmcake

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

Always have a cheap fone with me LordBoy, every holiday I've been on, main mobile is always left in safe.. I'm green, but not that green !! Lol...
  • LordBoy likes this

#31 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

soi 6 is a must do, especially if you are a newbie. do the bar crawl from 2nd road to beach road . but like all things where ever you are in the world more bad things happen late at night, and the early hours of the morning. read the pattaya mail newspaper for examples. amazing how many stupid people walk round with huge wads of cash, wearing gold chains flaunting their wealth and then wonder why they are a victim !!!!. often alcohol, drugs, desperation, combined with poverty play a part in this + the criminal element come out to play. common sense should prevail for your own preservation. easier said than done when you have had a few beers to many. but hopefully we all learn from our mistakes. soi 6/1 is a bit more spooky the later the evening wears on. but still worth a stroll many side alleys to take you back to the relative safety of soi 6 if you bottle it. do not wrap yourself up in cotton wool embrace what it has to offer (hopefully) you will not regret......... for what it is worth I feel safer being in Thailand at night than I did walking in certain parts of London after dark........ rgds soidog.

Not only Soi 6 in the wee hours...

It's that special time of the year, when the school fees are due, also in Nakorn Nowhere....
- So expect some interesting news about tourists robbed of their gold chains, watches, wallets ;-)

Edited by insearchofxxx, 20 May 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#32 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

a bit off topic, but as our learned friend insearchofxxxx  stated skool fees are due. in the past 7 days have been stopped twice by the finest police force money can buy when on the motorbike. unfortunately for them I am squeaky clean, got Thai licence and even keep a photocopy of first page of green book that states motorcycle ownership. the buggers have tried to fine me for no proof of ownership in the past. while PC dipstick was wasting his time with me. noticed 3 farangs pass him with no helmets on and defiantly looked like happy holiday makers on hire bikes. he could of had a good pay day. if the thieves n robbers don't get us at night, look out and beware some of  the enforcement agency officers are out to fleece us in the nicest possible way in broad daylight. oh the joys of Thailand. love it. rgds soidog  

• insearchofxxx likes this

#33 Coolinpattaya

Coolinpattaya

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Don't walk the streets with your wallet on you, and don't have more money In your pockets than you can afford to loss.

Also keep your valube jewelry / watch in your safe.

I usualy don't carry more than $3000 Bhat In my poket at any point in time and wear a $20 watch when I go out.. Especially late night
Oh and no gold necklace. That's just asking for it

#34 LadyboysRock

LadyboysRock

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

My chum went with a freelancer GG in BKK earlier this year and she hi tailed with 45,000 BHat. He was pissed. Silly boy woke up in the morning with his door ajar and empty pockets............

Why would he have 45,000 not in a safe?

#35 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Cars, boats and movies

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

Don't walk the streets with your wallet on you, and don't have more money In your pockets than you can afford to loss.

Also keep your valube jewelry / watch in your safe.

I usualy don't carry more than $3000 Bhat In my poket at any point in time and wear a $20 watch when I go out.. Especially late night
Oh and no gold necklace. That's just asking for it

Very good advice
especially: logic and common sense

#36 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

Probably need more than 3000 baht on a night out I would have thought unless your a non drinker then it would suffice in that case perhaps
  • garrydirty likes this

#37 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Cars, boats and movies

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

But, what I'm seeing.

1500 Bath to drink, ladydrink and billiards (2 or 3 drinks)
500 Bath, BF
1000 Bath to ST or 2000 to LT
500 Bath to Taxi

not more than 5000 bath for a night of "special party"

these amounts are correct?

ahhhh ¡¡¡

and always, cheap phone and photocopy of passport

Edited by Spanish Knight, 11 August 2015 - 01:42 PM.

#38 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

But, what I'm seeing.

1500 Bath to drink, ladydrink and billiards (2 or 3 drinks)
500 Bath, BF
1000 Bath to ST or 2000 to LT
500 Taxi

not more than 5000 bath for a night of "special party"

these amounts are correct?

ahhhh ¡¡¡

and always, cheap phone and photocopy of passport

Everything is relative I guess. Depends how many drinks one will indulge in on a night out😀😀😀😀
Taxi cont cost 500 baht unless your in Phuket lol

#39 Banach Space

Banach Space

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:LBs & MCs

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

Probably need more than 3000 baht on a night out I would have thought unless your a non drinker then it would suffice in that case perhaps

3000 go quickly even if you are a non drinker. Some evenings i try to cut down on drinking after 5/6 days of drinking, i take like 3 beers, but i still use few 1000s in the bars. LDs cost lot more and that makes the bill quickly get higher....

• Chicarito1974 likes this

#40 Chicarito1974

Chicarito1974

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

3000 go quickly even if you are a non drinker. Some evenings i try to cut down on drinking after 5/6 days of drinking, i take like 3 beers, but i still use few 1000s in the bars. LDs cost lot more and that makes the bill quickly get higher....

I agree mate that's why I commented and I was being diplomatic lol
  • Banach Space likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users