OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
  • Interests:You know...

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

POPULAR

So once again, I spent over an hour searching through our forum and couldnt really find any decent information about this place, I didnt want to double post as Im not interested in keeping my post numbers up anymore :) but I would like to contribute a little back to the community.

I did see an extensive review of Fire and Stone Pizzeria on the PA website and last night I had an appetite for a pizza.

Now on their website, the location is misleading. The actual restaurant is further down Pattaya Klang/Central Road, past the lights at 2nd Road towards Beach Road, almost 100 metres before Beach Rd and you can see the carpark enrty to Basaya Hotel across the road.

Its right next door to Alibaba Indian Restaurant and its a small place. Ive included the website for further info.

http://www.fireandstonepizzeria.com/

We went there about 9.30pm and only one table was busy so I was happy as I dont like crowded places. They seemed to be busy with deliveries though.

1.jpg

Now one of my best mates owns 2 pizza shops back in Sydney and one of them is quite a large restaurant, I had the misfortune of helping him out when he first opened up so I know a little about pizza.

I actually live in "Little Italy" back home and have grown up with Italians and spent every xmas with them until I met Thailand :) so I would say Im quite the connoisseur when it comes to Italian food. 

The chef is an actual Italian from Abzruzzo, you cant get more hardcore than that!

He stretched the dough out in front of me, none of this readily made shite bases like Pizza Hut. He also used real toppings, real ham and mushrooms, all cut on the premises.

They had a choice of 12" and 14" pizza's on the menu but there were some young lads who ordered the 14's and it was quite large for me so I opted for the 12" Capricciosa with ham,mushrooms,olives etc for 260 baht.

I must admit, it was delicious and I would say that it would make a 9 out of 10 on the Ozzy scale, You dont mind do you Mr.Unix?

3.jpg

My companion ordered a spicy spaghetti cooked with Italian oil and garlic, shreds of ham and chilli, it had a long Italian name, number 44 on the menu and I think that cost 250 baht and she is one of those typical Thai's that hates falang food or all things oily, she said it was arroy mak mak!

It seemed a little on the smaller side and it probably would not have been enough for me without and entree.

2.jpg

All in all, a very pleasant experience for the price, fuck paying 380 baht at Pizza Company for that shite, this was the real deal and I will be back!!!

• stickyfingers, Mr Unix, petesie and 10 others like this

#2 stash

stash

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:16 AM

What is the price range of the pizzas?Do they come in two sizes?

#3 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

What is the price range of the pizzas?Do they come in two sizes?

:blink:  Is that a trick question? Did you just look at the pictures only? Damn you must be hungry!

There are 2 different sizes, 12" and 14".

Typically if the 12" is 260 baht like the one I bought, then the 14" is between 310-340 baht depending on the choice of pizza.

#4 stash

stash

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

I guess the question is in the smaller size pizzas,what is the range of price or are they all B260?

#5 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

I guess the question is in the smaller size pizzas,what is the range of price or are they all B260?

Mate, I'll do you one better! Since I started the thread, I shouldve included the menu hey? but you can get a standard Margherita for 190 baht but over all I think the prices are pretty decent in comparison to that of Pizza Company and definitely better pizza's.

10888826_1506998952907174_7911678435396009064_n.jpg

#6 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Yep Ozzy, hardcore Italian pizza, saw calzone on the menu. Thanks for sharing

#7 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

Not the calzone I'm used too, where its minced beef and folded in half, looks like a giant pasty.

#8 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Its like the Capricosa, I know that as Prosiutto funghi. Still it will be fun makes a change from Aroi Dee on second road

#9 stash

stash

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the full menu.I will have to check it out when I have a chance in the coming weeks.

#10 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

Its like the Capricosa, I know that as Prosiutto funghi. Still it will be fun makes a change from Aroi Dee on second road

Yep I like my ham's, salami's and especially Prosciutto's so it was a nice pizza.

Thanks for the full menu.I will have to check it out when I have a chance in the coming weeks.

I dont usually do much western food when Im here but Im on my last week out of 4 weeks now and Ive had enough Pad Ka Paow and Gai Soup :)

#11 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:21 AM

Looks the business m8 and I'm defo going too try it out, they do Peroni beer as well? a change is as good as a rest ;)

#12 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:53 AM

Looks the business m8 and I'm defo going too try it out, they do Peroni beer as well? a change is as good as a rest ;)

They've got the typical beers and a few interesting wine's but I didnt really check it out, I stuck to the coke as it was my liver's day off from alcohol...

#13 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

No worries Ozzy :), thanks again for the useful info.

#14 Malcolm Buggeridge

Malcolm Buggeridge

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:Money, earning it, spending it.
    Goading Fat lads, Great Fashion, Fine Dining
    Boasting, being belligerent.
    Excercise, Amazonian Ladymen.
    THFC, Middlesex CCC

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

Gave this a try yesterday evening, can honestly say that the pizza was first class you can tell that the ingredients and the doe base are all high quality.

No more Pizza Hut for me.

Emerald

#15 Guest_P&G_*

Guest_P&G_*

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

So, you guys go to Thailand to eat pizzas !  :blink:

And I go there to meet German ladies. :Smile 3:

• Slacker likes this

#16 aussiemale

aussiemale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Shit!!...wish I knew about this place when I was there a few weeks ago... :Cry 1:

#17 tjw4

tjw4

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

Ive ate here, amazing place. I usually go every second day or so.

#18 torqueshit

torqueshit

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

It's the best

#19 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

This is the place that used to be at the beach end of Soi 6 ? Used to be a good place to watch the sheepish looks of some of the Soi's potential customers as they headed that way. I'll agree with P&G that 'when in Thailand' but sometimes a good pizza will help you soak up the alcohol. I also found an Italian place in Central that served a good pizza last trip. The mozzarella and tomato salad was so-so but the portion was absolutely massive for a starter. Had to forgo half of it to get the pizza down.

#20 Nazzathai

Nazzathai

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

When in at 10 last night and they said delivery only.
Who shuts a restaurant in Pattaya before 10? Nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users