• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Interests:Runnin the Rackets...Bookmakin....past postin....high stakes poker games....the odd heist...ya follaw

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

what is the legal status and what are the repercussions of carrying a relative large amount ie 50 - 100 with out a script? 

Thanks.

#2 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

AFAIK Valium is not an illeral drug in Thailand per se, but you need a doctor's precription.

O.

#3 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

AFAIK Valium is not an illeral drug in Thailand per se, but you need a doctor's precription.

if you have a drug without a valid doctors prescription then you are possessing/consuming it illegally. OP why take any in just get them there.

O.

#4 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Interests:Runnin the Rackets...Bookmakin....past postin....high stakes poker games....the odd heist...ya follaw

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

if you have a drug without a valid doctors prescription then you are possessing/consuming it illegally. OP why take any in just get them there.

O.

thats the intention, i may get a script but im just curious as to the repercussions of possesion if searched in LOS ie internal flights ect...its not cut an dry...there was a case in PHuket of a kiwi detained with valium...i know money talks at the end of every day in Los.

#5 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:08 PM

Dont know about you but i just get either them or xanax for the flight in and then for the flight back ill get a few from a pharmacy why do you need to take 50-100 in?

#6 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

Dont know about you but i just get either them or xanax for the flight in and then for the flight back ill get a few from a pharmacy why do you need to take 50-100 in?

not taking that amount in ....i was thinkin of stockin up for farang land (personal use), i know a good pharmacy on soi buckaroo.

#7 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

oh sorry i was thinking you meant taking them in ive got contacts here in the UK if u want it for stuff like that i just bought some zopiclone and valium myself.

#8 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:31 PM

oh sorry i was thinking you meant taking them in ive got contacts here in the UK if u want it for stuff like that i just bought some zopiclone and
valium myself.

Will pm you.. Thanks

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Interests:Gerontophiles, ultracrepidarianism, kino, alphamegamia, Scalextric

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

Diazepam (Valium) is a risky substance to have in your possession unless you have a genuinely convincing prescription to go with it.

According to Thailand’s Psychotropic Substances Act of 1974, possession of a ‘schedule IV’ drug such as diazepam without a prescription is illegal and punishable by up to one year in prison, a fine of 20,000 baht, or both.

#10 DavidJoe

DavidJoe

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Go to the most expensive hospital, get a small prescription, go to a local clinic - reference the small legitimate prescription, say your staying three months and need 180. Cost maybe 2-3 bath per pill, and perfectly legal. This is in Chiang Mai btw, where the pharmacies never sell without prescription. Bringing it back home would be legal from Thailand, but your home country would probably not consider a Thai prescription valid so it would be the same as smugling, I guess.

• Doyle Lonnegan likes this

#11 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:35 PM

Go to the most expensive hospital, get a small prescription, go to a local clinic - reference the small legitimate prescription, say your staying three months and need 180. Cost maybe 2-3 bath per pill, and perfectly legal. This is in Chiang Mai btw, where the pharmacies never sell without prescription. Bringing it back home would be legal from Thailand, but your home country would probably not consider a Thai prescription valid so it would be the same as smugling, I guess.

Thanks for your input...this seems a sensible avenue....I did get a script in Thailand a few years ago...no probs takin home.

#12 stallion79

stallion79

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:46 PM

I bought valium from a pharmacy near Obsession bar quite easily. 500 baht for 15 pills iirc.

#13 grandy

grandy

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:23 PM

O.

It is a controlled substance and possession yields prison time.

By illeral I presume you mean illegal . Possession without a prescription is illegal. 100 very illegal.

#14 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:48 AM

A lb told me that if the police caught you carrying xanax without a prescription the on-the-spot fine was 1000 baht per tablet. Not sure what the 'going rate' for valium is... probably pretty similar.
  • Gobbin likes this

#15 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,219 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:40 AM

My advose is don't take all100 Valiums at once-:). Womanin pharmacytold me that can't order the real Roche 10mg blue ones any more. Yellow or white lesser strength ones eitherfor that matter. She sold me some Dexium 10mg she said were generic but I haven't tested them yet. Drank enough I didn't need any sleep help yet -:)
Also was told by another on a pharmacy about Dezodone bit I couldn't gind anuthing on internet about them. Anypne lnow anything?

#16 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

A lb told me that if the police caught you carrying xanax without a prescription the on-the-spot fine was 1000 baht per tablet. Not sure what the 'going rate' for valium is... probably pretty similar.

Interesting....ive decided to go down the script route, a few years ago i stated i had a problem with alcohol in Chiang Mai and was prescribed quite a few....better safe than sorry., ..very simple process.

#17 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

My advose is don't take all100 Valiums at once- :). Womanin pharmacytold me that can't order the real Roche 10mg blue ones any more. Yellow or white lesser strength ones eitherfor that matter. She sold me some Dexium 10mg she said were generic but I haven't tested them yet. Drank enough I didn't need any sleep help yet - :)
Also was told by another on a pharmacy about Dezodone bit I couldn't gind anuthing on internet about them. Anypne lnow anything?

yeah i might give dropping 100 a miss lol....maybe ill sell 1k of weed to the cops instead....

edit...joke...

Edited by Doyle Lonnegan, 28 October 2015 - 10:17 AM.

• Tony Soprano likes this

#18 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

There is a pharmacy on Patpong 1 in BKK, forgot the name, that sells about everything over the counter short of Heroin.

It's Chinese owned and if they don't have it they can get it for you whithin a day.

I was there last time about 5 years ago, so I don't know if it's still there.

Don't get cought.

O.

#19 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,325 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

If your asking for Diazepam from the counter, the ones you may be purchasing are most definitely counterfeit.  I'd see Doctor Belen in Pattaya and your feeling a anxious etc.  They shouldn't not be taken with Alcohol.  

#20 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

FFS!!!! I took a thousand back once.
Will not be doing that again.
However if anyone wants Xanax or diazepam, the soi where the PBR is situated, near 2nd road side. The pharmacy here is where I got my thousand, relatively cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users