Larry77

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

More information:

http://pattaya-funto...walking-street/

Edited by Larry77, 20 February 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Carol23

Carol23

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

Thai law requires the police to have "probable cause" for searching people and it's not stated anywhere that falang have to keep their passports with them at all times.

So unmmm, there u go

#3 McFly

McFly

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts
  • Interests:LBs and more LBs, and sometimes GGs, but mostly LBs

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

POPULAR

Thai law requires the police to have "probable cause" for searching people and it's not stated anywhere that falang have to keep their passports with them at all times.

So unmmm, there u go

There is a law in Thailand which says everybody, Thai or foreign, must carry identification. If stopped by the BIB and asked for ID and you cannot produce one, off to the holding station you go. Best to be safe and carry a copy of your passport. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

• Zoonie the Lazoon, Furryman and Podrick like this

#4 Carol23

Carol23

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

There is a law in Thailand which says everybody, Thai or foreign, must carry identification. If stopped by the BIB and asked for ID and you cannot produce one, off to the holding station you go. Best to be safe and carry a copy of your passport. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

The last statement from the authorities was that falang needed to be able to quickly get their passport if requested.

I suppose it depends on who's asking for it

#5 blubb

blubb

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai...
http://www.chiangmai...riminals-found/

#6 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

I was in CandyShop, when they "raided" 808...

Only a big show!
- who goes into 808 at 12:30? ;-)

A lot of those taken away in the 2 bahtbusses where from the "Nigerian Connection". - Not necessarily a bad move!
...unfortunately, most of them were back again yesterday night with enforced strength, plying their dirty business and selling again.

#7 Larry77

Larry77

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

Best to be safe and carry a copy of your passport. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

It's not sure that a copy will be currently accepted. It was reported that the police was asking for the original passport and the arrival/departure card. However, I'll handle it like before and carry only the copies of the documents with me.

#8 Carol23

Carol23

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

whats worse, losing your passport or keeping it at home and dealing with things off the books?
  • insearchofxxx likes this

#9 guysnightlife

guysnightlife

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:53 AM

a picture of it on your phone should suffice right>?

#10 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,503 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:00 AM

a picture of it on your phone should suffice right>?

It depends on the officer but normally it's fine. Also have a photo of the visa/entry stamp page. I'd opt for a printed, ID size copy you can keep in your wallet. That way if something bad happens to you and you can't communicate, like an auto accident they can identify you. Also have emergency contact info available.

If it's on a locked phone nobody can reach it except you.

Edited by kathoeyfan, 06 August 2016 - 05:00 AM.

#11 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:02 AM

So unmmm, there u go

In LOS, probable cause means if the BIB probably feel like it......
  • LB3048 likes this

#12 JL2009

JL2009

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

Carry a copy of your passport everywhere you go-you can never anticipate the situations that may arise and ALL countries will demand identification as is their right.

#13 Slowguy

Slowguy

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Interests:Girls with firm tits, long hair, clean undercarriages, and great attitudes...

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

I take photos of the docs, keep on my phone.

The hotel gladly makes a copy of my docs too, which I fold and keep in my inner, secure shorts pocket, in one of the small sealable ziploc bags Thai pharmacies use.

I also have a photo ID with me, the silly US passport card that I mistakenly got, it says PASSPORT and is official ID so should help.

Finally, I also keep a hotel business card with me - mainly for motosai guys, but probably handy with the BiB too.

Then again, being a relatively properly dressed, relatively sober, tall and clean shaven white guy with zero tattoos (in his 50s at that) ought to keep me out of the pool of suspects. Can't imagine I'd strike anyone's suspicions - I might be viewed as an ATM, there's always that of course...

Edited by Slowguy, 06 August 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#14 Slowguy

Slowguy

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Interests:Girls with firm tits, long hair, clean undercarriages, and great attitudes...

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

Carry a copy of your passport everywhere you go-you can never anticipate the situations that may arise and ALL countries will demand identification as is their right.

Except in the US - that'd be so racist yo.

Can't even ask for photo ID and proof of citizenship at the voting booth.

Fucking liberals are crazy.

Fuckety

#15 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

Never been stopped and asked for my passport in the 16 years I've been coming.

Seems to be a new thing, suppose it would only take a minute to save some pics of your documents to your phone.

#16 Larry77

Larry77

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

Never been stopped and asked for my passport in the 16 years I've been coming.

Watched it 2 times last april at pattaya klang and soi buakhao that a japanese and a "white nose" pedestrian were controlled by the police.

#17 Ghost Of Steptoe

Ghost Of Steptoe

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts
  • Interests:horses, greyhounds, complaining, pie and mash and of course strange ladies with 3 legs

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:10 AM

I have been asked for ID on two occasions , both times I showed them my UK photo driving licence , which they were happy with , I did have photos of passport and immigration card on my phone but they said is ok .

It depends on the officer asking and the time of month , if they are on the hunt for a bribe they will find some reason to detain you ,if they are just doing their job following a dictat fro their superiors then you would probably be fine.

• Larry77 likes this

#18 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:02 PM

Except in the US - that'd be so racist yo.

Can't even ask for photo ID and proof of citizenship at the voting booth.

Fucking liberals are crazy.

Fuckety

Voting should be mandatory and could easily done without ID. Fucking conservatives and their trying to keep eligible voters from voting to help the GOP racist with their BS agenda

#19 Hello Katoey

Hello Katoey

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Voting should be mandatory and could easily done without ID. Fucking conservatives and their trying to keep eligible voters from voting to help the GOP racist with their BS agenda

How could it be done without some sort of ID?

Oh actually we don't have to have ID to vote here, but we get sent out a form. But if your not enrolled in an electorate (with a fixed adress) you can't vote

Edited by hellokatoey, 09 August 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#20 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

I have been asked for ID on two occasions , both times I showed them my UK photo driving licence , which they were happy with , I did have photos of passport and immigration card on my phone but they said is ok .
It depends on the officer asking and the time of month , if they are on the hunt for a bribe they will find some reason to detain you ,if they are just doing their job following a dictat fro their superiors then you would probably be fine.

I have my passport tattooed on my back complete with entry stamps each time I visit with my photo embedded in my skin. Never had to show the fucking thing yet though. Going to run out of back space soon
  • frankdrebin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users