Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

@ Rinzler 

Your criteria is missing a couple of essential points 

• Price
  • Service
  • Cleanliness
  • Atmosphere
  • Cut

You have to consider Aged .... a steak really need to be aged at least 28 days ...I often keep my steaks at the back of my fridge where the temp is just above freezing point for a couple of weeks ...try it and you will be surprised how much better they are 

Then the Chef ...cooking a good beefsteak isn't rocket science but IMO it need to be cooked on very high heat , to sear the outside and leave the inside on the rare side (very rare for me personally ) but at the most it must be pink ...NOT grey ...you need to stop cooking it before it is done as it needs to rest for 5 mins and will continue cooking 

And the sauce ...For me some Maitre De butter ...essentially chopped parsley , garlic and salty butter made into a roll and popped onto the steak as you serve it lifts it a whole degree ...add some anchovies ground into the butter ..heaven . And don't be stingy with the salt .

Accompaniments ....best kept to a minimum to not detract from the star ...for me Chips or Mashed potatoes (onion gravy optional ), some token greens and some decent red wine ...

Yup Heaven  !

Edited by LordJim, 17 October 2017 - 08:00 PM.

• Bobcat2001 and fenton like this

#62 Rinzler

Rinzler

I got a ladyboy pregnant

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts
  • Interests:Thai ladies
    80s nostalgia (music, video games, etc...)
    Big tits

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

@ Rinzler 

Your criteria is missing a couple of essential points 

• Price
  • Service
  • Cleanliness
  • Atmosphere
  • Cut

You have to consider Aged .... a steak really need to be aged at least 28 days ...I often keep my steaks at the back of m y fridge where the team is just above freezing point for a couple of weeks ...try it and you will be surprised how much better they are 

Then the Chef ...cooking a good beefsteak isn't rocket science but IMO it need to be cooked on very high heat , to sear the outside and leave the inside on the rare side (very rare for me personally ) but at the most it must be pink ...NOT grey 

And the sauce ...For me some Maitre De butter ...essentially chopped parsley , garlic and salty butter made into a roll and popped onto the steak as you serve it lifts it a whole degree ...add some anchovies into the butter ..heaven . And don't be stingy with the salt .

Accompaniments ....best kept to a minimum to not detract from the star ...for me Chips or Mashed potatoes (onion gravy optional ), some token greens and some decent red wine ...

Yup Heaven  !

I disagree on the sauce. 

When I was very young, I used to love A1 steak sauce. I got into the habit of putting it on all of my steaks. Then, when I was in my 20, I went to a nice steakhouse. When the steaks arrived, the waiter asked if there was anything else he could bring. I asked him for my usual A1 sauce. He told me that he would if I really needed it, but then he told me that a good steak really shouldn't need a sauce. He asked me to try eating the meat without the sauce first. He was right. The flavor of a good steak should not be masked by sauces. Just enjoy the meat by itself.

Also, a little cooking secret - the steak should only be flipped once. The more you flip it, the more juice escapes and you get less flavor.

The only seasoning a steak should require is some salt and some pepper. Thats it.

• Bobcat2001 and LordJim like this

#63 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yup we are on the same page buddy !

My comment on sauce was meant to imply that "less is more " ...just a bit of tasty garlicky salty butter does me 

And a good point about the flipping ....my gf fucks around w  food and stirs like crazy ..its in her genes I guess ........you need to let it seal / sear and caramelise ....put it on the grill and after only 5/10 seconds lift it and relay on the grill  ( this stops sticking ) the let it sear flip it one time and repeat 

Edited by LordJim, 17 October 2017 - 08:51 PM.

• Rinzler likes this

#64 starman555

starman555

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Fillet steak medium rare at the Beefeater is by far the best I have had in Thailand. ...Probably been there in excess of 100 times and never had anything less than perfect. .I am fussy!

#65 Bobcat2001

Bobcat2001

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys all over the world

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Gents its so important as was advised, let the meat do the talking. To be honest this really applies to most meats and chicken. Unless its a stew. Don't let the additive ruin the flavour of the food. 

I cooked two fillets this Saturday night. They were from a local butcher in fact their own stock. A Sussex breed. I discussed with them the Wagu Japanese lineage thread. They had introduced them a few years ago but felt it was driven by an element of hype. The beef is expensive to rear. It takes 3 years as opposed to our English Sussex Breed that take 18 to 20 months. The Sussex herd is stronger and has more weight. Not fat. Its all in the ageing that brings a great steak. 

I had bought this fillet that had already been hung 35 days. I have mine vacuum packed as once sliced bacteria grows at a faster rate. I then put them in the back of my fridge for another 7 days at plus 2. The meat was just turning as a delicate sweetness could be drawn to the nose. Don't wash them. 

Salt and pepper is all that is needed and a hot pan with butter. 3 to 4 mins either side, rest and you are done. 

Yes double cooked chips if you can with broccoli, grilled tomatoes and garlic butter on a large Mushroom. As muted die and go to heaven. Being washed down with a fine claret. 

• Jim Lahey and LordJim like this

#66 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Gents its so important as was advised, let the meat do the talking. To be honest this really applies to most meats and chicken. Unless its a stew. Don't let the additive ruin the flavour of the food. 

I cooked two fillets this Saturday night. They were from a local butcher in fact their own stock. A Sussex breed. I discussed with them the Wagu Japanese lineage thread. They had introduced them a few years ago but felt it was driven by an element of hype. The beef is expensive to rear. It takes 3 years as opposed to our English Sussex Breed that take 18 to 20 months. The Sussex herd is stronger and has more weight. Not fat. Its all in the ageing that brings a great steak. 

I had bought this fillet that had already been hung 35 days. I have mine vacuum packed as once sliced bacteria grows at a faster rate. I then put them in the back of my fridge for another 7 days at plus 2. The meat was just turning as a delicate sweetness could be drawn to the nose. Don't wash them. 

Salt and pepper is all that is needed and a hot pan with butter. 3 to 4 mins either side, rest and you are done. 

Yes double cooked chips if you can with broccoli, grilled tomatoes and garlic butter on a large Mushroom. As muted die and go to heaven. Being washed down with a fine claret. 

Well Bobcat ..........what can I say ?

Your place or mine next weekend ?

x

#67 darkdave

darkdave

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

best Steak I've had recently was yesterday at Dark Dave's shack,  Peppered Scotch Sirloin Steak and whisky sauce, I even knew the coo that the steak came from RIP Daisy

22780242_921024348048109_7200415368561869292_n.jpg

22688372_921024418048102_1603740198402122975_n.jpg

• LordJim likes this

#68 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Proper chips mate 

I have rediscovered LARD ...Beef Dripping for doing  chips , its f amazing 

• fenton likes this

#69 Bobcat2001

Bobcat2001

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

I use lard for my roast potatoes bloody perfect. In Yorkshire they cook the fish and chips in beef dripping. Eee by Gum lad. Grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#70 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

POPULAR

Its all about the lard....the charing ....the whole Umange ( sic ? .....fifth taste ) thing

Think we need to start a whole new forum ....named 

"Guys who love drinking most whiskies , eating well cooked steaks and shagging young Asian boys ' 

I think it will take off ...

Edited by LordJim, 24 October 2017 - 02:45 AM.

• petesie, Rinzler, chucky and 1 other like this

#71 chucky

chucky

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:LB:s, but you maybe you have guessed that already

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Its all about the lard....the charing ....the whole Umange ( sic ? .....fifth taste ) thing

Think we need to start a whole new forum ....named

"Guys who love drinking most whiskies , eating well cooked steaks and shagging young Asian boys '

I think it will take off ...

Change the whiskies to rums, and I am in:-)

For those going to Shanghai, try West 1515 in Shangri-La. High end steak house. Shared a a 1998 RMB + service charge with two friends . That is close to 11000 baht... will feels like a bargain to eat in steak&co. :-)
  • LordJim likes this

#72 chucky

chucky

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:LB:s, but you maybe you have guessed that already

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

And I don't like boys... only sweet girls with something extra!!!

Edited by chucky, 27 October 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#73 riverside

riverside

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

I use lard for my roast potatoes bloody perfect. In Yorkshire they cook the fish and chips in beef dripping. Eee by Gum lad. Grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the best shops use beef dripping you can taste the difference.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#74 Solice

Solice

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Interests:WWW.sensationsbar.blogspot.co.uk/

Youtube.com - scotts thailand

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

I've never tried this, and again maybe just slightly off topic, but since i live only a couple of hours flight away, I think I'm going to bring some good quality frozen steaks and give 30Thb to one of those BBQ carts to cook it up for me.
In fact, it just gave me an idea to to something in that mold and make a "steak night" at one of the bars.
I'm sure Solice wouldn't be opposed... (would he?)

Sounds interesting:)

#75 Rinzler

Rinzler

I got a ladyboy pregnant

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts
  • Interests:Thai ladies
    80s nostalgia (music, video games, etc...)
    Big tits

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Sounds interesting:)

Free steaks at Sensations?

#76 Bobcat2001

Bobcat2001

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

The steaks are in their panties, it just depends on how good you are at negotiating. As they say "Nothing is for Free" 555

#77 stickyfingers

stickyfingers

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Thai Lbs/GGs with Big tits and Asses & Gogo God
    Exotic women of colour
    Oh and the culture/food of course!!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

Steak & co definitely the best for me , also if you don't mind eating in the afternoon daily specials are available , here's the specials menu from earlier in the year .attachicon.gif20170511_125016-1.jpg

IMO the early bird saver menu is excellent value in a nice restaurant.

Had some excellent meals here plus, as mentioned before, they own Smoking Joes BBQ next door which is great for ribs and anything smoked and BBQ. Looking forward to coming back and enjoying these places again.

#78 boyo

boyo

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Recently had the afternoon special at steak & co , fridays steak has changed from black angus rib eye to wagyu rib eye and some of the prices have gone up , still good value and no.1 for me , photos of the old and new specials menu.20170511_125016-1.jpg 20171113_132747.jpg
  • stickyfingers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users