392 replies to this topic

#381 barolo72

barolo72

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Travel,wines,motorsports and ladyboys

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Only 2 seats on the window sides instead of the usual three in cattle class, it's a weird set up.

2-4-2 in economy is the normal configuration on 330-340 airbus

#382 barolo72

barolo72

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

I am on the A340 in November BKK - DOH, seat plan here

https://www.qatarair...340-600-306.pdf

even this seat map come from their official site, it is out of date, they don't have first class anymore

#383 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

even this seat map come from their official site, it is out of date, they don't have first class anymore

They have business class :-). But first class is a different thing altogether, I know Qatar have done some similar to Cathay and put cabins I think on A380's, think they call it Q Class. But Etihad have had this for will.

Since the spat with its neighbours, Qatar has tried to move towards the premium segment of the market.  Some nice discounts to be had if you afford to fly this way :-).

#384 textom

textom

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

They do not have the infrastructure to support International flights at Utapao; arrivals seem to be sorted but immigration will be chaotic.

The departure lounge is shambolic with no facilities worth mentioning; I would say that getting governing bodies approvals are a long way off.

From Wikipedia:

As Bangkok's two international airports are operating beyond capacity, the government intends to turn U-Tapao into a third major destination for airlines. A new second terminal, which will increase airport capacity from 800,000 to three million persons per year will be completed in 2017.
There are also 41 direct flights landing from China weekly[16] with more airlines scheduled to announce soon.
Airport director, Rear Adm Worapol Tongpricha, said the 620 million baht terminal is the start of a three-year, first-phase development.
In the second phase, the government will boost the capacity further to 15 million people.

Qatar starts service Jan 28 2018
  • stickyfingers likes this

#385 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

I posted earlier on this, its a long term thing.  Its not ideal presently, however 18 months or 2 years down the road this should be cushdy :-)  Once everything is in place, upgrades at the airport, new road etc.  

#386 barolo72

barolo72

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

They have business class :-). But first class is a different thing altogether, I know Qatar have done some similar to Cathay and put cabins I think on A380's, think they call it Q Class. But Etihad have had this for will.

Since the spat with its neighbours, Qatar has tried to move towards the premium segment of the market.  Some nice discounts to be had if you afford to fly this way :-).

I meant they don't have first on A340. The only first class seat and service is on A380. And about the Q suite is a new business product only fitter in three or four B777 and they fly them do London and Paris.If you are interested check on https://www.flyertalk.com/

Cheers.

B.

#387 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

I meant they don't have first on A340. The only first class seat and service is on A380. And about the Q suite is a new business product only fitter in three or four B777 and they fly them do London and Paris.If you are interested check on https://www.flyertalk.com/
Cheers.
B.

Only if its free upgrade :-).  You might twist my arm and land in London, not my preferred airport I'm afraid.

#388 LBK

LBK

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Strange Route: Qatar Airways Launches Non-Stop Service to Pattaya, Thailand

#389 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

There is a promo code floating about facebook offering a 15% discount QRSOCIAL17.  It doesn't work.

I have contacted Qatar as to why this is the case.

Personally I think its an old code, but will wait for the formal response.

#390 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted Today, 08:53 AM

If your flying from Manchester, just be aware of the fact that they are upgrading Terminal 2, departures are currently a ball ache, don't follow the diversion, that will take you back onto the M56.  Best getting dropped off at the meet and great, other side of the car park (Double yellow's but if your quick its worth it, save you wasting money on the car park). 

Not entirely sure what they have got planned for T2, but the ugrading of the terminal is welcome, considering Manchester is the next busiest airport after LHR and LGW.  Its needs to keep up and the investment in the airport is most welcome IMO.

#391 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,802 posts

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

Not entirely sure what they have got planned for T2, but the ugrading of the terminal is welcome, considering Manchester is the next busiest airport after LHR and LGW.  Its needs to keep up and the investment in the airport is most welcome IMO.

It is going to be a Super Terminal at a cost of £1bn  :) 

https://www.manchest...owcase-12632801

#392 zeppo

zeppo

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted Today, 09:11 AM

Massive upgrade and increase in passenger capacity at Manchester. I would love to see new slots giving us the option of a direct flight to BKK.

#393 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted Today, 09:12 AM

It is going to be a Super Terminal at a cost of £1bn  :)

https://www.manchest...owcase-12632801

Well that's nice, I will just have to keep up to date with the progress of the terminal.  I think its a good idea to start a new thread on just T2 because Emirates fly from there also.  There would be plenty of interest TBH.

Edited by fenton, Today, 09:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users