• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#1 dannymurray

dannymurray

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:LB's who are kind to older gents !
    Pattaya life & Talking to other lovers of "The Blood Royal"

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

As not all esteemed members are top fit and some even a little ( like me )I ageing.

I thought I would point out that if you require a wheelchair on Qatar airlines,

they will require a doctors note before travel.

dannymurray

#2 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Danny

Once you have got your note from the Doctor, you will be well looked after during the flight :).  A very good Airline, been flying with them for over a year, switched from Etihad.

#3 singletony

singletony

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

They're flying from Birmingham now too

#4 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

ST

Sign up with the loyalty card straight away Tony, been moved in Business Class twice, fast track is comes with silver status (first tier) duty free points etc :), unlike Etihad who failed to register my application and got feck all out of them 5555

#5 singletony

singletony

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

I fly with emirates a lot and got enough points for a free flight but I may look at these for my next trip.

#6 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

Well Emirates is a good airline if you can get a free flight, that's very nice m8.  Just departure times and arrival will probably affect your decision me thinks.  I would say price for flights is similar.

#7 cucardas

cucardas

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Excellent  i fly now with Qatar to BGK or to Phuket

They have tremendous wines in business

#8 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:02 AM

Could improve the beer 5555, had to settle for Fosters ffs 5555

#9 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:54 AM

I flew them this year and I am again in January 2016. Flying A350's out of PHL instead of 777's starting in 2016. I can't say anything bad about them at all. Business class was excellent. I'm sure they will take good care of you.

#10 markm

markm

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:science,history,boutique beers,AFL,slagging religion about its short comings and cute asses

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:13 AM

As not all esteemed members are top fit and some even a little ( like me )I ageing.

I thought I would point out that if you require a wheelchair on Qatar airlines,

they will require a doctors note before travel.

dannymurray

just flew etihad airways. aust to us. at the gate we counted over 50 indians in wheel chairs so they can get on first. never seen this amount before on other air lines.. it was every flite. then they fight to get off 1st and most are quite capable of walking when they want to, i can completly understand qatars stance on this. sorry fot those that really need one .

#11 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

Just wIting now in Bkk for my return flight home ,absolutely faultless on the way out with the exception of using shared lounge in Manchester and Buisness lounge in Doha is shit ,flight itself excellent ,this is my 1st time with them and it won't be my last ,I am a gold card member with Etihad but with the reorganisation of the scheme I will be moving my business to Qatar Airways ,Etihad have introduced a tier above gold and have started restricting mileage .
I was gonna use Etihad this trip but they wanted £4654 for business class ,Qatar £1700 and no restrictions or charges for changes

#12 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

I find them very accommodating and understanding.  On One flight I used the toilet in business class and returning to my seat (middle seating) I caught the casing for the the screen attached to the seat. Ragged it straight off 5555.  I told the Air Hostess what had happened and no come backs from it. Thank god I didn't trip up :).

#13 dannymurray

dannymurray

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:LB's who are kind to older gents !
    Pattaya life & Talking to other lovers of "The Blood Royal"

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

Danny

Once you have got your note from the Doctor, you will be well looked after during the flight :).  A very good Airline, been flying with them for over a year, switched from Etihad.

Fenton you are right about being well looked after with Qatar Airlines, but last time the long walk at Doha nearly killed me !

This time with Finnair. Helsinki is much smaller.

dannymurray.

#14 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

That's unusual Danny they are very accommodating seen the electric buggy whizzing around.  I appreciate its a big airport.  But the most important thing, you have a flight to LOS that meets your needs.  Danny, I'm sure you will have a wonderful holiday :).

#15 dav662

dav662

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

Qatar Airways is going for 10 seats per row in economy in 2016. That's really cramming it.
As for the wheel chair passengers, its a trick that passengers play due to heavy hand luggage. They get away with this in India and they don't want to carry it so they get a wheel chair and they don't have to carry it. Qatar is right in asking for a doctors note.

#16 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:37 AM

dav662

It will bring them into line with the other ME carriers who currently have more seats in Economy.

#17 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:43 AM

In new buisness lounge at Hamid International now it's pretty fucking good compared to the shit you get at Manchester or Thai Silk Lounge in Bangkok , no complaints here as long as they keep it 1-2-1 configuration in Buisness ,no fucking intention of flying cattle ,today's 380 out of bangers was heaving ,mainly with the sandal wearing ,long haired crusty toe brigade ,plus the inevitable squalling brats ,ground staff in Bkk had no idea what they were doing , you need to load the plane by zone ,they allowed the usual
Idiots to start line at the gate ,so when they try to board plan everyone start pushing trying to get in 1st ,typical fucking Thai incompetence ,cunts couldn't run a bath

#18 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:06 AM

You can jump the zone calling with the loyalty card :), but I know what your saying GOS.

#19 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:41 AM

Buisness lounge pics
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  • 57Chevy likes this

#20 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:44 AM

You can jump the zone calling with the loyalty card :), but I know what your saying GOS.

Only way with loyalty card to jump is gold or platinum and not much advantage in cattle except making sure you have space for a bag in the overhead bins ,they were measuring hand baggage at the gate today as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users