Darkside

Part timers and bar fines, low high season

Rate this topic

love you to bits paultain but get your head down son your in a fight you cannot win the jackals they are out in force tonight ready to feast on you me son get your head  down ......and am on the famous grouse  2

Have sat in Bob's bar and s couple of well known BM s have bought in Lb s.Bob also pointed out a nice lb freelancer that came through to use the toilet. Mind you I'm not defending the old pervert

So what is the name of his bar....... Where is it?........ Is his bar LB friendly?

Why does he keep it so much a secret where his bar is, name , where if he is so  happy about Ladyboys?

???

IMHO more than unfair, this private little war against Bob and not for the forum.

Up to now, Paultain, I always experienced you as tolerant and fair, maybe you should consider to edit your post.

Everyone here is living in his personal, individual environment and it is not up to us to decide, how he lives his life, he most likely has more than enough reasons, why he is living his life as he does and what he reveals about hid little "hobby". Same goes for the way, he is running his business.

As it sounds to me, you are knowing Bob and his bar personally, so I don't understand this rant even less...

The hoover's been at it on this thread... Mine post gone which surprised me. Fairly mild I'd thought. Not sure whether to feel offended or a little honoured.

I never bother about if they are freelance or on a salary, if I like the girl and my cock feels like waking up, then I buy a lady drink, pay the bar fine and up to the room for some fun.

I pay the girl for her service and if we are both happy after the event, then it is money worth spent.

Ok Jane, I am coming to see you after the football. :Blow Heart:

Hey Oldlover,

I am sorry to hear that its been a long time time since you have had sex! Seeing that the missus has you on a tight budget and you havent won any of the kittys at the Wednesday night pool to pay for your visits to soi 6.

This is more of salty Chit Chat thread. Agree the complaint as it is, is a cheap Charlie whinge , but IMO there is a problem with the practice . Normally bar owners would not have thieves work in thier bar, but if they have more freelancers coming in and out, the risks of getting a bad experience become closer to picking a freelancer off the street. Just a thought.

BTW- is Darkside a BM's extra alias to have a free pop at someone ?

Bottom line as far as I see is that the Bars have to make money, if they dont they close and no one wants that.

I know people will say I am in Thailand and dont equate it to local money, but seriously 300 bht is around $12 here, if I go out drinking I would leave that and more in tips for the bar staff anyway here, for example when you get a beer and there is a $1 coin in change I really couldnt be bothered walking round with it in my pockets so I leave it for the staff.

]If a bar has good staff working there and its a good bar serving drinks and well staffed, then why wouldnt you want to support the bar with a bar fine, which I have to say is pretty fucking low cost.   If you cant pay a bar fine of 300 to 500 thb then seriously stay at home.

More quality for those that appreciate the good things in life.

Some heartening responses there, guys. Thankfully most BMs really "get it" and give unswerving support for our niche. I'm sure the gg bars don't get the same kind of reaction, hence their numbers are gradually dwindling whereas ours actually seem to be increasing despite the various difficulties we face.

I am not mates with bar owners and I don't need to suck up to them, however I do discourage trying to save a few hundred baht, because the more its done, the more chance the bar will not be there when I return.

Guys have been dodging the bar fines for years and the bars survive.  It doesn't really matter because there are plenty of guys who pay the fines and spend on drinks.  It balances out. 

We all walk in to Gogo Bars , enjoy our free entertainment , free display of Thai lovelies , free A/C , a cosy couch , a smiling waitress , and a nice cool drink at very affordable prices

And some want to avoid paying 500 baht , 7 quid , 15 AU$ whatever you want to call it , for a nights companionship with a sweet creature you probably  only really, should be able to dream about

Fuck me dead ! :blink:

te

I'm confused by your rather ambiguous post Darkside: on the one hand you're warning against "part-timers" and sort of telling us not to pay barfines. Then at the end you say we should support the bars??

I did not warn against part timers and did not tell anyone to not pay bar fines.  I was and am uncertain about whether to support the bars by not asking awkward questions.

Everyone agrees that if you meet a girl in a bar you pay the bar fine.  My question is: if she is not employed by the bar, is there any reason to pay it the next night, if you arrange not to meet in the bar?

Further research suggests that this is not a situation likely to arise.  It seems that girls described as part time or freelance are in fact employed by a bar, but don't get a salary.  They work on commission only.  But the bar still expects them to turn up every night or pay a bar fine.

There may also be genuine freelancers who move from bar to bar as the mood takes them.  Anyone with more information?

Guest P&G

The scam is that the distinction between full and part time is not obvious to customers.  If you take a fancy to a girl, and come back night after night, the bar and girl will be happy to fine you, since the girl gets a percentage.  But there's no moral, legal or half way sensible reason for paying more than one fine, since to can just arrange to meet the girl somewhere else the next night.

I don't see where is the scam. The business between the bar and the girl is not my business.

As a matter of fact, I am rather a cheap charlie. I take my own risks hooking up freelancers in the street. It happened to me once or twice that a freelancer asked me for a barfine. If it's not a barfine, they try whatever reason might be convincing to try to make some extra money once in the room. I hate that.

But what you describe is not the case. If freelancers don't enjoy paying a barfine to a boss who let them sollicit in his bar, they can go and sollicit customers in another place. Once again, it's not my business.