#23 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Whirled peas

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

the best one i heard was a guy said two middle eastern guys on a baht bus said they got wrong change and asked to see his wallet so they could see his money and figure out what thai money looked like. and he gave it to them! then the stole half the money and gave it back. LOL

#24 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

Over 20 years ago on my first visit to Bangkok I was approached on Sk.Rd by dapper little Thai man dressed in khaki shorts and shirt. After shaking my hand and relieving me of about 50 Baht he stuck a small metal badge into my shirt that declared I was now a "Boy Scout of The World" I kept the badge till I left England 5 years ago. Should have brought it with me really.

There is a guy that has been working a variation of this scam outside Royal Garden Plaza on Beach Rd. He doesn't go as far as a uniform, but pretends to be deaf and dumb. After the badge ceremony a little pre-printed book comes out with space for your signature and  a 'minimum 200 Baht donation suggested' notice. Every time I pass by I hang around to see if I can catch him talking to anyone, but he's very disciplined.

#25 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

I was sitting in J Daeng Seafood, Second Rd. when a Lady came up with the usual flood victim card.

I gave her twenty baht.

She objected, wanted Bt100.

Go figure.

• jimbo34 likes this

#26 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

i have a t shirt that says "hookers aren't cheap. Please help."

Can't say I've broken even on it yet. Siam's a tough game.

• LordBoy likes this

#27 shagnasty

shagnasty

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

No I don't want to help you. Good bye.

#28 ballbag

ballbag

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

I got scammed on very first trip to Thailand, and it was by a farang. I landed and was waiting for my bags and he came over and started talking to me, after he found out I was getting a taxi he asked is he could split the fare with me so I said yes, but was very vague in where he was going. I kept asking him where he was staying but just said near nana (as I told him my hotel was near nana), anyway we got to my hotel and he just got out and walked off before I knew what was happening!

Also been done by the "I'm just going to the toilet" and been left with his check bin scam by a farang too, luckily it was only 2 beers. 

#29 POWERLIFTER666

POWERLIFTER666

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving---muay thai ---Ladyboys

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

Lol reading all your stories reminds me that a lot of the guys being in pattaya will try anything to stay longer there even scamming etc...
i now loosing easly my temper with farang scammers
(Indian and westerners) and telling them to fuck off before they even start they shit

#30 Emiel7777

Emiel7777

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

I had it myself three years ago. My Bankcard suddenly didnt work anymore. I took some cash with me and when i arrived in BKK i tried my card at the ATM. Because it worked then i first spend all my cash. After a week when a ran out of everything i tried all the ATM´s and a get the same error everywhere..

I just met an Australian guy and i told this guy my problem. The day before we had agreed we would go out all night so i told him that because of my problem i had to stay in the Hotel. I told him that i tried to get in touch with my family and was hoping to get it solved in a couple of days...

The guy picket up his wallet and gave me six thousand baht and said that a could pay him back whenever it was solved....

I was really happy with this guy!!

The other day i pay him back and we spend the rest of the vacation drinking an partying together...

Just saying sometimes people can really need your help------

• horndoggie1 likes this

#31 ross01

ross01

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

I had it myself three years ago. My Bankcard suddenly didnt work anymore. I took some cash with me and when i arrived in BKK i tried my card at the ATM. Because it worked then i first spend all my cash. After a week when a ran out of everything i tried all the ATM´s and a get the same error everywhere..

I just met an Australian guy and i told this guy my problem. The day before we had agreed we would go out all night so i told him that because of my problem i had to stay in the Hotel. I told him that i tried to get in touch with my family and was hoping to get it solved in a couple of days...

The guy picket up his wallet and gave me six thousand baht and said that a could pay him back whenever it was solved....

I was really happy with this guy!!

The other day i pay him back and we spend the rest of the vacation drinking an partying together...

Just saying sometimes people can really need your help------

thats the Aussie Spirit mate- your lucky you met this bloke who helped you no questions asked

#32 ross01

ross01

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

easiest things to do is to say you have no money when these scammers come around - the same as dudes asking for cigs- it's my last one etc

#33 horndoggie1

horndoggie1

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

Does anyone carry a paupers wallet?

I carried one in C.A. Never had any trouble though.

It's a wallet with expired credit cards, license and and $10. in small notes.  You carry the real stash in another pocket, waist area, ect.

#34 topdog

topdog

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Does anyone carry a paupers wallet?

I carried one in C.A. Never had any trouble though.

It's a wallet with expired credit cards, license and and $10. in small notes.  You carry the real stash in another pocket, waist area, ect.

Do you have a sign on your back stating what pocket your wallet is in so the thief is sure to grab the fake one?

#35 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

Ok. Here's my tale. Very fresh.

I arirved this morning at Frankfurt Airport. Didn't a cig for about 20 hours (no smokimng in Beijing).

Went ouside to have a smoke an italian guy approached me and asked for a light.

I gave him my lighter and the he asked where his mother would land fron Napoli. I told him that I didn't kmnw and told him, to ask at the informatuion desk.

Then he askes me to look at his phone where his mom perhaps was. I did look, and, and the same time I heard the sipper on my travel bag opening.

This prick tried to steal my stuff from inside of by bag. Money, Passports perhaps. Crookes everywhere. Beware.

O.

#36 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

u going to Patts Odoter? what dates? Regards Garry

#37 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:46 PM

One stock response that never fails ,tell em all to fuck off and keep the pocket shut .
  • insearchofxxx likes this

#38 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

u going to Patts Odoter? what dates? Regards Garry

I just came back to Farangland Saturday after three weeks in Patts, Chiang Mai (never again) and Ko Chang.

Next trip is planned for July. Hope to share a few beers with you again.

O.

• garrydirty likes this

#39 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

One stock response that never fails ,tell em all to fuck off and keep the pocket shut .

You're right Albert. I was just trying to be friendly. I wasn't drunk and I told him to fuck off.

He did fuck off with my lighter. Sigh. I'm too good for this world.

#40 curious99

curious99

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

Last trip on the way home a falang stopped me in Swampy and said he had been robbed and needed money for ticket home and he had been stuck in the terminal for 3 days. Thing is, he looked fresh and clean and shaven. Bullshit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users