fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

It looks worse than Gibraltar airport, and that takes the biscuit

If your Welsh and live in the south, you have options Bristol, Heathrow and Brum.  Obviously with more business, there is a a very good chance the airport will be upgraded.  I think most of the UK's airports need upgrading to keep up with the competition.  I'm glad Manchester are on the case.  If BREXIT is to be a success, we need to get on the case with this.

#462 Scottiem1954

Scottiem1954

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts
  • Interests:Guess?

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

I took Steptoes advice and was first off the plane and onto the shuttle bus, got to Immigration first but there was about 100 Russians already there, there was only 2 immigration officers that were obviously on hourly pay as they were in no hurry. There was 2 queues, the Russians decided they were in both so as one line moved faster several of them changed lines which was quite infuriating. Finally got through after I'd realised I'd put the wrong Passport number on my form but couldn't be bothered to correct it, if they don't notice we're all happy. I walk towards the door but it won't open then someone shouted me and pointed to the xray machine, I put my bag on and he had a quick look at the monitor then said "OK" and pressed a button to open the door/
Out into the foyer there's a desk for taxis/minibuses and one for sim cards, I decided to get a sim there and set up internet, then arranges a taxi, 1000 baht all in, about a 5 minute wait then it arrived. I gets in and there was about half a dozen mozzies in there, I gets him to stop the car and let them out, no free rides on my watch. The ride to Pattaya was interesting, we were on a dual carriageway that was bumper to bumper, I thought any time saved going to UTP would be wasted but the taxi turned off to SIlverlake where the giant Gold Buddha on the side of the mountain is and we had a peacful drive through the countryside till we reach Sukumvit then through Pattaya before it got too busy.
I'm not sure what the busy road was, I assumed that was Sukumvit but then everyone would have gone through Silverlake so I guess not.

it looks like the Utapao option from overseas is not giving any significant advantage but sure troubles.
Typical basic airport catering for low cost or charter flights (hence the Russian and Chinese arriving in hordes) but QR is not a budget airline...

#463 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,502 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

I checked with Qatar for this trip and best price I could get was £500 from Man to BKK with the Pattaya option £40 more so have taken a chance on Oman Air , my mate flew them a month ago and said they were great with the added bonus of Muscat Airport being a lot smaller and less busy than the big 3 airports in the region , £385 each with journey tile of around 15hrs and only 2hr lay overs both ways , arrivnig and leaving great times , Man tonight leave 2045 arrive BKK 1800 and coming back leaving BKK 0915 arrive Man 1900, will report back in due course

• duke007 likes this

#464 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Looking forward to see you go on with Oman Air Albert.

I have been looking at Flights for November from Manc land and tinkering with Qatar Airways again and trying U-Tapao this time, the other option is Emirates.

I will book when next season's EPL are published on June 13th.

Oman Air could be another option if they get good reports from yourself

#465 mikegr

mikegr

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

I checked with Qatar for this trip and best price I could get was £500 from Man to BKK with the Pattaya option £40 more so have taken a chance on Oman Air , my mate flew them a month ago and said they were great with the added bonus of Muscat Airport being a lot smaller and less busy than the big 3 airports in the region , £385 each with journey tile of around 15hrs and only 2hr lay overs both ways , arrivnig and leaving great times , Man tonight leave 2045 arrive BKK 1800 and coming back leaving BKK 0915 arrive Man 1900, will report back in due course

Oman's economy has the biggest legroom 34". Old business class is awesome too 88" i think. They are making a nice modern airport too in muscat.

#466 tongting

tongting

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

it looks like the Utapao option from overseas is not giving any significant advantage but sure troubles.
Typical basic airport catering for low cost or charter flights (hence the Russian and Chinese arriving in hordes) but QR is not a budget airline...

It was £50 cheaper than Bangkok when I booked but it looks like they've removed that enticement.

#467 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

If your looking for a flight, Qatar discount flights around Ramadan and Eid (2 Eid's) and also Qatar National Day in December, think its the 18th or 19th.

#468 andycoys

andycoys

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

Latest advert from Qatar

Experience the skies like never before with flights from Cardiff, starting today, 1 May 2018, to over 150 places worldwide, via Doha.

Luxurious and spacious seating, renowned service and up to 4,000 in-flight entertainment options await, on board one of the youngest fleets in the sky.

Enjoy our special launch fares to our top destinations until 15 May 2018.

Bangkok from £389

https://www.qatarair...?cid=EMGB242680

#469 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

Bangkok from £389

That's a very good promotion and good value :).  Just before Ramadan as well :).

#470 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Latest advert from Qatar
Experience the skies like never before with flights from Cardiff, starting today, 1 May 2018, to over 150 places worldwide, via Doha.
Luxurious and spacious seating, renowned service and up to 4,000 in-flight entertainment options await, on board one of the youngest fleets in the sky.
Bangkok from £389
https://www.qatarair...?cid=EMGB242680

My mate who lives an hour outside Cardiff received an e-mail yesterday from Qatar Airways yesterday informing him of their promotion.

He has always flown from Heathrow with Thai Airways but I told him about Qatar were going to fly from Cardiff.

In a nutshell he looked into it and booked right there and then for November at a super price of £386 and all the flight and connection times are great.

He is over the moon and it will takes 1 hour 15 minutes for him to get to the airport instead of over 3 hours, job's a good un

Edited by duke007, 02 May 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#471 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

The great thing about Qatar is the number of places they have in Thailand :

BKK

Pattaya

Phuket

Krabi

Chang Mai

No other airline can match this I think.

Prices are generally competitive, but the icing on the cake is the loyalty card.

#472 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

Save up to 10%
Fly from Manchester using code:
MANQR15 before 18 May.

• stickyfingers likes this

#473 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

It that 10% from Qatar's own website fenners?

#474 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

I bit the bullet and booked my flight with Qatar Airways today from Manchester for £462, I doubt I will get a better price and will be on the same plane as my Welsh buddy from Doha to Bangkok so will share a MrT taxi from the airport to Pattaya, happy days
  • stickyfingers and andycoys like this

#475 stickyfingers

stickyfingers

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Thai Lbs/GGs with Big tits and Asses & Gogo God
    Exotic women of colour
    Oh and the culture/food of course!!

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

I hope Dr Tinkle and Matron will be giving you the all clear from the MRI😜😝😉

Attached Images

• 3DBD2FA8-DB0C-4FBD-BEF9-4559526928A0.jpeg

• duke007 likes this

#476 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,502 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Oman's economy has the biggest legroom 34". Old business class is awesome too 88" i think. They are making a nice modern airport too in muscat.

new airport opened last week its stunning , pity the airline doesnt come up to the same standard

#477 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,463 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

It that 10% from Qatar's own website fenners?

Yes it was Duke.

#478 aot871

aot871

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:48 PM

I just looked on net flts webb for oct , just to check prices , and qatar was £688 for the dates and times i wanted , you got a good deal at those prices

I bit the bullet and booked my flight with Qatar Airways today from Manchester for £462, I doubt I will get a better price and will be on the same plane as my Welsh buddy from Doha to Bangkok so will share a MrT taxi from the airport to Pattaya, happy days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users