#21 flamesfan7

flamesfan7

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, photography, music, ice hockey and of course Katoeys

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Voting should be mandatory and could easily done without ID. Fucking conservatives and their trying to keep eligible voters from voting to help the GOP racist with their BS agenda

Firstly, I am neither a republican or a democrat and do not care to be either. Secondly, I don't see myself as a "fucking conservative" and I will avoid classifying anybody in such terms throughout the balance of my post. And lastly, my post is not intended to solicit the common vitriol experienced so much on this site by expressing personal opinions. Hopefully I will not be cocksuckered too severely by merely posting my opinion. Good luck with that, eh?  LOL 

In the U.S. an ID is required for the following: Buy Alcohol or cigarettes

Drive/rent/buy a vehicle

Buy/rent a house or apartment

Open a bank account

Apply for a job or unemployment

Apply for welfare/food stamps/medicaid/social security

Board an airplane

Get married

Buy/own a firearm

Stay in a hotel

Apply for a hunting/fishing license

And 'm sure many other things

That being said, I'd like to know how requiring the population of the U.S. (or any country for that matter) to possess an ID and present it in order to prove their identity to vote is considered racist by many (mostly liberal democrats from what I perceive that appear to me to be striving to increase their voter base)??

I'd also like to know how voting can be done without an ID of some sort. 

Lastly I'd like to know who exactly in the US does not have an ID or some sort of proof as to who they are? And if they don't have one how hard would it be to assist them in obtaining an ID in order that they may vote legally and once only?

I am currently a "legal" permanent resident of the U.S..  My nationality is Canadian and I travel on a Canadian passport. I have lived in the U.S. most of my life. Served in the U.S. Army for 6 years (I was drafted in 1971 and chose not to return to Canada legally for asylum). I have been gainfully employed and paid taxes (quite substantial taxes I might add) my entire adult life. Raised a family here in the U.S. Never been convicted of a crime (or charged with a crime for that matter). Been a pillar of my community and am currently retired from over 30 long years in law enforcement and enjoying the fruits of my labors for years to come I hope. God Bless America (and Canada as well, eh?  LOL)

All this being true, as a Permanent Legal Resident I have never been able by law to vote in American elections. Why in the world would I agree with any change in voter law that would offer the possibility and essentially the probability of voter fraud to any other resident? 

With that I conclude my dissertation and bid you all a good day, a healthy life and the ladyboy of your choosing.  LOL

#22 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,203 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Firstly, I am neither a republican or a democrat and do not care to be either. Secondly, I don't see myself as a "fucking conservative" and I will avoid classifying anybody in such terms throughout the balance of my post. And lastly, my post is not intended to solicit the common vitriol experienced so much on this site by expressing personal opinions. Hopefully I will not be cocksuckered too severely by merely posting my opinion. Good luck with that, eh? LOL

In the U.S. an ID is required for the following: Buy Alcohol or cigarettes
Drive/rent/buy a vehicle
Buy/rent a house or apartment
Open a bank account
Apply for a job or unemployment
Apply for welfare/food stamps/medicaid/social security
Board an airplane
Get married
Buy/own a firearm
Stay in a hotel
Apply for a hunting/fishing license
And 'm sure many other things

That being said, I'd like to know how requiring the population of the U.S. (or any country for that matter) to possess an ID and present it in order to prove their identity to vote is considered racist by many (mostly liberal democrats from what I perceive that appear to me to be striving to increase their voter base)??

I'd also like to know how voting can be done without an ID of some sort.

Lastly I'd like to know who exactly in the US does not have an ID or some sort of proof as to who they are? And if they don't have one how hard would it be to assist them in obtaining an ID in order that they may vote legally and once only?

I am currently a "legal" permanent resident of the U.S.. My nationality is Canadian and I travel on a Canadian passport. I have lived in the U.S. most of my life. Served in the U.S. Army for 6 years (I was drafted in 1971 and chose not to return to Canada legally for asylum). I have been gainfully employed and paid taxes (quite substantial taxes I might add) my entire adult life. Raised a family here in the U.S. Never been convicted of a crime (or charged with a crime for that matter). Been a pillar of my community and am currently retired from over 30 long years in law enforcement and enjoying the fruits of my labors for years to come I hope. God Bless America (and Canada as well, eh? LOL)

All this being true, as a Permanent Legal Resident I have never been able by law to vote in American elections. Why in the world would I agree with any change in voter law that would offer the possibility and essentially the probability of voter fraud to any other resident?

With that I conclude my dissertation and bid you all a good day, a healthy life and the ladyboy of your choosing. LOL

Then research why it was started and who started wanting ID checks. They weren't needed for over a couple hundred years. There have been very few i incidents of voter fraud except those of fantasy. Then check which Americans are eligible to vote, but can't because they can't get an ID Why? Look into that too. Why is it so hard to get that ID and on the voter roles?
The US is supposed to be some beacon of democracy yet many, mostly red states, practice voter suppression. Coincidence?

It's harder for eligible voters to get ID cards in many states than it is to buy a gun. Beacon of democracy or of gun ownership?

Another GOP solution in search of a problem much like LGBT bathroom bills

https://www.brennanc...ues/voter-fraud

http://www.politifac...-voter-fraud-s/

http://votingrights....election-fraud/

Edited by Tony Soprano, 09 August 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#23 flamesfan7

flamesfan7

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

Tony I've done my research (quite extensive research I might add) and stand by my post. 

In the course of my research I have found that the vast majority of the examples of people not being able to get an ID are in my estimation merely unjustified arguments by the "voter rights" arm of the democrat party/left wing in order to eliminate any need for identification for voting and fatten up their base. Just because a handful of people don't know how to get an ID doesn't mean we should abolish any voter laws for fear of racism or discrimination or political correctness. 

Among others, I researched a piece claiming that a couple of women in PA were not able to vote because they could not get an ID due to the fact they had no birth certificate. They were both older women and minorities, so it made a really good piece for the democrats and the media. One woman was a retired nurse and I could not for the life of me understand how this woman had survived all these years without an ID. I suppose maybe she did not travel or drive or have a SS number or get married or open a bank account or cash a check. The other woman was a "Community Organizer". Surprise!!  Evidently they had never voted before, because if they had in the past they would already be on voter registration rolls. Keep in mind also that PA is a "blue" state. I try not to differentiate between "red" states and "blue" states, it only feeds into the serious division in the country present day. It only muddies the waters and strays into some really confusing discourse. I'm trying to confirm your allegation about "voter suppression in "red" states. Have to get back to you on that one. Not able to find much of substance. Only left wing dialogue about the bad republicans.

How can you know if there is voter fraud if you are not identifying the voters?

Google voter fraud sometime. You'll find the cases that were found out and were able to be confirmed. Many more could not be confirmed. How many more survive uncovered and are standard practices that are impossible to confirm? I would consider that the vast majority of the fraud remains undetected because of the lax voter ID laws people so fervently oppose. There are 3 people I can think of offhand that are foremost in the "voter rights" issue......Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and Hillary Clinton, among others of course. Quite a group, eh? I also remember James O'Keefe registering to vote in DC (Holders district) as Eric Holder, without presenting an ID and he was given a ballot. 

And voter fraud is not the only obstacle to clear, concise and legal elections. Election fraud is as serious a problem. Check the DNC for instance. 

I need to add that I'm not prone to dealing with past history Tony. I'm concerned about the here and now, not what transpired 200 years ago. How it started and who wanted it makes no difference to me. I can't imagine a world with no voter regulations and I would expect the same rules be applied to both democrats and republican and whoever else. I am essentially saying that in the world we live it "now" it should be "one citizen - one vote". That's it plain and simple, cut and dried.

Now it's almost happy hour. I'm off for a few cups.  LOL

#24 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,203 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

Tony I've done my research (quite extensive research I might add) and stand by my post.

In the course of my research I have found that the vast majority of the examples of people not being able to get an ID are in my estimation merely unjustified arguments by the "voter rights" arm of the democrat party/left wing in order to eliminate any need for identification for voting and fatten up their base. Just because a handful of people don't know how to get an ID doesn't mean we should abolish any voter laws for fear of racism or discrimination or political correctness.

Among others, I researched a piece claiming that a couple of women in PA were not able to vote because they could not get an ID due to the fact they had no birth certificate. They were both older women and minorities, so it made a really good piece for the democrats and the media. One woman was a retired nurse and I could not for the life of me understand how this woman had survived all these years without an ID. I suppose maybe she did not travel or drive or have a SS number or get married or open a bank account or cash a check. The other woman was a "Community Organizer". Surprise!! Evidently they had never voted before, because if they had in the past they would already be on voter registration rolls. Keep in mind also that PA is a "blue" state. I try not to differentiate between "red" states and "blue" states, it only feeds into the serious division in the country present day. It only muddies the waters and strays into some really confusing discourse. I'm trying to confirm your allegation about "voter suppression in "red" states. Have to get back to you on that one. Not able to find much of substance. Only left wing dialogue about the bad republicans.

How can you know if there is voter fraud if you are not identifying the voters?

Google voter fraud sometime. You'll find the cases that were found out and were able to be confirmed. Many more could not be confirmed. How many more survive uncovered and are standard practices that are impossible to confirm? I would consider that the vast majority of the fraud remains undetected because of the lax voter ID laws people so fervently oppose. There are 3 people I can think of offhand that are foremost in the "voter rights" issue......Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and Hillary Clinton, among others of course. Quite a group, eh? I also remember James O'Keefe registering to vote in DC (Holders district) as Eric Holder, without presenting an ID and he was given a ballot.

And voter fraud is not the only obstacle to clear, concise and legal elections. Election fraud is as serious a problem. Check the DNC for instance.

I need to add that I'm not prone to dealing with past history Tony. I'm concerned about the here and now, not what transpired 200 years ago. How it started and who wanted it makes no difference to me. I can't imagine a world with no voter regulations and I would expect the same rules be applied to both democrats and republican and whoever else. I am essentially saying that in the world we live it "now" it should be "one citizen - one vote". That's it plain and simple, cut and dried.

Now it's almost happy hour. I'm off for a few cups. LOL

I did google voter fraud. That's where I got the links I posted I'm sure you ignored. Did you think I had them memorized :Rolling:

I deleted most of this post. I'm in LOS. You believe what you want. I don't teally care what the guck you believe. Keep believing in them solutions with no problems and links to biased websites and all those illegal voters that didn't exist before the GOP could see the habdwriting on the wall. Happy hour. That's a funny one-:)

Edited by Tony Soprano, 09 August 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#25 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,203 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Try this link:

http://edition.cnn.c...epublican-2016/

#26 guysnightlife

guysnightlife

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

Voting should be mandatory and could easily done without ID. Fucking conservatives and their trying to keep eligible voters from voting to help the GOP racist with their BS agenda

why in the world should voting be mandatory

if someone doesnt know or care about politics there is no reason for them to fill out a ballot

#27 flamesfan7

flamesfan7

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

Despite what you allege Tony, I did waste a substantial amount of my precious time that I'll never get back checking out the 3 sites you posted. Post #1 was from some justice center connected with the New York University, an educational bastion of left wing liberalism ideology. The second from Politifact, which has been exposed for its apparent extreme left wing bias. The 3rd was some outfit called New21,a website aimed at young journalists. Your sources are all left wing oriented sites.

When you googled "voter fraud" it would appear you skipped right over any information that may have been supplied by an unbiased site or any of an opposing view from yours. The difference between you and I is that I at times read opposing view points from various sites in order to have an unbiased impression of what is going on. But you claim I am the biased one here??? What the fuck Tony!!

I deleted most of this post. I'm in LOS. You believe what you want. I don't teally care what the guck you believe. Keep believing in them solutions with no problems and links to biased websites and all those illegal voters that didn't exist before the GOP could see the habdwriting on the wall. Happy hour. That's a funny one- :) 

You have a very prominent left wing slant to your posts, yet you have the gall to tell me I rely on biased websites when it is you my friend that is totally biased. And you react just like a true left wing ideologue, by depicting me as a narrow minded, biased person. You probably think I'm a gun loving, racist, homophobic, misogynistic scumbag conservative republican Bush lover. The truth is I dislike both the republicans and the democrats, but I have developed an enormous distaste for the democrats, pretty much because they never can listen to an apposing view. Very much like you Tony.

Do me a favor and delete the whole post Tony my boy. The less I remember about our  small discourse the better I will feel. Lets fuggettaboutit. In closing let me offer you the fact that I do not care what the guck you believe in either. And what the fuck is so funny about happy hour.  LOL

• gradys likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users