69 replies to this topic

#21 Turk182

Turk182

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

It was hard to find this info on here especially since you can't search for the letter words - HIV.

You have 72 hours to get this medication into you if you think you have been exposed. The problems:
1. Not many options in Pattaya. Many in Bangkok.. Best and cheapest being thai red cross
2. General GPs cannot prescribe you this medication.. And they are not qualified to assess you anyway
3. Can only buy this medication from hospital (i have not read that any pharmacist sells it and my ground search from the most resourceful pharmacies resulted in nothing)
4. Very very expensive.. And is said to have tough side effects, although the newer medicines have less so
5. There is no test to determine if you should or shouldn't take PEP. This is because you have only 72 hours (ideally within hours of exposure) - no tests work in such a short time (there is a rapid test which gives kind of rough estimates but it takes a week wait before the test can be taken). And symptoms don't show till weeks later (acute hiv symptoms). The funny thing is GP just say wait 7 days to get tested and then manage from there.. Uhmm then it will be two late

Now the main thing... If you are in Pattaya then you don't want to take a journey to bkk for this perhaps. There are four places that do prescribe PEP medication in Pattaya

1. Bangkok hospital - i have read that the cost is 6-7000 thb including consultation and medicine
2. Pattaya international.. Same as above
3. Memorial hospital.. 3000 thb including consultation and medicine.

Medicine is taken for 28 days same time of day.. Do not stop or your hiv will be strong enough to mutate and not respond to other further treatments... You need to take all 28 days. Again taking pep for 28 days is not a guarantee that your hiv will not take hold (maybe your white cell count was already previously low and the hiv took a quicker hold; maybe the strain you have does not respond to the peps that you have been given).

This might be one good reason for blood test.. To get idea of strain (not sure how that works). The peps that are usually recommended are recovir-em (200/300mg..Two medicines in one) and edurant 25mg.

The best best thing to do is to ask the lb who you think infected you to go to testing clinic with you. Even if you have to pay her St/LT again. This way you can firstly find out if there was a risk of catching hiv and if so what strain she had. I cant begin to tell you how crazy the LBs are. Of the many many i have been sexual with they have always assumed we are doing everything bare back.. Just imagine.. It's only a matter of time before they all become carriers. I always bag up but do do bareback oral sex.

Next if you are in two minds whether or not to take pep then i would say it is a no brainer that you should do it. Even oral sex, which has the lowest risk infection is around 2 percent chance. Now take your entire life's earning and future earnings + non monetary things like family/friends/gfs, etc and try and put a monetary value to them.. Them multiply all that by 0.02 .. And if it comes to more than 3000 thb then go to memorial hospital and get those peps.

And if you want another incentive then probably you can take more risks while on peps because probably your body is not favorable place for any new hiv infections to create copies of themselves.

Good luck, happy mongering, stay safe and please don't let alcohol and drugs impair your judgment. Because eventually you may be able to stop drugs and drinks but you may still want and do things when sober that give you the high of things you did when under the influence (speaking from personal experience). Normal things (eg. Sex with gg) will never be exciting enough.

Appreciate you taking the time to post this, you never know if one of us may need it at some point!

#22 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:06 PM

Sorry forgot the fourth one: dr philippe seur @ heartt2000.org. He is super committed and helpful but i think he is a one man show trying to tackle a big target population .. Thais with hiv and farangs. It is hard to find him and get his time for getting the prescription but if you do then you are further rewarded that he is one of the most affordable options in Thailand

Heard that that french doctor has been practising illegally without national medical license in Thailand plus price for medications are totally overpriced.

My friends are not going there anymore  they go to Bangkok.

#23 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

I think you have got the cost of the PEP wrong I recently spoke to a BM who had a huge risk and got everything from Bkk to the tune of around €1500

Edit - and he said the full course of medicine was not available in pattaya thus travelling to bkk

Found this on the internet, in Bangkok though

HOW MUCH DOES THE HIV PEP COST?

The usual costs invovled are:

1. Consultation                              800 THB

2. Rapid HIV test                         1000 THB

3. PEP Medications                     3000 THB

Total cost  4800THB

4. Treatment for possible sexually transmitted infections (additional cost)

ref : http://www.sathorncl...om/hiv-std/pep/

#24 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:12 PM

mdication price list

PrEP and PEP

something for us to check

http://www.sathorncl...om/hiv-std/pep/

http://www.sathornclinic.com/prep/

http://www.sathorncl...c/care-for-poz/

#25 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Mentioned on their Thai page, read that they provide private discreet FREE rapid HIV and Syphilis screening for gay/ladyboys/transgenders.

http://www.sathornclinic.com/th/

Will find this clinic and give a try.

#26 opps1

opps1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

POPULAR

Heard that that french doctor has been practising illegally without national medical license in Thailand plus price for medications are totally overpriced.

My friends are not going there anymore  they go to Bangkok.

completely incorrect, Dr Philippe is licenced and has helped many thousands of people in Thailand with HIV for no personal profit in 20 years of practicing here. I know this personally, I am one of his patients and I can honestly say I am not sure I would have felt comfortable to remain living in Thailand with HIV without him at the early stages of my diagnoses.

He has negotiated direct deals on meds to get the best prices from generic manufacturers and has a good relationship with many Thai doctors including several at Bumrungrad.  Also he was consulted by the Thai FDA when meds HIV meds were introduced in Thai goverment hospitals. His work has even been offically reconsided by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

He doesn't even charge a doctor fee FFS!

If you want overpriced meds and indifferent service please go to Memorial or BHP.

Some meds at Thai red cross might be slightly cheaper but you pay a doctor fee there which more or less cancels out the saving, and meds there are subsidised by the Global Red Cross. The doctors generally are good but you never see the same one twice and you pay a doctor fee and have to queue up for several hours before getting to see a doctor.

If you are a non Thai national needing HIV treatment in Pattaya no where else comes close.

• Blodstrupmoen, Podrick and mervin like this

#27 opps1

opps1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

Found this on the internet, in Bangkok though

HOW MUCH DOES THE HIV PEP COST?

The usual costs invovled are:

1. Consultation                              800 THB

2. Rapid HIV test                         1000 THB

3. PEP Medications                     3000 THB

Total cost  4800THB

4. Treatment for possible sexually transmitted infections (additional cost)

ref : http://www.sathorncl...om/hiv-std/pep/

Thai red cross is cheaper for PEP

#28 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:43 AM

LB Lover

• photo-thumb-95775.jpg?_r=1447740904
  • Member +
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 111 posts
Awesome

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Some meds at Thai red cross might be slightly cheaper but you pay a doctor fee there which more or less cancels out the saving, and meds there are subsidised by the Global Red Cross. The doctors generally are good but you never see the same one twice and you pay a doctor fee and have to queue up for several hours before getting to see a doctor.

And you have to wait long time at Red Cross

#29 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:55 AM

completely incorrect, Dr Philippe is licenced and has helped many thousands of people in Thailand with HIV for no personal profit in 20 years of practicing here. I know this personally, I am one of his patients and I can honestly say I am not sure I would have felt comfortable to remain living in Thailand with HIV without him at the early stages of my diagnoses.

He has negotiated direct deals on meds to get the best prices from generic manufacturers and has a good relationship with many Thai doctors including several at Bumrungrad.  Also he was consulted by the Thai FDA when meds HIV meds were introduced in Thai goverment hospitals. His work has even been offically reconsided by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

He doesn't even charge a doctor fee FFS!

If you want overpriced meds and indifferent service please go to Memorial or BHP.

If you are a non Thai national needing HIV treatment in Pattaya no where else comes close.

Have you ever seen his Thai National License Number ???????????

All licensed doctor in the kingdom can be checked through Thai Medical Council website  http://tmc.or.th/check_md/

I have checked and I did not find his name listed. 

#30 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:57 AM

At Dr.Phillippe Seur, is it cheaper than this?  If yes, I can tell my friends in Pattaya to go to get PEP from him. They don't have to come to Bangkok anymore.

#31 opps1

opps1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:01 AM

POPULAR

At Dr.Phillippe Seur, is it cheaper than this?  If yes, I can tell my friends in Pattaya to go to get PEP from him. They don't have to come to Bangkok anymore.

Phillippe ONLY treats paitents who are HIV+, he DOES NOT provide PEP which is a med that can be taken within 72 hours of exposure to a possable HIV infection. If you contacted him asking you about PEP in Pattaya he would probably refer you to Memorial hospital where the consultation and meds cost would be simular to the clinic you are promoting, and you would save a couple of hours for the trip to BKK, remember the sooner you start PEP the better!

PEP and PrEP explained in this link:

http://www.adamslove.../en-d.php?id=72

There is a  good review of getting PEP from the Saltorn clinic that you are promoting here by '4skin'

http://www.ladyboysp...lk-ive-ever-had

not saying there is anything wrong with the Saltorn clinic, i have never attended it. I am sure it as good as any other commerical hospital or clinic and if you want PEP your priority should be starting the treatment within 72 hours of the possable infection, not the cheapest price for the Med as it is a one time payment anyway, but the most cost effective ongoing HIV care for a non Thai National in LOS will always be an NGO over a commerically run hospital or clinic becuase NGO's aren't in it to make a profit. For PrEP I know the price for TENO-EM is 1,360 baht a month from the Thai red cross, yes you have to queue up to be seen there. Pattaya LB's can get PrEP FREE from 'sisters pattaya', telephone number 033035367, FB:

https://www.facebook...125429590806321

Finally I would be very careful of accusing a Doctor of not being a licenced doctor in LOS,with the Defamation laws here:

http://www.thailandl...n-thailand.html

inclusion in a public list is optional and Dr Philippe may have family reasons in france for not wanting his name to be listed in the public domain.

Also how are you spelling his name in Thai anyway when accessing the given link? Translating a French name into Thai script you would have so many possable spelling combinations to try, there are 3 different 'S' sounds in Thai for just the first letter of his surname, (ศ ษ ส) even popular place names in Thailand do not always have a consistent conversion between being writen in Thai and with Western letters, for example how many spelling have you seen of 'ซอย บัวขาว' into western letters for example Soi Buakhaw, Soi Buokow, Soi Buakhao, Soi Buakhaow etc etc so how many thai interpritations of the name ''Philippe Suer' did you try? and going from French to thai script you have tone marks to think about too! There must be hundreds of possable combinations to come out with something that sounds like Philippe Suer in Thai script!

By all means promote a place to get HIV testing, PrEP, PEP etc in LOS, as many places and options that are promoted for this the better IMO but please do not make unsubstantiated claims about other options for people living with HIV especially when that Dr has used his own time and money to help thousands of people and saved many many Thai peoples lives before affordable HIV meds were available to the general Thai population from goverment hospitals in Thailand.

Edited by opps1, 17 October 2016 - 06:11 AM.

• insearchofxxx, Blodstrupmoen, Podrick and 1 other like this

#32 Podrick

Podrick

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

Oh and by the way Mi Amigos...     WHY   are so many forgetting  the SAFER SEX    message that works so well for so many in the LGBT  community in the West?

Condoms DO WORK WELL   and there is still a huge amount of truly disgusting sex u can have that is   not going to give u a life threatening disease       .  Just a very sore botty in the morning  xxxxxx  ..                                                             Rubber gloves anyone? :ph34r:

#33 dannyboy

dannyboy

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

Oh and by the way Mi Amigos... WHY are so many forgetting the SAFER SEX message that works so well for so many in the LGBT community in the West?

Condoms DO WORK WELL and there is still a huge amount of truly disgusting sex u can have that is not going to give u a life threatening disease . Just a very sore botty in the morning xxxxxx .. Rubber gloves anyone? :ph34r:

Spot on Podrick, it does seems more people are now taking risks they wouldn't of before since they have become aware of PEP..
  • Podrick likes this

#34 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Phillippe ONLY treats paitents who are HIV+, he DOES NOT provide PEP which is a med that can be taken within 72 hours of exposure to a possable HIV infection. If you contacted him asking you about PEP in Pattaya he would probably refer you to Memorial hospital where the consultation and meds cost would be simular to the clinic you are promoting, and you would save a couple of hours for the trip to BKK, remember the sooner you start PEP the better!

PEP and PrEP explained in this link:

http://www.adamslove.../en-d.php?id=72

There is a  good review of getting PEP from the Saltorn clinic that you are promoting here by '4skin'

http://www.ladyboysp...lk-ive-ever-had

not saying there is anything wrong with the Saltorn clinic, i have never attended it. I am sure it as good as any other commerical hospital or clinic and if you want PEP your priority should be starting the treatment within 72 hours of the possable infection, not the cheapest price for the Med as it is a one time payment anyway, but the most cost effective ongoing HIV care for a non Thai National in LOS will always be an NGO over a commerically run hospital or clinic becuase NGO's aren't in it to make a profit. For PrEP I know the price for TENO-EM is 1,360 baht a month from the Thai red cross, yes you have to queue up to be seen there. Pattaya LB's can get PrEP FREE from 'sisters pattaya', telephone number 033035367, FB:

https://www.facebook...125429590806321

Finally I would be very careful of accusing a Doctor of not being a licenced doctor in LOS,with the Defamation laws here:

http://www.thailandl...n-thailand.html

inclusion in a public list is optional and Dr Philippe may have family reasons in france for not wanting his name to be listed in the public domain.

Also how are you spelling his name in Thai anyway when accessing the given link? Translating a French name into Thai script you would have so many possable spelling combinations to try, there are 3 different 'S' sounds in Thai for just the first letter of his surname, (ศ ษ ส) even popular place names in Thailand do not always have a consistent conversion between being writen in Thai and with Western letters, for example how many spelling have you seen of 'ซอย บัวขาว' into western letters for example Soi Buakhaw, Soi Buokow, Soi Buakhao, Soi Buakhaow etc etc so how many thai interpritations of the name ''Philippe Suer' did you try? and going from French to thai script you have tone marks to think about too! There must be hundreds of possable combinations to come out with something that sounds like Philippe Suer in Thai script!

By all means promote a place to get HIV testing, PrEP, PEP etc in LOS, as many places and options that are promoted for this the better IMO but please do not make unsubstantiated claims about other options for people living with HIV especially when that Dr has used his own time and money to help thousands of people and saved many many Thai peoples lives before affordable HIV meds were available to the general Thai population from goverment hospitals in Thailand.

Why dont you just go to his clinic and ask for his license ???? Does it come as alphabet or digit number?
Better than spending time trying to explain Thai letters...........or defamation law. Guess that s quite a waste of our time.

PS !!!!
No national-licensed doctor will be hidden from the Thai Medical Counsil Online Checking System if he or she really have national license provided by Thai Medical Counsil.
The system is for the benefits of patients to be able to check which doctor are they seeing and if he or she really licensed in the kingdom.

Practising without a license might be illegal too, what do you think about that?

We shall support everyone helping our community safer from HIV and diseases.
But if being a doctor in a country doesn't need a license, everyone can be doctor and do whatever he likes and then it can harm people unintentionally, what do you think? 

If you do know about law, then you should know better if it is legal or illegal to practice as a doctor without license.
Anyway we have gone too far from the topic. So safe sex, use condom, get PrEP, end HIV.

​Good luck
;)

#35 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

Spot on Podrick, it does seems more people are now taking risks they wouldn't of before since they have become aware of PEP..

Did you know that after period of PrEP and HIV treatment at diagnosis, 
this strategy has already helped San Francisco reduced new HIV infection while every other countries are having the rise of HIV infection.

https://www.poz.com/...-hiv-27489-4915

That is surely useful to know.

#36 opps1

opps1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

Why dont you just go to his clinic and ask for his license ???? Does it come as alphabet or digit number?
Better than spending time trying to explain Thai letters...........or defamation law. Guess that s quite a waste of our time.

PS !!!!
No national-licensed doctor will be hidden from the Thai Medical Counsil Online Checking System if he or she really have national license provided by Thai Medical Counsil.
The system is for the benefits of patients to be able to check which doctor are they seeing and if he or she really licensed in the kingdom.

Practising without a license might be illegal too, what do you think about that?

We shall support everyone helping our community safer from HIV and diseases.
But if being a doctor in a country doesn't need a license, everyone can be doctor and do whatever he likes and then it can harm people unintentionally, what do you think? 

If you do know about law, then you should know better if it is legal or illegal to practice as a doctor without license.
Anyway we have gone too far from the topic. So safe sex, use condom, get PrEP, end HIV.

​Good luck
;)

I am not going to waste my doctors time by making a special visit to waste his valuable time by asking for his quatlifactions because an user that registered  anonymously forum a few days ago who's main motivation appears to be promoting one commercially run clinic in Bangkok has told me he is not a real doctor. I will be next due to see him in 4 months time when am due to do my labs and get my ARV meds refiled.

Might ask him then but maybe you could tell me about your own motivations for trying to discredit him?

His practice is not even in direct competition with the clinic you appear to be her to promote, he DOES NOT provide PEP or PrEP at his practice and really only has paitents who are ALREADY HIV+ so not sure why your 'friends' who are looking for PEP treatment find his services for this treatment overpriced, when he DOES NOT provide this service

I can tell you all about me, I live full time in the Pattaya area, I tested positive for HIV on the 23rd of April 2015 and have been taking a daily ARV pill since May 2015.

So thanks for advising me to get PrEP, clearly PrEP for me would be totally inappropriate. Not sure how you would like me to 'end HIV', maybe one day there will be a cure but for now I am living with HIV. I am not spreading to however as I am undetectable.

Thanks for wishing me Good luck, yes despite being HIV+ I consider myself to be lucky and very fit, in no small way with thanks to being a patient of my allegedly 'fake' doctor 555

I am primarly attracted to Ladyboys which is why I am a member of ladyboyspattaya and I know personally a fair number of BM's here.

Who are you, and what exactly are your motivations for joining to the ladyboyspattaya forum?

• insearchofxxx and Blodstrupmoen like this

#37 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

You make it sound like you are the doctor philipp.
You are trying to protect a lot, reasons?

Listen, I have few friends who went there (not for PEP, but for monthly HIV treatment) and who paid 7000THB for monthly medications which cost only around 2000THB at Red Cross.
Yesterday you said "Thai red cross is cheaper ",   I TOTALLY AGREE !!!!

I am nothing against him, I have friends in Pattaya who need the medications like you do and I told my friends to go there to refill medications.

I want you to

1. Ask your doctor if he has license to practice as a medical doctor in the country. Hope to hear from you when you get the answer about that. 
2. Do you think he really respects the law and patients if he doesn't really have Thai Medical License?

3. And ask him why the medication price is as high as 4 times more expensive than in Red Cross when you told us he asked the pharmaceutical company to reduce price for people. Which medication?

What I want for all of us to help the world end HIV

- HIV positive people take medications to suppress HIV until they're undetectable and get tested twice a year
- High HIV risk people should consider taking PrEP (of course with condom) and get test regularly
- Low risk people do not have to take PrEP
that s how we can end HIV, mister. And for you being undetectable is a real GREAT thing.

#38 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:39 AM

Dr Philippe I believe runs a two tier system. One price for expats which is higher so that he can give free or heavily discounted meds to poorer locals. He is quite open about this. His expat price is still cheaper than BPH for expats who cannot afford to go there.

#39 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:49 AM

I am here because of PEP topic and I wanted to list the thing I know, but let's have a look at details

1.Posted Yesterday, 06:17 PM "he DOES NOT provide PEP or PrEP at his practice"
Posted Yesterday, 05:01 AM "Phillippe ONLY treats paitents who are HIV+, he DOES NOT provide PEP"

3.Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:14 AM There are four places that do prescribe PEP medication in Pattaya

1. Bangkok hospital - i have read that the cost is 6-7000 thb including consultation and medicine
   2. Pattaya international.. Same as above
   3. Memorial hospital.. 3000 thb including consultation and medicine.

4.Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

Sorry forgot the fourth one: dr philippe seur @ heartt2000.org.

I am a little confused here. Not sure if things are clear.
And then when I read more in this topic, I sensed something unclear...

Then when I doubt if my friend's rumour is true or not you reply
1.Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM "Dr Philippe is licenced"
2.Posted Yesterday, 06:17 PM I am not going to waste my doctors time by making a special visit to waste his valuable time by asking for his quatlifactions

So how did you know he is really licensed at first? and then twist your word saying you're not gonna ask.
I think you are quite defensive and manipulative.

EVERYBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW IF HIS DOCTOR IS LEGALLY LICENSED OR NOT.
IT IS LISTED AS PATIENT'S RIGHT "
ผู้ป่วยมีสิทธิจะได้รับทราบชื่อ สกุลและประเภทของผู้ประกอบวิชาชีพด้านสุขภาพทีÉเป็นผู้ให้บริการแก่ตน" or "A patient's right to know encompasses various types of disclosure regarding health care. It typically covers health care outcomes, physician profiles and malpractice reporting, hospital performance and safety information."

SOMEONE PRACTICING WITHOUT LICENSE AND NOT ABLE TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO PATIENT IS CONSIDERED VIOLATING THE HUMAN RIGHT AND PATIENT RIGHT.

#40 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:51 AM

Dr Philippe I believe runs a two tier system. One price for expats which is higher so that he can give free or heavily discounted meds to poorer locals. He is quite open about this. His expat price is still cheaper than BPH for expats who cannot afford to go there.

Dear Ibshagger, thank you about that, in that case I understand.
We all love living in Thailand, and I believe we should make it right.

Edited by weknow, 18 October 2016 - 02:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users