LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Football, darts, beer and ladyboys

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hotel Icon Bangkok

No.49 Sukhumvit Road Soi 2, Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand 10110 

This was my first BKK Hotel so I can only compare it to a few Pattaya ones .

Checking in was fine bit slow with the paperwork . I was given a free purple soft drink while waiting ( The theme of the hotel was purple ) 

I booked with agoda for a ironic room for about €343 for four nights . With my room it came with 1 time mini bar so after you drink the 4 beers and soft drinks they will replace becomes a regular mini bar again. 2 cocktails and tapas a day  which was a limited choice of 3 cocktails ( my favourite was the purple margita )  between 4pm-8pm. Also you get 2 all day BTS train pass per stay included with the deal .

The Ironic rooms are on the 6th floor so it's on same floor as the tiny gym, pool and bar .

Just watch out for wet floor as you have to walk across pool entrance to the elevator .

The rooftop pool looks good but only few sunbeds so just my luck I had a coach full of young americans who like to use it in the afternoon . 

My room was spotless everyday the most cleanest room I've ever stayed in . The shower was ok and the the lights and shaving mirror was good . 

​Late at night you can pretty much see everything in the bathroom as its glass walls so you can watch her have a shower or she can see you taking a dump late night . 

Breakfast was alright and they would change a few items every two days I believe.

Short walk to nana if you cut thru anna massage roja hotel car park .  

Very new hotel and very clean . Price is a bit too high now at the moment but if you see a deal for it I would recommend .

Ladyboy friendly and they would call your room while they was checking out .

Staff was very helpful and polite .

Sorry pictures are on the sideways view 

Attached Images

• 20160311_141235.jpg
  • 20160311_142944.jpg
  • 20160311_142915.jpg
  • 20160311_155107.jpg
  • 20160311_141250.jpg
  • 20160311_184932.jpg
  • 20160315_090902.jpg
  • 20160312_075030.jpg
  • 20160312_075039.jpg
  • 20160312_075046.jpg
  • 20160314_195518.jpg
  • bkk.jpg

• fenton likes this

#2 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,115 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:25 PM

Looks a nice pad Mr 1K :), I'm thinking of sauntering up to BKK for a 2 nights on my next trip.  Its a bit pricey, roughly £70 a night. Would defo stay I could get a deal :).

• Mr1000baht likes this

#3 Mr1000baht

Mr1000baht

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

POPULAR

Looks a nice pad Mr 1K :), I'm thinking of sauntering up to BKK for a 2 nights on my next trip.  Its a bit pricey, roughly £70 a night. Would defo stay I could get a deal :).

Yeah I was looking them yesterday and it's double the price I paid for it . 

I can understand only two nights as BKK is ok for few days but I can't relax there 

I forgot to mention it's really quite hotel at night . 

Also this what happens when you got the room lights off and the bathroom lights are on view 

Attached Images

• 20160313_001308.jpg

• glenlivet76, fenton and bentonr5986 like this

#4 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,115 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

I haven't been to NEP in years and would love to visit again.  In another a thread, a poster commented it was teaming with Arabs, was that the case. Soi 3 is there place I recall.

#5 Mr1000baht

Mr1000baht

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

I remember the other side of sukhumvit being Arab part of town ( soi 3 ) . I'll walk around it one night but it was mostly men and very few birds about .

NEP was great not pushy at all 

• fenton likes this

#6 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 9,931 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:02 AM

NEP was great not pushy at all

Beats a night in DDV's huh?

#7 Mr1000baht

Mr1000baht

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Beats a night in DDV's huh?

After reading a few reports I was expecting the worse . You hear guys getting push into bars but really I just walk around and just had the normal welcome , smiles and few jokes to the girls there everything was sound . 

Well I'm back to my lonely nights of looking on my computer and watching all my catch tv shows my sky box got filled up so hopefully on the box sets I can watch the flash and the blacklist as they the only two missing on my planner listing .

#8 SecondChance@Life

SecondChance@Life

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Interests:Football, Travel, and living life to the fullest.

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:27 AM

Just wanted to bump the thread.

Stayed here one night in a basic deluxe room. I found the hotel itself very modern and the basic room was well outfitted and bigger than your usual room at a small boutique hotel.

I did not do breakfast but made a visit to the rooftop pool. Was a very good option considering the opulence and only paying $36usd for a basic deluxe. Very quiet soi and no loitering people.

Only thing I noticed was I used to stay on soi 2 regularly and cut through the raja parking lot over to soi 4. It looks like with the new construction that it has been blocked off now so just take the tuktuk up to the top of the soi and walk down to soi 4.

Would definitely recommend if you want a quality room in that area but don't want to pay higher prices like at JW Majestic Grand or Landmark but don't want to slum it an I-check in or another bargain hotel.

#9 sweetlookinkid

sweetlookinkid

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

Great thread! I've booked 2 nights in March for £100.

Is it walking distance to LB bars?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users