hooters

#42 vp25975

vp25975

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

American Diner in Walking Street.   Yes to Hooters as well, just the price of everything at this place will make your eyes water.

Personally I like to drift into Kiss Food on 2nd Road, at around 3am when I have had a gut full of cider and then any burger tastes like heaven :)

• Rinzler likes this

#43 GrifterMan

GrifterMan

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Transhumanism, Ladyboys, Neanderthals, Old School

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Butcher's Arm Inn restaurant had a pretty tasty cheeseburger and fries I can recommend. Pics on pg 4 of my trip report. I don't usually visit chains on vacation unless I am scared of local food for some reason.

#44 coolball

coolball

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:44 PM

rockhouse - lk metro - delicious

• OTK likes this

#45 Bangrock

Bangrock

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

Hooters.
...for those days you wanna mortgage a meal...

Seriously. Fuck them. Don't care how good their bar food is.

#46 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

The wagyu cheese and bacon burger at steak and co on soi lengkee. I would rate it a good 8/10 wasn't dry like earlier stated all the grease moistened it up I suppose. Quite pricey at 345B but complementary warm bread for starters and mints and juice for afters.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

#47 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

Tried the beefeater equivalent(with mash because I feel my hearts going to explode the amount of crap I'm eating) would give it a 6/10 it was quite sickly. Steak and co wins hands down both 345B.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

#48 Captain B

Captain B

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

I was going to say the same but the venue is Punch and Judy. Same deal. Excellent for the price.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Stop press. Punch and Judy burger and San mig Lt Weds deal gone up from 150bt to 175bt. Inflation as well as crap exchangerate to deal with now.

Hooters burger is crap

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

#49 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:20 AM

If any of you Burger fans are ever on Soi 4 in Bkk try out the burgers at the small Amercian owned bar ...about 100m down from NEP on same side .Opposite corner of the small soi by the English Jools Bar (which btw has to be one of the worlds strangest pubs and is best avoided )

Forgotten the name but owner is a nice American guy called Scott and it always has a few friendly Yanks in there 

Burgers are about  baht 100B , Home made , Flame Grilled with fries and nice salad ...I have mine rare and they are pink and tasty /moist 

Edited by LordJim, 26 August 2016 - 01:21 AM.

• Shep.fr likes this

#50 love-trans

love-trans

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

Sailor bar Soi 8 ish does a cheap and cheerful burger.

Do not listen to this man ... that is not a good burger

BUT .. excellent place for a Drink

• odotor likes this

#51 Bangrock

Bangrock

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Think that's the Tavern on soi 4, LordJim. NEver ate there a lot, but it's alright, I guess. I usually hit BusStop across the street just 'cause the feel is better. 130b for burger and fries. Not huge, but it's good. Could easily eat two though, haha.

Jools. 55. Yeah. Lived on soi 4 for years and never saw the point of going in there.

#52 Gobbin

Gobbin

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:01 AM

If any of you Burger fans are ever on Soi 4 in Bkk try out the burgers at the small Amercian owned bar ...about 100m down from NEP on same side .Opposite corner of the small soi by the English Jools Bar (which btw has to be one of the worlds strangest pubs and is best avoided )
Forgotten the name but owner is a nice American guy called Scott and it always has a few friendly Yanks in there 
Burgers are about  baht 100B , Home made , Flame Grilled with fries and nice salad ...I have mine rare and they are pink and tasty /moist

The owner died last week....his liver packed up. Perils of running a bar.

Was called The Tavern. Had the smallest tables I ever saw.

#53 nikki666

nikki666

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:11 PM

The owner died last week....his liver packed up. Perils of running a bar.

Was called The Tavern. Had the smallest tables I ever saw.

Very sorry to hear this , Scott was pretty rough in March when I was last there.... the girls would help him on his bar stool and feed him his dark Sambuca.

I wonder what will happen to the place, IMO ...one of the best breakfast spots in the area..free refills on the coffee too ....RIP....

#54 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:59 PM

Yes the Tavern has/had great burgers. Sorry to see the owner has passed away. I saw him in there some mornings hammering shots and getting the girls drunk as well.

I went in one morning and ordered the big breakfast with scrambled eggs. They served me fried eggs. This is Thailand so what the hell i was going to eat the fried eggs. One of the girls realized I ordered scrambled eggs. She came over and got my plate and said she would make the order correct. I said no big deal. She said they will make it right because they want the customer to come back again. This happened in Thailand with a Thai! A really well trained staff.

Jool's burgers next door aren't bad except they serve them with mayo. I assume that is a European thing although it also happened to me in Costa Rica.

EDIT :

I found this over on Pattaya-Addicts.com Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

Originally written by Stickman

The Tavern on Soi Nana is a small American-owned, American-themed bar with a cult following.  With seating for just a handful of people, The Tavern was the brainchild of American expat Scott.  Next to The Tavern was a small sub-soi named after Scott who arranged for an official-looking sign to go up calling it Soi Scott.  Sadly, Scott reached the end of the soi yesterday and passed away after spending several days in ICU at Chulalongkorn Hospital where he was being treated for liver failure.  Scott had been a practicing emergency room physician until he discovered South-East Asia.  He ran the Jungle Bar in Phnom Penh around 2006 / 2007 and later moved to Bangkok where he opened The Tavern in Soi Nana.  It had a cult following amongst Americans in Bangkok and with a limited food menu featuring the likes of chilli, hamburgers and hot dogs, some described it as a small slice of the USA in downtown Bangkok.  It is believed that cashier Gai will take over the lease and the running of The Tavern.  Gai has been with Scott at The Tavern since day one.  Scott Lawson was in his late 50s.  May he rest in peace.

Edited by Len Dtuut, 16 September 2016 - 10:17 PM.

• Shep.fr likes this

#55 hailbritania

hailbritania

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:53 PM

Yes the Tavern has/had great burgers. Sorry to see the owner has passed away. I saw him in there some mornings hammering shots and getting the girls drunk as well.

I went in one morning and ordered the big breakfast with scrambled eggs. They served me fried eggs. This is Thailand so what the hell i was going to eat the fried eggs. One of the girls realized I ordered scrambled eggs. She came over and got my plate and said she would make the order correct. I said no big deal. She said they will make it right because they want the customer to come back again. This happened in Thailand with a Thai! A really well trained staff.

Jool's burgers next door aren't bad except they serve them with mayo. I assume that is a European thing although it also happened to me in Costa Rica.

EDIT :

I found this over on Pattaya-Addicts.com Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

Originally written by Stickman

The Tavern on Soi Nana is a small American-owned, American-themed bar with a cult following.  With seating for just a handful of people, The Tavern was the brainchild of American expat Scott.  Next to The Tavern was a small sub-soi named after Scott who arranged for an official-looking sign to go up calling it Soi Scott.  Sadly, Scott reached the end of the soi yesterday and passed away after spending several days in ICU at Chulalongkorn Hospital where he was being treated for liver failure.  Scott had been a practicing emergency room physician until he discovered South-East Asia.  He ran the Jungle Bar in Phnom Penh around 2006 / 2007 and later moved to Bangkok where he opened The Tavern in Soi Nana.  It had a cult following amongst Americans in Bangkok and with a limited food menu featuring the likes of chilli, hamburgers and hot dogs, some described it as a small slice of the USA in downtown Bangkok.  It is believed that cashier Gai will take over the lease and the running of The Tavern.  Gai has been with Scott at The Tavern since day one.  Scott Lawson was in his late 50s.  May he rest in peace.

if this is the place i think it is it's so filthy i turned right around

anyone got a pic of the front of it

#56 nikki666

nikki666

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:17 PM

The-Tavern-Exterior.jpg

#57 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,469 posts
  • Interests:Selectively Censored

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:49 AM

The wagyu cheese and bacon burger at steak and co on soi lengkee. I would rate it a good 8/10 wasn't dry like earlier stated all the grease moistened it up I suppose. Quite pricey at 345B but complementary warm bread for starters and mints and juice for afters.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Mayonnaise on a burger?  And fuck with the lettuce and tomato. Whole sliced onion, relish, mustard and ketchup for me.

#58 aussieboi

aussieboi

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:anything but soccer

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

I reckon the burger at sizzlers is good.also the little burger place in night bazaar off 2nd road.its hard to beat any burger that's got beetroot on it.you can beat an egg but you can't beetaroot

#59 downnout

downnout

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:04 PM

Very sorry to hear this , Scott was pretty rough in March when I was last there.... the girls would help him on his bar stool and feed him his dark Sambuca.
I wonder what will happen to the place, IMO ...one of the best breakfast spots in the area..free refills on the coffee too ....RIP....

My favorite place in Bangkok for breakfast especially on Mon,Tues & Fri morning during Nfl season, excellent food great staff ( Gai is a hotty) I hope she can keep it going.
The last 5 years in Dec when I was in town Scott would look a little rougher each year I always wondered how someone could do that to themselves just pound alcohol like that every morning, may he rest in peace.

#60 Blodstrupmoen

Blodstrupmoen

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

The-Tavern-Exterior.jpg

Oh that place. I have never eaten in there before. But have been there many times. Usually if I have gotten up way to early on a day off from the office. This place has always been open and I have had a few drinks in there waiting for morning/night to open.
I like that door bell button they have outside. So when you need a new drink you just ring it and the bar lady will come to the window with a new drink for you. Brilliant.

Thinking about it I actually met Bas Rutten in there once.

Edited by kongkuk, 17 September 2016 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users