dannymurray

Qatar Airlines.

Rate this topic

As not all esteemed members are top fit and some even a little ( like me )I ageing.

I thought I would point out that if you require a wheelchair on Qatar airlines,

they will require a doctors note before travel.

dannymurray

Danny

Once you have got your note from the Doctor, you will be well looked after during the flight :).  A very good Airline, been flying with them for over a year, switched from Etihad.

ST

Sign up with the loyalty card straight away Tony, been moved in Business Class twice, fast track is comes with silver status (first tier) duty free points etc :), unlike Etihad who failed to register my application and got feck all out of them 5555

Well Emirates is a good airline if you can get a free flight, that's very nice m8.  Just departure times and arrival will probably affect your decision me thinks.  I would say price for flights is similar.

I flew them this year and I am again in January 2016. Flying A350's out of PHL instead of 777's starting in 2016. I can't say anything bad about them at all. Business class was excellent. I'm sure they will take good care of you.

As not all esteemed members are top fit and some even a little ( like me )I ageing.

I thought I would point out that if you require a wheelchair on Qatar airlines,

they will require a doctors note before travel.

dannymurray

just flew etihad airways. aust to us. at the gate we counted over 50 indians in wheel chairs so they can get on first. never seen this amount before on other air lines.. it was every flite. then they fight to get off 1st and most are quite capable of walking when they want to, i can completly understand qatars stance on this. sorry fot those that really need one .

Just wIting now in Bkk for my return flight home ,absolutely faultless on the way out with the exception of using shared lounge in Manchester and Buisness lounge in Doha is shit ,flight itself excellent ,this is my 1st time with them and it won't be my last ,I am a gold card member with Etihad but with the reorganisation of the scheme I will be moving my business to Qatar Airways ,Etihad have introduced a tier above gold and have started restricting mileage .

I was gonna use Etihad this trip but they wanted £4654 for business class ,Qatar £1700 and no restrictions or charges for changes

I find them very accommodating and understanding.  On One flight I used the toilet in business class and returning to my seat (middle seating) I caught the casing for the the screen attached to the seat. Ragged it straight off 5555.  I told the Air Hostess what had happened and no come backs from it. Thank god I didn't trip up :).

Danny

Once you have got your note from the Doctor, you will be well looked after during the flight :).  A very good Airline, been flying with them for over a year, switched from Etihad.

Fenton you are right about being well looked after with Qatar Airlines, but last time the long walk at Doha nearly killed me !

This time with Finnair. Helsinki is much smaller.

dannymurray.

That's unusual Danny they are very accommodating seen the electric buggy whizzing around.  I appreciate its a big airport.  But the most important thing, you have a flight to LOS that meets your needs.  Danny, I'm sure you will have a wonderful holiday :).

Qatar Airways is going for 10 seats per row in economy in 2016. That's really cramming it.

As for the wheel chair passengers, its a trick that passengers play due to heavy hand luggage. They get away with this in India and they don't want to carry it so they get a wheel chair and they don't have to carry it. Qatar is right in asking for a doctors note.

In new buisness lounge at Hamid International now it's pretty fucking good compared to the shit you get at Manchester or Thai Silk Lounge in Bangkok , no complaints here as long as they keep it 1-2-1 configuration in Buisness ,no fucking intention of flying cattle ,today's 380 out of bangers was heaving ,mainly with the sandal wearing ,long haired crusty toe brigade ,plus the inevitable squalling brats ,ground staff in Bkk had no idea what they were doing , you need to load the plane by zone ,they allowed the usual

Idiots to start line at the gate ,so when they try to board plan everyone start pushing trying to get in 1st ,typical fucking Thai incompetence ,cunts couldn't run a bath

You can jump the zone calling with the loyalty card :), but I know what your saying GOS.

Only way with loyalty card to jump is gold or platinum and not much advantage in cattle except making sure you have space for a bag in the overhead bins ,they were measuring hand baggage at the gate today as well

Only way with loyalty card to jump is gold or platinum and not much advantage in cattle except making sure you have space for a bag in the overhead bins ,they were measuring hand baggage at the gate today as well

Were they measuring in Business as well? I have not seen an airline really do that yet.

Qatar have signed up to the IATA standard for hand luggage.  I'm silver on me loyalty card been moved up to business class twice already at no extra cost. 

Mind you I did complain to customer services back in blighty 5555.  I keep my laptop inside my hand baggage and stick it under the seat when flying. Had this bitch at check in complain about the weight (2kgs over on the hand baggage and 10kgs under on the case).  In the end to resolve the weight issue I put my laptop in my case at check in. I made it clear to her if the laptop is damaged your responsible and took a photo of her with my phone. Use the laptop for work etc.

Even though I sit in Economy the Air Hostesses look after me. What do you want to eat and drinks etc before the trolley comes down the Isle

Get that loyalty card GOS, with the points you get stuff from the shops at the duty free. No parting with coin ;-). You can get points from the flight you have just had and put them on the card.

Were they measuring in Business as well? I have not seen an airline really do that yet.

No as the bins overhead are a lot bigger also they allow 2pc to 15 kg each plus 40 kg hold luggage ,just in the back due to people trying it on with suitcases but Qatar are very lenient on baggage allowances anyway not like Ryan Air and such .

just flew etihad airways. aust to us. at the gate we counted over 50 indians in wheel chairs so they can get on first. never seen this amount before on other air lines.. it was every flite. then they fight to get off 1st and most are quite capable of walking when they want to, i can completly understand qatars stance on this. sorry fot those that really need one .

Thank you for the comment. I wondered why Qatar Airlines started asking for a doctors note

if you wanted a wheelchair. Now I know. Indians screwing everything up as usual.

At the moment Finnair do not ask for a doctors not. Not many Indians fly from Helsinki !

Regards. dannymurray

Thank you for the comment. I wondered why Qatar Airlines started asking for a doctors note

if you wanted a wheelchair. Now I know. Indians screwing everything up as usual.

At the moment Finnair do not ask for a doctors not. Not many Indians fly from Helsinki !

Regards. dannymurray

we could start a post on indians on airlines, standing outside the toilet 10 deep but not wanting to go u have no idea if you are pushing in or not, when they do go in 20/30 mins,musical chairs as they all swap seats to talk to friends, constantly walking around bumping into you on the isles . never trying to quiet down children , alowing them to run around etc etc etc . i have a indian brother in law and his family are not like this so i have no idea where it comes from