Rate this topic

yup, great American is good, I've posted about it on the food thread, have taken many BMs there, all good sandwiches and large portions.

David (owner) has different monthly specials.  

just wish he would stay open later, he closes at midnight (I've spoken to him about it).

FYI, cute GG works there.

Had a Philly Cheese Steak at Great American and it was good.  Not as good as ones I've had in the US but at least an average US

one.  I will go back for other selections, but I also try not to eat much meat.

Had a Cheese and bacon Burger delivered from Farser's Pub last week which I really liked. No pre-made patty crap.  My pic here doesn't do it

justice because the cheese was on top of the bacon on top of the burger so you can't see that.  It was so melted into the bun top I would have

destroyed the bun top when I tried to separate them.  Very little lettuce and tomato,  don't like that on a burger anyway,  and had fried onions which

you should see.

IMG_4931-1.jpg

They only will cook them med-well

Edited by Tony Soprano

Had a Philly Cheese Steak at Great American and it was good.  Not as good as ones I've had in the US but at least an average US

one.  I will go back for other selections, but I also try not to eat much meat.

Had a Cheese and bacon Burger delivered from Farser's Pub last week which I really liked. No pre-made patty crap.  My pic here doesn't do it

justice because the cheese was on top of the bacon on top of the burger so you can't see that.  It was so melted into the bun top I would have

destroyed the bun top when I tried to separate them.  Very little lettuce and tomato,  don't like that on a burger anyway,  and had fried onions which

you should see.

attachicon.gifIMG_4931-1.jpg

They only will cook them med-well

looks well-done to me, but I don't know.

last night I had a burger at the stand on buakhao/soi 15, recommended by a BM.

thought it was quite good, and better than the stand on Soi honey.

keep in mind, it's a fast food stand, but it's better than McD.

looks well-done to me, but I don't know.

last night I had a burger at the stand on buakhao/soi 15, recommended by a BM.

thought it was quite good, and better than the stand on Soi honey.

keep in mind, it's a fast food stand, but it's better than McD.

Maybe they leaned more on the well part-:). So far, the only food I’ve had that’s been better than back home is Thai food-:)

Think the Oz-burger is really good (the one with premium beef). Especially late when drunk.

Burger itself might not be the top of the notch. (But really good)

But the bun is the best I have had, and that is what makes it so good.

I had a burger at The Tavern in Soi 4 Bkk last week and it was excellent ....140B with no fries just some simple salad and raw onions 

I think the reason I love their burgers is the Charcoal Grill which is hidden/ insulated from the bar by a sliding window and the fact that they will serve the patty rare ...which keeps it moist 

Haven't found anywhere in Pattaya who can do that .

RiP Scott , I raised my glass to his photo which was looking down on the bar .

The bar is largely unchanged excepting these days they don't have a paperbacks to swap shelf .

That does look good Kendo and has all the right trimmings and proper (not frozen ) chips ...will give it a go next time . but it maybe a struggle as I do find it hard to go past their excellent meatballs !!

Edited by LordJim

Yakuza burger on the walk through opposite marine disco does a great burger.

Opens from around 17.00 i believe and open until 09.00 in the morning.

Sean Archer and SGC introduced me to that place one morning after Marine. Agree great spot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk