#41 katoeylover69

katoeylover69

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Interests:Fitness, Mongering

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

I am not mates with bar owners and I don't need to suck up to them, however I do discourage trying to save a few hundred baht, because the more its done, the more chance the bar will not be there when I return.

Guys have been dodging the bar fines for years and the bars survive.  It doesn't really matter because there are plenty of guys who pay the fines and spend on drinks.  It balances out. 

#42 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

We all walk in to Gogo Bars , enjoy our free entertainment , free display of Thai lovelies , free A/C , a cosy couch , a smiling waitress , and a nice cool drink at very affordable prices

And some want to avoid paying 500 baht , 7 quid , 15 AU$ whatever you want to call it , for a nights companionship with a sweet creature you probably  only really, should be able to dream about

Fuck me dead ! :blink:

• oldlover and skin2fan like this

#43 Darkside

Darkside

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

te

I'm confused by your rather ambiguous post Darkside: on the one hand you're warning against "part-timers" and sort of telling us not to pay barfines. Then at the end you say we should support the bars??

I did not warn against part timers and did not tell anyone to not pay bar fines.  I was and am uncertain about whether to support the bars by not asking awkward questions.

Everyone agrees that if you meet a girl in a bar you pay the bar fine.  My question is: if she is not employed by the bar, is there any reason to pay it the next night, if you arrange not to meet in the bar?

Further research suggests that this is not a situation likely to arise.  It seems that girls described as part time or freelance are in fact employed by a bar, but don't get a salary.  They work on commission only.  But the bar still expects them to turn up every night or pay a bar fine.

There may also be genuine freelancers who move from bar to bar as the mood takes them.  Anyone with more information?

#44 youngroy33

youngroy33

Half Man, Half Tree

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

Personally I think the girl has the responsibility to the bar.Just ask her and if she says yes then give the money to her and let her pay.

#45 Guest_P&G_*

Guest_P&G_*

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

The scam is that the distinction between full and part time is not obvious to customers.  If you take a fancy to a girl, and come back night after night, the bar and girl will be happy to fine you, since the girl gets a percentage.  But there's no moral, legal or half way sensible reason for paying more than one fine, since to can just arrange to meet the girl somewhere else the next night.

I don't see where is the scam. The business between the bar and the girl is not my business.

As a matter of fact, I am rather a cheap charlie. I take my own risks hooking up freelancers in the street. It happened to me once or twice that a freelancer asked me for a barfine. If it's not a barfine, they try whatever reason might be convincing to try to make some extra money once in the room. I hate that.

But what you describe is not the case. If freelancers don't enjoy paying a barfine to a boss who let them sollicit in his bar, they can go and sollicit customers in another place. Once again, it's not my business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users