#1 soidog

soidog

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

Sure many of us are familiar with  Retox in soi lengkee that has the 99b good value, high cholesterol, gut buster tasty  breakfast that can set you up for the day if going on the lash.  

We now have another Retox, situated in soi honey towards the 2nd road end, same proprietor. Similar set up lots of TV screens showing sport.    Called in today thinking it will be same, same price as the other establishment....... It is not.......  a word of warning they do not do the 99b special.

The small breakfast is 95b = I egg, 1 bacon. 1 sausage, tea, etc.

The large breakfast which seemed to be the same as the one in soi lengkee but with mushrooms, and an extra rasher of bacon was priced at a hefty 295b.

So for the price of 1 at the new place you can get 3 at the old retox.  know what one I will be going to in the future.

rgds soidog.

#2 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Selectively Censored

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

I watched the Leicester/Hull match there and it's very nice inside, but it is pricey for sure.

Never been to the Lengkee one. Do they have a lot of TV's?  A/C?  Put ay game you want

on TV?

#3 cherjam1

cherjam1

LB Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,298 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

I watched the Leicester/Hull match there and it's very nice inside, but it is pricey for sure.
Never been to the Lengkee one. Do they have a lot of TV's?  A/C?  Put ay game you want
on TV?

Aye it's pretty much the same
  • Tony Soprano likes this

#4 bayhill

bayhill

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

they did a good job remodeling, definitely spent some money, but it is a little expensive.

but 24/7 sports, near central when i'm staggering drunk.

3-4am i'm usually there or at the burger stand next to it.

personally, i prefer the old rosco's, just a chill place, cheap beers, blah blah.  

FYI - if you want a young GG, her name is Dany (be careful, mom works there also).

edit - couple LBs work there, but it seems everywhere is a mixed bar nowadays.

Edited by bayhill, 17 August 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#5 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the update Dog

The more places that show the Footy , the better ..and yes , I'll probably keep going to the old Retox for their great brekky at a very decent price , even though its further away for me to walk

Could do with the exercise though , I suppose  

#6 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

I had the breakfast burrito there and it was pretty good...big portion just shy of 200b I believe.

#7 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

Very handy addition , especially for someone like me staying at VT6 . Big A/c Bar , lots of good sports memorabilia  , I was enjoying my 95 baht brekkie , when a tap of the shoulder , turned out to be Dean the gaffer of Witherspoons fame , who has now taken overseeing things here at the Retox

Wondered where he was last weekend at Witherspoons ..come to think of it , his framed Charlton athletic shirt wasn't on the wall ..so that explains.

Sure many of you would know Him , very affable bloke ,..theres a great range of Ales , including London Pride , a decent menu , loads of sport on different screens , and up to date editions of the UK Daily Mail , Melbourne Herald Sun etc ..........I'll be visiting quite often I imagine 

Oh there was a very tall and quite good looking LB on duty , something else to look at ...gee , what more could you want ?

Edited by Jaguar, 22 September 2016 - 11:54 AM.

#8 BENBEN

BENBEN

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

Stayed in Lengkee recently. Went to retox most mornings for breakfast, either the 99 baht fry or an omlette and was happy with food each morning. Few nights before end of my trip I went there at approx 7pm and ordered the meatballs. First meatball I cut through was still frozen in middle. I had already eaten some of the meat and sauce. Sent it back and left. Ate at the steak place accross the road. Was sick a couple of times that night but fine next day.

#9 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

A big fan of the retox venues, for both girls and food. Wish them continued success

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users