77 replies to this topic

#61 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,718 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

Nope mate, 
Let's look at who speak up without evidence

opps1 : Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM "Dr Philippe is licenced" and then ran away
ausmagoo :
Posted Today, 10:42 AM I would say that he has been checked out fully and they have made the decision that he can carry out what he is doing as he meets the rules and regulations that they are in place for to administer.

So you have nothing but innuendo.

You have been given a fair go.... so I would suggest you take the advice given to you... please desist.

cheers
  • opps1 likes this

#62 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,718 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

So all you have done is post a personal email address and the person says they cannot find if he has a license.

cheers
  • opps1 likes this

#63 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

[]
Well if who ever made that search used the that way of writing his name in Thai then it's no wonder it didn't come up. If you had been arsed to just put that through google translate yourself you would have seen the search was made for a Dr. Philip Spencer. A issue that Opps1 pointed out for you earlier but you quickly dismissed. There is no standard way to translate foreign names in to Thai script. 
I'm not a patient of Phillipe and have only met him once so I'm not going to contact him to ask for any proof. Maybe Opps1 will do when he's back from Singapore if he can be arsed but highly doubt it. You have obviously not been in Thailand very long if you believe that a foreigner will be allowed to operate as he does illegally for almost two decades and even at the same time having that high public profile. It just does not happen.
  • mervin and opps1 like this

#64 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

I'm not a patient of Phillipe and have only met him once so I'm not going to contact him to ask for any proof. 

That's the coolest thing I have ever heard from here so far. 

Edited by weknow, 19 October 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#65 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

On to an other subject regarding that clinic you are promoting.

I had a look at the website and it looks very good. My only concern is that I see they have hired a foreigner there. 

That in it self is not an issue of course as long as this person have been provided with the necessary work permit which is needed even for volunteer work in Thailand. I hope he is not just relying on his student visa from Chula university as that would mean that both him and his employer is in breach of the Thai immigration laws.

He might of course have all his papers in order for what I know. Just putting it out there.  

• opps1 likes this

#66 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

ฝิลิปป์ เซอร์ is how he spells his name, you had his given name incorrect.

#67 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,718 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

I have read and fully understood.

Also you have given a personal email address on here and I see that it is not your email address so you have not right to post other peoples personnel details and I suggest you read the rules of the forum..

The posts with the details in it will be deleted.

The topic is about PEP... I suggest you get back on topic.

cheers
  • opps1 likes this

#68 ttggbb

ttggbb

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

As this article points out and as the opponents of widespread PrEP usage, STDs are on the rise and some blame it on PrEP and people's reckless disregard for common because they are on PrEP. A new epidemic has begun!!

Sexually Transmitted Disease Cases Hit New High in U.S. by MAGGIE FOX More cases of sexually transmitted diseases were reported last year than ever before, federal officials said Wednesday — just as state and local health departments that could help fight them lose funding. More than 1.5 million people were reported with chlamydia, the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. The CDC recorded nearly 400,000 cases of gonorrhea and nearly 24,000 cases of syphilis. Related: 3 Common STDs Are Becoming Untreatable "The STD epidemic is getting worse in the United States and, in fact, is at its highest levels yet," said Dr. Jonathan Mermin, director of CDC's National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. The CDC reported a record year for STDs in 2014, also, but the trend is worsening, Mermin told NBC News. "Last year was the first year that we saw increases but those increases are actually continuing and at a higher rate," Mermin said. 10/19/2016 nbcnews.com http://www.nbcnews.c...igh­u­s­n6690512/4 The new numbers translate to a 19 percent increase in syphilis cases, a 13 percent rise in gonorrhea and a 6 percent increase in chlamydia, Mermin said. While some of the new numbers may be due to better reporting of cases, most of the rise appears to be a real increase in new infections, he said. "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT TALKING ABOUT SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE PREVENTION INCREASES SEXUAL ACTIVITY." Gay and bisexual men account for many of the new cases, and the biggest numbers are among young adults, especially those in their late teens and early 20s. "Half of all STDs occur in youth under age 20," Mermin said. Part of the increase may be due to better treatment for HIV, which may make people believe — usually wrongly — they do not need to use condoms. CDC officials say. At the same time, state and local health departments are losing funding. "That is correlated with an eroding infrastructure for sexually transmitted disease clinics," Mermin said. "In 2012 alone, half of state public health programs had to close some of those clinics." That means young people most vulnerable to new infection have fewer places to go for help, advice, testing and treatment, he said. All three infections can be cured with antibiotics, but people often don't even know they are infected. In the early stages none of them cause obvious symptoms.

Edited by ttggbb, 20 October 2016 - 01:53 AM.

#69 opps1

opps1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

POPULAR

Anyway I am off to Singapore for a couple of days,

opps1 : Posted  and then ran away

I already told you I was going to go to be in Singapore for a few days, so please don't acuse me of running away. Do you seriously think I dedicate all my time to chatting to anonymous people on the internet?

In the last few days while I was away I see you have posted private e-mails and email addresses which had to be removed by the forum moderators. As someone who is HIV+ I need to be assured of my confidentiality so I would have serious reservations in using the Sathorn Clinic while someone like you appears to be associated with it, for fear that my own private emails and email address could be posted on a public internet forum. This is a shame because otherwise it looks like a decent clinic.

I do feel that your whole approach here is very misguided and has actually left the clinic you appear to be associated with looking in a bad light with your consistent negative attempts to discredit another doctor and organisation.

Maybe you should read this about the dangers of negative marketing:

http://www.cision.co...tive-marketing/

Anyway at the request of the moderation team at ladyboyspattaya.com I will not be posting here anymore on the subject, and I will not be engaging any further with you unless you decide to reveal your true identity and motivations. In the unlikely event you wish to do so please feel free to send me a PM and we can continue this conversation face to face in Bangkok or Pattaya.

A picture says a thousand words and I will sign off with a picture from Getty images of the person whose reputation you appear to want to damage treating a poor sick Thai AIDS patient in their home for free.

Attached File  gettyimages.JPG   97.19KB   19 downloads

Edited by opps1, 21 October 2016 - 11:47 AM.

• Podrick, mervin and tumaraiyoo like this

#70 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

Why don't you just call phillipe yourself and ask him. Should be able to find his contact details on his webpage www.okwecare.com

#71 wolo

wolo

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

POPULAR

I've got a story about Pattaya and Pep. The information in this thread helped me and I feel now i can contribute to its content. As the previous information and my own experience may help another individuals in the same situation.

I'll be very direct with my story and honest, cause its the details that stressed me the most. I couldn't find the information to guide me

I recently visited Pattaya, i was very tired arriving there. Work had been tough in the lead up. I was only there 3 days when this incident occurred. I had been on a diving trip for over 12 hours and a bit pissed off with the duration. I got back to my hotel and was 50/50 on just going to sleep, but i didnt. I decided to go to Soi 6 instead, it was around 10 o'clock. I got dragged into a bar about half way down the street and stayed there until closing at 1am. The girl i had been hanging out with started to freak me out by constantly staring directly into my eye's, it was weird. So i gave here a good tip for hanging out and proceeded to head to the end of the street. I was immediately approached by a ladyboy with a skimpy pink outfit and matching hair, which was a wig. I agreed to have sex. We got a moped to some apartment in Soi 12. It was close to mine, but she refused to go to my hotel. She banged on the door of this place and kicked some ladyboy out. It felt wrong in honesty, but i stayed. We started to mess around and she was a bit too physical for me, but i was there. She kept asking if she could fuck me, i had a few drinks and was in the moment. I agreed once a condom was used and lube. She got one and asked me to turn around. I said no cause i'd tried that before and it hurt. Eventually i turned around and u know. Something wasnt right, after a short period i put my hand around.....There was no condom. She had removed it. I looked straight into her eye's and knew straight away...."U did that on purpose".......condom broke....."no it fucking didnt", "u didnt say". I was in shock, i cant explain it. Like the anger wasnt there. I through the money down and stormed out.

It's at this stage the fear set in. I jumped on my computer and started googling. I was in shock and didnt even mean to find the forum, but i did luckily enough. I didnt know pep existed. I tried to ring the hospital and explain i could have hiv, they weren't very receptive and fucked me off. I had to sleep. I had an hour or so maybe. I had convinced myself that it was fine, the chances were low I'd crossed swords with someone with it. The medication seemed expensive and it was meant to be heavy shit.....but that guy from the earlier posts, he made sure. He was lucky, but he knew. I cleared my safe of all my money and left the hotel at like 7am.

Money talks in Pattaya, it was all i had. I went back to the apartment complex and eventually found the apartment, it was night when i was there last. Eventually someone opened the door. The ladyboy who was kicked out the night before ushered me in quickly. I was trying to explain i needed to do a test with the ladyboy from last night and i would pay to do it. Someone in the bed said "i will 1000 baht". I said yes, but it didnt look like the lb from the night before. i agreed, i was in shock and just need reassurance from anyone. Very hard to explain. I gave her $50 before we got on the bike. We ended up back at Soi 6 and that's were i saw the lb from the night before. My drama had meant the boss lb had to know what was going down and she was introduced as a friend. She never said a word.

The lb from the night before kicked off hard from the go..."fuck you, i told you i no have hiv"..."fuck you farang". Then the other one who brought me there started kicking off screaming i hadnt paid. I was in shock, usually there would be blood shed at this point. I kept it together. So the lb who did all this goes 3000 bath. Yeah, lets go. She nearly fell over. Couldnt believe it. On the bike it was 4000 baht and when we arrived in Soi Bukho is was 5000 baht. It was very hard to keep focused. As the one who was claiming to not get paid had been spitting on me and screaming i was going to die from hiv. Lovely people,

In the clinic, there looking at this lb with a facial expression of familiarity. She gets her finger pricked, starts screaming and smears her blood across my white tshirt. Lots of abuse. I get mine done. Shortly after this, the two get into a debate in Thai. Time stops for me in that moment...so i butt in past my lb cunt...what does it say. In a quick response....positive for her....negative for you. My legs just went from under me. I was standing & then i wasnt. I was leaning against some bed thing. I was broken inside

There just ignoring me pretty much, my lb wants more money for some other kind of test they havent mentioned yet? i just asked were i had to go. This is important. You need to see the I.D doctor, level 3, Pattaya Bangkok Hospital. I through 3000 baht at that cunt and swiftly got all my bank cards and passport.

I was in major shock in the hospital. They had to hold my hands still to take my temperature. I was a mess. Every second was an eternity. The doctor doesn't start until 10am bye the way and there is a que. When i got in there and explained my situation. They wanted to see the lb and test her. That was my second mistake, At this stage its all about percentages and level's. If i had brought her to the hospital, i would of had far more information. Whether for better or worse. They have a pyramid for hiv and she said she would show me my level of risk. Its a pretty big graph. She pointed directly to the top. Receiving unprotected anal sex from a hiv positive male is the highest risk. The receiver is 4 times more likely to contract the virus. I'll be honest, i shed a tear. They advised a blood test was required, cause if it showed. There was nothing they could do. I was negative. They spoke to me about the tablets. Its all a bit foggy, for me it was like being told someone had died. Its the only emotion i've felt that comes close to it, sad to say. They had cheap one's and expensive one's. I was shocked at the price of the good one's. I was quoted 43,000 baht for a 28 day course. That shocked me. I purchased a two week coarse with the intention of getting more on my return home.

The days after were rough. The tablets are heavy shit, best to eat before you take one. The one in the middle of the night is a melt. The stress and that makes it hard to nod back off. I found alkaseltzer helped in the mornings. My holiday was a wright off. I went to the temple the next day and had to explain to a lb i had befriended on tinder what happened, she wanted to have sex and was upset i refused her. She thought it was how she looked. She took it well and pulled me aside at one point and said one thing "farang give to ladboy, ladyboy give to farang"

Anyway, i got home. Had to register in a hiv clinic. had to be assessed for risk to myself etc. Its been tough. I could accept it if it was an accident, but not like that. All the info on the net scared me to death. No one had a story like mine, or openly described there level of exposure. A lot of people take pep without even knowing if they were exposed and shite on about how it saved them. A straight up story could benefit everyone. I was very unlucky with who i met that night and who know's how many people she's done it to at this stage. Best not to think about these things.

My exposure was between 10-12hrs before i took the tablets. The lb did not ejaculate, there may have been pre-cum. I'm confident the lb was not taking anti viral medication and had a high hiv level. The clinics were not confident i would come through and either was i. After 4 weeks of pep and almost 6 weeks. My blood test is currently negative for hiv. Its optimistic and I'm hopeful.

Take what you will from this story. This tread pushed me to get the answer i needed and the process i needed to follow. I don't come on here much, so apologies if i don't get back to anyone. I'm just through this up to help others who have had an incident and are struggling with the situation.

For others who are shitting it, you can take prep if you want a few weeks before having sex with lb's or males. But always wear protection.

On reflection.....The more random hook ups you have, the greater the risk. Find someone you like, offer to pay for them to be tested and spend some time with them. That's the smartest play.

• petesie, Rambo2201, mervin and 2 others like this

#72 tumaraiyoo

tumaraiyoo

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Wolo, I would be confident that you are Negative for HIV.

Despite your exposure you would have been at a very low risk of exposure unless you perhaps had any open sore / std or anal tear evident at the time (which you did not mention). The insertive participant didn't ejaculate either.

This plus the fact that you had PEP so soon after exposure and your Neg testing at 4 and 6 weeks says to me that you are fine.

I know the worry though...I have had over 30 HIV tests in the 15 years I have lived in and visited Thailand...even had a false Positive test.....but DON'T SWEAT IT!!!! 

All the best.

T

Edited by tumaraiyoo, 11 August 2017 - 09:17 AM.

• wolo likes this

#73 glenlivet76

glenlivet76

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

Jesus Christ...
A truly horrific experience for you hope everything works out mate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#74 Rambo2201

Rambo2201

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Wolo, I would be confident that you are Negative for HIV.
Despite your exposure you would have been at a very low risk of exposure unless you perhaps had any open sore / std or anal tear evident at the time (which you did not mention). The insertive participant didn't ejaculate either.
This plus the fact that you had PEP so soon after exposure and your Neg testing at 4 and 6 weeks says to me that you are fine.
I know the worry though...I have had over 30 HIV tests in the 15 years I have lived in and visited Thailand...even had a false Positive test.....but DON'T SWEAT IT!!!! 
All the best.
T

You got a ' false positive'.....ya? I'd be interested to hear how that came about.

#75 tumaraiyoo

tumaraiyoo

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

You got a ' false positive'.....ya? I'd be interested to hear how that came about.

Shit happens  :)

Causes of false positives are complicated technically, if you can rule out clerical errors and cross contamination....which in my case these factors were not present as it was a rapid test performed in front of me with the test strip and blood draw equipment (disposable) being opened in my presence.

So the reason for my false positive can probably be described as a poorly designed diagnostic algorithm of the test with the manufacturers assumption that the target population remains serologically stable; whereby my (theoretically) heightened CD5+ and early B-lymphocyte response cross-reactivity were the probable cause of the HIV false positivity.
The nurse performing the test was also incompetent in my opinion. 
I now self-test with  WHO approved kits which I purchase from a trusted source.
Once in a while I get a health check and get an ELISA test performed at a pathologists when I get routine blood work done. Which is only every couple of years.....I hate needles, tests and doctors surgeries LOL
Still negative (thankfully) after 20+ years mongering in Asia.
While HIV is difficult to catch...there are plenty of other STDs that aren't so stay safe people.

cheers,

T

• Rambo2201 likes this

#76 wolo

wolo

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

T is completely spot on,

Rapid tests have a margin for error. The percentages are very low for this. Globally, if someone hits a positive on a rapid test they are required to do a second test, which isn't a rapid test. If the second test is positive you know you have contracted it. There's different ways they do this. The most solid is sending your blood to a lab. I tired to do one last week and was refused. The reason is that a rapid test can only pick up hiv in a person after 3 months. So even if you get a person tested on the spot, if there newly exposed the test wont pick it up anyway. The test works off your bodies defense and white blood cell count, or something along those lines.

When i was told about the false positive over the phone in a call to a clinic were i lived. I started to put more pieces together in what happened, cause i needed to know.

The ladyboy in the clinic mentioned the second test before the nurse in my case. I thought nothing of it at the time, she was demanding more money to do it and at the time i had heard enough. In the hospital they wanted to test the ladyboy, thats were i fucked up. That test would of answered a lot of questions. I should of got her tested completely to confirm there wasnt a false positive. I started clinging to the hope it was, cause i was desperate. I went back to the clinic in Soi Bukho a few days into the aftermath looking for more answers. I went in there hard and they didnt want to talk at all, It's bad for business with customers and scares the living shit out of them sitting there waiting. I asked two questions, already knowing the answers to both. Did the lb do the second test that she was shaking me down for. You need to remember she seemingly had been newly diagnosed. Wouldn't you pay for your test yourself, if you did. She had been handed 3000 baht? They answered no, she didnt. They didnt like me being there asking questions about another client, so i pushed one more question. Had she been there before? They answered yes, 3 months ago. I asked did she fail then. No was the response and i said, then how did she know about the second test for the false positive. You never mentioned it. She looked away, i just replied. You've given me my answer.

Look guy's i held back on aspects of the incident on purpose, cause Pattaya's alright and there's heaps of good, fun people there, who play safe. I just met a bad one that night. I only posted this experience to help someone who has had an incident. I've listed my mistakes, people will make there own. Get the lb properly tested if you hit a positive on the rapid test. You might not need to take the tablets and have a shit holiday.

• petesie likes this

#77 Kris80

Kris80

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

snipped

I understand your concerns and worry, in time it will pass.Frankly I wouldn't have bothered with testing the LB just go for PEP anyway.

I generally assume that everyone lies about their HIV status.Especially the ones doing "party" scene.

Your panic is probably unwarranted but understandable. When I first barebacked for 10 seconds a latin trans in 2012 I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks(back then I didn't knew about hiv transmission rates and PEP).

They probably ripped you off a bit with the pills, I think Pulse Clinic in BKK would charge you less. PEP from what I read is highly effective up to 36 hours and can be taken as late as 72 hours.

Also HIV today isn't a death sentence really, a very irritating annoyance when treated, but there far worse conditions out there.

#78 wolo

wolo

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Hey Kris,

We have completely different outlooks on subject, i would deal with it the same manner in a heart beat, hands down. A scare is one thing. An exposure is another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users