94 replies to this topic

#41 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

They stated the speed for the ferry will be 27 kmh.

It is 27 knots so about 50km/ hr.
So about 2h and a bit is more realistic.
It is almost door to door - leaves and arrives from the central piers.

#42 LWFM

LWFM

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Interests:The good, the bad and the ugly of Thailand.

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

Is this the ferry they will use?  ....  hardly capable of 75 klms.  Perhaps 20 knots with a good life jacket.   :rolleyes: 

Ferry-to-Pattaya-2017.jpeg?resize=640%2C

#43 kwan

kwan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:The Ladymen of Jomtien

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Attached Images

• HH.jpg

• insearchofxxx likes this

#44 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 10,521 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

They are offering FREE trial runs on the days leading up to the 1st of January launch.

#45 Thatllbeme

Thatllbeme

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

I'm in town from 23rd if anyone that knows me fancies getting on the free trial and back and having a night in huahin I'll be up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 10,521 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

They've hit a snag - the piers/docking might not be ready in time.

http://www.bangkokpo...ts-first-hurdle

#47 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

They've hit a snag - the piers/docking might not be ready in time.

http://www.bangkokpo...ts-first-hurdle

the black forces strike back again - Pattaya m.f.a at its best

the reason is ridiculous
- stating, Bali Hai pier needs a renovation to cater for the daily 150 passengers (no cars in the beginning!)
- but in parallel estimating that 10.000 passengers daily are using the pier

time for the army, to clear up the speedboat mafia again and this time: finally

#48 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 12,770 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

The majority of the 10k are the Chinese/Korean tourists on the buffet boat run.

Doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination or a maths degree to guess who is orchestrating that.

#49 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

Comparing the pier at koh tao to bali hai - the pier in pattaya is much bigger and stronger.
More brown envelopes required it seems!

#50 steve1915

steve1915

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

Sat here in krabi researching how to get from huahin to pattaya after new year i came across this on the interweb, ill report more when the time comes

http://www.thethaila...n-ferry-service

#51 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Sat here in krabi researching how to get from huahin to pattaya after new year i came across this on the interweb, ill report more when the time comes

http://www.thethaila...n-ferry-service

good luck!
... if you can reserve without paying a deposit - otherwise: NEVER EVER

#52 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

[quote name="steve1915" post="806873" timestamp="1482500945"]

My dear Steve1915, if someone is aggressive here: it is you.

I was just trying to give a well-meant advise, so that you don't loose money, in case you aren't aware of the latest news.

I do not know, how long you are coming to Thailand, I do not know how deep you follow Thailand news and I do not know, if you read the whole thread.
- If so, you'll be aware that this is already the 2nd try to establish that ferry line.
- If so, you are aware that Pattaya City Council was reported on Dec 9 to block the ferry line docking at Bali Hai, and the expected "final decision" in Bangkok on Dec 15 is currently unheard of.

Sorry, for trying to warn you. Go ahead!
  • mistergs likes this

#53 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

It does appear that the ferry is going ahead. The speedboats which were parked at bali hai pier have been moved out to make extra space for the ferry. These speedboats are now littering the beach along beach road as they have nowhere else to go.

#54 steve1915

steve1915

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

My dear Steve1915, if someone is aggressive here: it is you.

I was just trying to give a well-meant advise, so that you don't loose money, in case you aren't aware of the latest news.

I do not know, how long you are coming to Thailand, I do not know how deep you follow Thailand news and I do not know, if you read the whole thread.
- If so, you'll be aware that this is already the 2nd try to establish that ferry line.
- If so, you are aware that Pattaya City Council was reported on Dec 9 to block the ferry line docking at Bali Hai, and  the expected "final decision" in Bangkok on Dec 15 is currently unheard of.

Sorry, for trying to warn you. Go ahead!

Yes you are quite correct you dont know , and yes i am fully aware of the 2 previous failed attempts , now to quote your initial reply to my post i quote in capital letters " never ever good luck " now to me that ISNT a very friendly advice from one BM to another is it ? My agressin comes from dicks like you continuously trying to shoot me down in flames with your constant poisonous comments and sarcastic snipes
Now numbers dont lie and with over 4,400 comments and just over 1,500 likes it seems you just lie in wait to release your sarcastic condescending comments just for the sake of it , and as the numbers prove there isnt really anyone here that really cares what you have to say . This ends here and now . If you have nothing civil to say then dont say it !
Ive wasted enough of my time on you now so be a good lad and run along , go play with the busses or something, while us grown ups talk about adult stuff

#55 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 10,521 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

ferryboat2.jpg

After some confusion about whether the Gulf of Thailand ferry will be cancelled or not, the marine department in Pattaya has just announced that the service will be officially launched on 12th January 2017. According to Thai Rath, the ferry will take up to 339 passengers between Pattaya and Hua Hin. The maximum speed of the catamaran ferry is 32-34 knots and is expected to make the 113km crossing in about one hour and forty minutes. The road distance is 345km. The first trip leaves Hua Hin at 8:30am. The return journey leaves Pattaya at 3:30pm. The price of the ticket is 1,250 Baht per trip. It is estimated that 70% of the passengers will be people from tour groups and 30% independent travellers.

UPDATE 01: The ferry service will be available free of charge from 1-15 January 2016. After that, passengers will be charged 1,250 Baht. A second ferry, with a capacity of taking 260 passengers, will be added in March 2017. (Source NNB)

• steve1915 likes this

#56 steve1915

steve1915

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

ferryboat2.jpg

After some confusion about whether the Gulf of Thailand ferry will be cancelled or not, the marine department in Pattaya has just announced that the service will be officially launched on 12th January 2017. According to Thai Rath, the ferry will take up to 339 passengers between Pattaya and Hua Hin. The maximum speed of the catamaran ferry is 32-34 knots and is expected to make the 113km crossing in about one hour and forty minutes. The road distance is 345km. The first trip leaves Hua Hin at 8:30am. The return journey leaves Pattaya at 3:30pm. The price of the ticket is 1,250 Baht per trip. It is estimated that 70% of the passengers will be people from tour groups and 30% independent travellers.
UPDATE 01: The ferry service will be available free of charge from 1-15 January 2016. After that, passengers will be charged 1,250 Baht. A second ferry, with a capacity of taking 260 passengers, will be added in March 2017. (Source NNB)

Thank you for the update , fantastic news . I arrived in hua hin this afternoon and plan/hopw to use this service on the 7th when i go to pattaya. Landed at Suvaranabhumi at 8am this morning and got to hua hin at just after 11am , 3 hours driving and i know from personal experience the drive from huahin to pattaya is 5 hours plus , a journey im beginning to dislike intensely, the ferry costinga 1200 baht as compared with privatw taxi at 3000 baht or more or the much more uncomfortable mini van at 400 baht lets hope this time its a success.
3rd time lucky

#57 Thatllbeme

Thatllbeme

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

How does one get a free ticket?

#58 Nazzathai

Nazzathai

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

I'll try it. Seems the quickest way to visit my old digs in Chumphon.
Too few planes and the roads is too long back and forth.

#59 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,951 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

How does one get a free ticket?

It's 200 baht for the free ticket :blink:

Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry starts Jan 1, free until Jan 15

Has business and cattle class seating.  Looks like the inside of a wide bodied airplane.

http://www.bangkokpo...ee-until-jan-15

Edited by Tony Soprano, 30 December 2016 - 12:39 PM.

#60 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,167 posts
  • Interests:Manchester United
    Amy Winehouse

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

You'll be lucky to find a taxi to take you all the way to Hua Hin; they usually sub-contract you at BKK.  ;)

This guy will, took me and Sonya to Hua Hin from Pattaya for 3000 baht, he would have picked me up too but I was coming back to Pattaya alone so got the Bell Bus

It took just over 4 hours door to door

He even took me to my hotel (Zing Resort) in Jomtien Complex from the Chow Soy (Soi Chaiyapoon) when I stayed there for a couple of nights and then brought me back again as I could not  be arsed carrying suitcases on the baht bus or motorbikes

Good service and a smooth ride, I would recommend him

Attached Images

• wat2.jpg

Edited by duke007, 30 December 2016 - 06:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users