12 replies to this topic

#1 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

Seems, this time they are shooting over the target...

Increased Agogo and bar raids - standard procedure, when doing the shuffle of the Pattaya Police Chief.

However, this time it seems to me, more Army involved and visible, and far more BiB on the the streets. Patrolling everywhere, even late at night in quiet Pratamnak.

And road blocks, where you have never seen any before.
eg. here preparation for a road block on Buakhao Soi 15:
20160618_122524.jpg

#2 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

POPULAR

the new boss is  police colonel Apichai Krobpetch . also big changes at city hall as from June 16th a new administration team ( think 12 people) and system to be put in place to govern crazy town................... pattaya will no longer have a mayor.

heard a long while back to get a position in the pattaya police is a very lucrative posting for obvious reasons. rumour was it helped if the applicant turned up at the interview with a fat brown envelope.    

pattaya has been self administrating since 1978 that is now over. no doubt the current military government has had a major part to play in this.

for the majority of holiday makers and ex pats it will continue as if nothing has happened. but like all new brooms when put in a position of power they have to be seen to do something.

road blocks, raids on bars and agogo establishments are all highly visible and seen as proactive policing for the common good. all reported in the media to show what a wonderful job they are doing. one of the media moguls here is a chap called nials colev ( wrong spelling) but he to is a FPV = foreign police volunteer

police checks n roadblocks on the back sois at night have defiantly increased they now spring up in places that I have never seen them in before. as much as I dislike the baht bus I do tend to be using more.

one good thing about the roadblock at night is they are always illuminated. see the above picture of triangle with battery to power the light tubes and red flashing light. which they usually position in the middle of the road.  so if you spot it early enough it is possible to take an evasive manoeuvre and a detour. another clue is a slow moving tailback of traffic where their is not normally one.

rgds soidog.       

• petesie, gympy and Kendo UK like this

#3 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

also big changes at city hall as from June 16th a new administration team ( think 12 people) and system to be put in place to govern crazy town................... pattaya will no longer have a mayor.

pattaya has been self administrating since 1978 that is now over. no doubt the current military government has had a major part to play in this.

Thanks Soidog. If all this is true, what's the story about the existing mayor? He struck me as being very high profile, at least in his media coverage. If he has been bumped by the military, I don't suppose his red shirt sympathies would have helped his cause.

Edited by Zoonie the Lazoon, 18 June 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#4 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Soidog. If all this is true, what's the story about the existing mayor? He struck me as being very high profile, at least in his media coverage. If he has been bumped by the military, I don't suppose his red shirt sympathies would have helped his cause.

His term just finished, think Friday was the last day in office.

#5 bob2011

bob2011

Ladyboy Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

If you're interested in a little background on Ittiphol Kunploem, there's plenty to search but a good place to start is with his father....

http://www.pattayane...khunploems.html

bob

#6 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 11,107 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

They remove the administration and replace it with their own...pretty transparent.  <_<

#7 JerrySingapore

JerrySingapore

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

They remove the administration and replace it with their own...pretty transparent.  <_<

Even corrupt administrations have time durations, and the previous administration 5(?) year term just came to an end

And since there is no democratic process in Thailand at the moment i.e. no way to hold a city/regional/any election, an interim team has to go it and take charge (at least that is how it was explained to me a few days ago)

#8 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,237 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Even corrupt administrations have time durations, and the previous administration 5(?) year term just came to an end

And since there is no democratic process in Thailand at the moment i.e. no way to hold a city/regional/any election, an interim team has to go it and take charge (at least that is how it was explained to me a few days ago)

It is a 4 year term.

As the current administration who is in charge have said that elections are postponed to a future date and the tenure of the current elected ones have run out.... then they have put some representatives in to replace the ones whose tenure is up. Some whose tenure is up... have been retained as advisors so really not much will change.

From our point of view... why worry.. we cannot influence or change anything so may as well get on with our current activities.

cheers
  • jmboy likes this

#9 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,947 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

If I'm in a barand the police/army raid it it'll be like old times in the US. If you in a LOS bar and it gets raided and you have an ED drug in your picket, would you be in trouble? Have to have your passport? Not be getting a BJ from a LB? If you were, would they let you at least cum?-:)

#10 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

Another observation is that they are bringing in a lot of forces from outside. A lot of road blocks are manned by policemen not coming from Pattaya.The typical envelope will most likely not work, if caught with an offence...

Also obviously far less of Niels Colov's gang, my "beloved" Foreign Police Volunteers. Would love to hear, they are following up Colov's history in Denmark... but it seems that will never happen.
  • soidog likes this

#11 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,891 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

Could you be stopped if you was walking by the roadblock, say for example you had a little too much to drink? made to present ID etc.

#12 Devman

Devman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

I wonder if there could be a bit more to the high visibility. Could they be putting in place a structure ahead of there being a very big announcement fairly soon?

• insearchofxxx likes this

#13 57Chevy

57Chevy

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Girls with 2 or 3 legs :)
    Rock Music

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:32 AM

Dresscode for Pattaya?

26092848ng.jpg

In two german forums I did read that this sign has been placed throughout Pattaya.
They say that anybody caught "unproperly" dressed will be detained to an area behind Big C where the detainee has to watch a 1 hr movie about the proper dresscode in Thailand.

Is this just a hoax or the truth???

Edited by 57Chevy, 05 July 2016 - 04:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users