LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Mongering and Molesting LBs & GGs

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hello,

as most of you know, I am HIV+. 

4 weeks ago I changed my meds from Truvada to Descovy. Descovy being the newer better version with less side effects and smaller dosage. Now however I am left with 2 sealed bottles (30 pills) each of Truvada. I already asked the pharmacy if i should give them back, but they will not take returns since I already paid for them.

So the question is. Does anyone want two original sealed bottles of truvada for PreP usage. These are the only meds which are approved for PreP. Exp on both is Late 2019. One bottle normally costs around 800 Euro when you buy it over the net. I am willing to let them go for 500 each or 800 for both.

Now using these as PreP as prevention massively reduces the risk of catching HIV. 

I am in Thailand for the whole of July so I can bring them along for anyone who would like to buy them. I can also send via post but thats at your own risk.

@admin: if this post is inappropriate then please delete it.

Attached Files

• Blodstrupmoen likes this

#2 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

Even their own literature states that this has to be used alongside safe-sex practices and is not 100% failsafe. Why would anyone not just use condoms, especially considering the possibly serious side effects of the medication ? Is this paranoia taken to the extreme ?

#3 Hello Katoey

Hello Katoey

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,117 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

Even their own literature states that this has to be used alongside safe-sex practices and is not 100% failsafe. Why would anyone not just use condoms, especially considering the possibly serious side effects of the medication ? Is this paranoia taken to the extreme ?

Condoms are not 100%, so why not use both if you can afford it and don't suffer bad side-effects? Peace of mind for some might come at a high price/

#4 butznutz

butznutz

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Mongering and Molesting LBs & GGs

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

we all know that some people simply prefer bareback. They will off course never post so, but with PreP the chance of getting HIV is lowered considerably

#5 gympy

gympy

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

How much did you actually pay for them in Germany ?

You can buy the generic Tenvir-EM made under license by Cipla for about 100USD for a bottle of 30.  Shipped to Europe.

#6 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

extremely stupid to take any kind of drug unless prescribed by your doctor, you do not know what side effects they could have when taken with your usual medication.

Hence that's why you have to see your GP.

#7 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

So the question is. Does anyone want two original sealed bottles of truvada for PreP usage. These are the only meds which are approved for PreP. Exp on both is Late 2019. One bottle normally costs around 800 Euro when you buy it over the net. I am willing to let them go for 500 each or 800 for both.

Now using these as PreP as prevention massively reduces the risk of catching HIV. 

Dear Butznutz,

It is true that PrEP help prevent HIV infections.
There are three brands available in Thailand; Original Germany-made Truvada, Generic Indian and generic Thai PrEP.
Listed on this website http://www.sathorncl.../buypreponline/Original Truvada is like 140Euro per bottle.

And actually it is even cheaper at Thai Red Cross in Bangkok.

#8 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

How much did you actually pay for them in Germany ?

You can buy the generic Tenvir-EM made under license by Cipla for about 100USD for a bottle of 30.  Shipped to Europe.

Ref : www.sathornclinic.com/buypreponline/  You can buy original GILEAD Truvada at around the same price for a bottle of 30, shipped to Europe/US/Canada/Australia
Generic PrEP are also available there, you can meet with doctors and get prescription and medication in no time.

#9 weknow

weknow

LB Lover

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

extremely stupid to take any kind of drug unless prescribed by your doctor, you do not know what side effects they could have when taken with your usual medication.

Hence that's why you have to see your GP.

I would agree that it is not very smart to take PrEP without seeing a doc before.
Before and during taking PrEP you'll get consultation, some risk evaluation, blood test to confirm you do not have HIV infection and other base line testing.
You guys can learn more about PrEP here http://www.whatisprep.org/

#10 ttggbb

ttggbb

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

Read this first!!!

Sexually Transmitted Disease Cases Hit New High in U.S. by MAGGIE FOX More cases of sexually transmitted diseases were reported last year than ever before, federal officials said Wednesday — just as state and local health departments that could help fight them lose funding. More than 1.5 million people were reported with chlamydia, the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. The CDC recorded nearly 400,000 cases of gonorrhea and nearly 24,000 cases of syphilis. Related: 3 Common STDs Are Becoming Untreatable "The STD epidemic is getting worse in the United States and, in fact, is at its highest levels yet," said Dr. Jonathan Mermin, director of CDC's National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. The CDC reported a record year for STDs in 2014, also, but the trend is worsening, Mermin told NBC News. "Last year was the first year that we saw increases but those increases are actually continuing and at a higher rate," Mermin said. 10/19/2016 nbcnews.com http://www.nbcnews.c...igh­u­s­n6690512/4 The new numbers translate to a 19 percent increase in syphilis cases, a 13 percent rise in gonorrhea and a 6 percent increase in chlamydia, Mermin said. While some of the new numbers may be due to better reporting of cases, most of the rise appears to be a real increase in new infections, he said. "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT TALKING ABOUT SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE PREVENTION INCREASES SEXUAL ACTIVITY." Gay and bisexual men account for many of the new cases, and the biggest numbers are among young adults, especially those in their late teens and early 20s. "Half of all STDs occur in youth under age 20," Mermin said. Part of the increase may be due to better treatment for HIV, which may make people believe — usually wrongly — they do not need to use condoms. CDC officials say. At the same time, state and local health departments are losing funding. "That is correlated with an eroding infrastructure for sexually transmitted disease clinics," Mermin said. "In 2012 alone, half of state public health programs had to close some of those clinics." That means young people most vulnerable to new infection have fewer places to go for help, advice, testing and treatment, he said. All three infections can be cured with antibiotics, but people often don't even know they are infected. In the early stages none of them cause obvious symptoms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users