22 replies to this topic

#1 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

Just saw the pictures of posts from Pattaya in Bkk Post and the vid.. That is just crazy.. Anyone on the ground.. Is it realy that crazy all over town??

Pictures and Vids are alpiciated..

Hopefuly the weather eases up til my artival..

http://bangkokpost.c...thailand/697048

Cheers
SM78

Edited by silentmoebius78, 17 September 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#2 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

Beach road yesterday ...

Attached Images

• br.jpg

#3 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

It was really bad yesterday.  Supposed to be rain through Tuesday.  All the normal flood spots in town are affected.  Seen alot more damage this time than ever before.  Walls collapsing, signs and trees down.  Businesses and homes flooded that previously haven't had issues when it rains.

It was some of the hardest sustained rain have seen in Pattaya in 10+ years.

• hastings likes this

#4 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

Indeed

http://www.bangkokpo...lared-disasters

#5 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 10,003 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Now the General is in charge they may actually tackle the fucking issue...but of course I won't be holding my breath.  :angry:

#6 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

Now the General is in charge they may actually tackle the fucking issue...but of course I won't be holding my breath.  :angry:

Well

If you're that confident of the depth, then I guess SM78 won't need to pack a snorkel.

Or is it DM78?

I'm  betting typo.

:)

Edited by Thaiman12, 17 September 2015 - 04:35 PM.

• silentmoebius78 likes this

#7 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:57 PM

Well
If you're that confident of the depth, then I guess SM78 won't need to pack a snorkel.
Or is it DM78?

I'm  betting typo.

Yea.. Sorry.. Typing all my posts on my phone.. Actualy, I wanted to go for some diving next week.. But as much as it looks like, I wont have to leave the shores for that.. Hopefuly, everyone recovers quick, wouldn't want to see my holidays fu..ed up, bc of the weather..

Thx for pointing out the typo TM12.. +1 for that..

Cheers
SM78
  • Thaiman12 likes this

#8 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:03 PM

Yea.. Sorry.. Typing all my posts on my phone.. Actualy, I wanted to go for some diving next week.. But as much as it looks like, I wont have to leave the shores for that.. Hopefuly, everyone recovers quick, wouldn't want to see my holidays fu..ed up, bc of the weather..

Thx for pointing out the typo TM12.. +1 for that..

Cheers
SM78

And Likes, My Friend, beget Likes.

Good luck in Patts, I'm sure the inimitable Locals will be open for business, with an umbrella, or a carry to the Baht Bus (or upstairs?) as required.

One thing you can count on, this Town is always open.

Edited by Thaiman12, 17 September 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#9 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

The water isn't really the issue, just be more aware of mosquitoes at night, because there will be more places for them to breed etc.  I found a beastie in my room last week, haven't seen one that size for years.  Some people are more susceptible to bites than others ;-).

• diamonddog likes this

#10 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

The water isn't really the issue, just be more aware of mosquitoes at night, because there will be more places for them to breed etc.  I found a beastie in my room last week, haven't seen one that size for years.  Some people are more susceptible to bites than others ;-).

Mosquitos love me, always bite me on my feet and other places.. I do not ware shorts and slipers in the afternoon, evening and at night.. I will keep it in mind, and get a repealent.. Thx for the heads up..

#11 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Drinking Tonic water is good also, has trace amounts of quinine in it.  I also found that drinking Guinness is useful, it contains Vitamin B which repels the mossies also. 

• hellah and Rorschach like this

#12 hellah

hellah

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Drinking Tonic water is good also, has trace amounts of quinine in it.  I also found that drinking Guinness is useful, it contains Vitamin B which repels the mossies also. 

Perfect excuse. 

#13 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

Yes hellahose the foreign Guinness is lovely, a little more pokey than the standard, have yet to see it in pattaya :).  Failing that I guzzle a few jars of Brains Stout in the Queen Vic :)

I would like to stress if you have consulted a Doctor before your trip, had vaccinations etc ignore his advice for Larium.  Pattaya is not an malaria area and you don't need to take it.  It does more harm than good.

Just be aware the little blighters are about at night time :).

• hellah and silentmoebius78 like this

#14 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

I gonna try that!!

#15 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

If the bar is crawling with Salamanders that's also good ;-)

#16 Rorschach

Rorschach

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, ladyboys, and some more beautiful ladyboys.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

Don't normally need an exuse for either Guiness or a G&T Fenton, so I am going to give your tip a real good try . :)

#17 hellah

hellah

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:21 PM

I would like to stress if you have consulted a Doctor before your trip, had vaccinations etc ignore his advice for Larium.  Pattaya is not an malaria area and you don't need to take it.  It does more harm than good.

Never take anti-malaria drugs these days. I think it's pretty useless unless camping out in the jungle for weeks. Better to take the drugs when you actually catch it. I'm much more concerned about dengue fever. Seen quite a few people who caught that and it ain't pretty. Knocks you out for weeks. But nothing much you can do about it but cross your fingers. And drink G&T and Guinness B)

#18 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

I also found that drinking Guinness is useful, it contains Vitamin B which repels the mossies also. 

If you do a web search you will find the vitamin B and mosquitos thing is a myth. However drinking lots of Guinness has it's own merits. :)

The water was about two and a half feet deep on Soi Lake Chaiyapoon.

Edited by Len Dtuut, 19 September 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#19 hellah

hellah

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

How did soi Lengkee fare? Same as Chaiyapoon? Can't remember if it's higher or lower.

#20 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:35 AM

How did soi Lengkee fare? Same as Chaiyapoon? Can't remember if it's higher or lower.

There was plenty of water in the Buakhao end of Soi Lengkee but I'm not sure about the rest of the soi. Although I looked at that end of Lengkee yesterday after you posted. That end does run pretty much downhill toward Buakhao except for a little rise right at Buakhao. I walked down Buakhao toward Action Street and crossed the Buakhao/Lengkee/Diana intersection on the Lengkee side in farily deep water. But that side was better than the Diana side, even though the water was deeper, as the water was rushing down Diana so fast I thought it might take my feet out from under me.      

• hellah likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users