• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys.
    ladyboy cocks.
    big ladyboy cocks.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:47 AM

POPULAR

I can understand what FYE means, when i first started coming to Thailand i used to think what the fuck when trying to walk on a pavement that resembled a roller coaster, then finishing up with a loose cable wrapped around my neck.
But after living here for a long time i learn't that it is better to accept things as they are [loose cables and all ].
After all, if i wanted everything nice and safe and all things westernised then i would have stayed in England.

Just go with the flow, take things easy, relax and accept Thailand for what it is, you will enjoy it more.

I like Thailand as it is [dangly cocks and all ]. :)

• insearchofxxx, aussiemale, Blodstrupmoen and 1 other like this

#23 FYE

FYE

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

POPULAR

Classic 

• oldlover, Tony Soprano and bayhill like this

#24 FYE

FYE

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

So is there any building reg’s at all ?

#25 bayhill

bayhill

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

oops, 555.

foreman to workers, "we will take care of that later", 555 (assuming there is a foreman, or inspection for that matter).

Edited by bayhill, 23 August 2016 - 08:42 AM.

#26 SBK

SBK

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

Flipping this around, a big problem I have with western culture is that to a large extent people don't have to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. The culture of laying the blame elsewhere and claiming compensation is all too prevalent. How many adverts do you see every day for injury lawyers and where there's blame there's a claim?

The case that always sticks with me is the woman that sued McDonalds for $2 million after she spilt her coffee on herself because it was their fault the coffee was too hot. There was another case that was discussed on a course I attended about a burglar who fell through a conservatory roof while attempting to commit a burglary and sued the owners of the house for the injuries he suffered. If that's what you call progress then I quite like the fact that Thailand is the way it is. 

I don't live in Thailand and I appreciate that the longer you spend around these things, the more of an issue they become, so those of you that do live there will probably have a different opinion, which is fair enough.

Ok, that coffee thing being sprouted off triggers me so fucking much its ridiculous.   Did you see what that coffee did to her?  It wasn't just "Hot" it was unbelievable ridiculously, overheated. 

watch it.  I agree the blame culture is ridiculous, but sometimes shit isn't what it seems.

• Tony Soprano and bbullersen like this

#27 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,731 posts
  • Interests:Selectively Censored

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

Flipping this around, a big problem I have with western culture is that to a large extent people don't have to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. The culture of laying the blame elsewhere and claiming compensation is all too prevalent. How many adverts do you see every day for injury lawyers and where there's blame there's a claim?

The case that always sticks with me is the woman that sued McDonalds for $2 million after she spilt her coffee on herself because it was their fault the coffee was too hot. There was another case that was discussed on a course I attended about a burglar who fell through a conservatory roof while attempting to commit a burglary and sued the owners of the house for the injuries he suffered. If that's what you call progress then I quite like the fact that Thailand is the way it is. 

I don't live in Thailand and I appreciate that the longer you spend around these things, the more of an issue they become, so those of you that do live there will probably have a different opinion, which is fair enough.

That older woman at McDonald's never got 2 million. These big awards always get big media attention, but when the company that gets

sued wins on appeal, they almost always do, you never hear about that. All of these so-called 'outrageous lawsuts" get appealed, but that's

not the story the corporate media wants you to know.  FWIW,  I saw pics of the woman thighs where she got burned and it wasn't pretty if

they were real pics.   And before the jury awarded her the 2 million that she never got, she offered to settle for $20,000 to cover her medical

expense and lost wages. Mickey D's wouldn't agree.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

http://www.dailymail...-The-truth.html

Use facts

Edit: a large portion of so-called "frivolous lawsuits" never get to court. Either their settled out of court for much

less than was the amount being sued for or they get thrown out for being.......... frivolous

Edited by Tony Soprano, 23 August 2016 - 09:24 AM.

#28 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,731 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:27 AM

There used to be a black preacher in a city with a good sized population not far from where I grew up

that used to sell for $1000 a step on the stairway to heaven.  And I didn't believe him B)  Guy had

quite a bit of money ripping off his brothers and sisters

#29 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,731 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

I have a solution.  Watch where your going :blink:  I know there's some strange things on the roads and

sidewalks in LOS,  but LOS can't see things for you :)

#30 FYE

FYE

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

So there is no health and safety when things get done,  they just get done ? 

Question to LordJim  as he just enquiring for a local building firm to help with some condo’s    http://www.ladyboysp...g-firm-pattaya/

When doing up said condo’s  i gather there on multiple floors ?   so the safety on that ?  do you fit fire alarms ?  smoke alarms ?  fire escape’s ?    there was once a few questions thrown at La Bamba when they opened up there rooms and got heated but as you see LaBamba has balconys and a ladder , Most guest houses have balcony’s so there is access for a fire crew if someone were stuck in the room due to the only the access is stairs which could be blocked by said  fire ?  Also it has been said that most hotels have a fire escape but could be locked ??  but at same time the lift is always by the stairs so maybe a exit but again most have balconys.   

The hideaway & BBoom have balcony’s so access in a emergancy. 

So whats the regs on saftey when it comes to fire escapes ?    would you personally book a room with no escape ?  is it something you think about when choosing your hotel for your holiday ( question to travellers ) 

thoughts ?  

When you first book your first trip the excitment is overwhelming and its just book flight hotel take cash have fun,  over time you think about room safes getting the injections as your getting into things which carry risks etc but what about safety when your asleep ? 

Edited by FYE, 23 August 2016 - 09:56 AM.

#31 frankdrebin

frankdrebin

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Interests:Clinging to the rock whilst drinking beer

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Ok, that coffee thing being sprouted off triggers me so fucking much its ridiculous.   Did you see what that coffee did to her?  It wasn't just "Hot" it was unbelievable ridiculously, overheated. 

watch it.  I agree the blame culture is ridiculous, but sometimes shit isn't what it seems.

I understand where you're coming from SBK, but I just happen to disagree with you here. Your average household kettle boils water to 100 degrees celsius when you make a tea/coffee at home, according to that film McDonalds served their coffee at 82 to 88 degrees. By the time you've put a bit of milk in your beverage of choice, if indeed you have milk, then it would probably be about the same temperature. I think it's reasonable to assume that if I buy a hot drink from somewhere then it would be a similar temperature to that which I make at home.  If I am at home and spill some of that on me, I don't make a claim to the kettle manufacturer. Now, whilst her injuries were substantial, they would have been avoided completely if she had been more careful. She chose to hold a cup of hot coffee between her knees when opening it and then tried to claim compensation when she spilt it. Now I am not fan of McDonalds, or large corporates in general, but to put the blame on McDonalds and effectively absolve her of any responsibility in what happened is something I don't agree with.

This discussion could go on for hours..... Maybe next time I am in Patts we can catch up over a beer and put the world to rights 

:)

• insearchofxxx likes this

#32 frankdrebin

frankdrebin

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

That older woman at McDonald's never got 2 million. These big awards always get big media attention, but when the company that gets

sued wins on appeal, they almost always do, you never hear about that. All of these so-called 'outrageous lawsuts" get appealed, but that's

not the story the corporate media wants you to know.  FWIW,  I saw pics of the woman thighs where she got burned and it wasn't pretty if

they were real pics.   And before the jury awarded her the 2 million that she never got, she offered to settle for $20,000 to cover her medical

expense and lost wages. Mickey D's wouldn't agree.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

http://www.dailymail...-The-truth.html

Use facts

Edit: a large portion of so-called "frivolous lawsuits" never get to court. Either their settled out of court for much

less than was the amount being sued for or they get thrown out for being.......... frivolous

Apologies Mr Soprano, I shall endeavour to research every topic thoroughly in future before passing comment.  

Unless, of course, I really can't be bothered because it doesn't matter a fuck on a LB forum anyway.

Smile%202.gif

• Tony Soprano likes this

#33 flamesfan7

flamesfan7

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, photography, music and of course Katoeys

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

Is it me or does the pavement in Thailand become even more uneven in the evening. It seems that after dark the pavement even slopes to the left and right quite a bit. Harder than hell to achieve a adequate sense of balance when walking at night. Can't figure out why that is.  LOL

#34 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,731 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

Apologies Mr Soprano, I shall endeavour to research every topic thoroughly in future before passing comment.
Unless, of course, I really can't be bothered because it doesn't matter a fuck on a LB forum anyway.
Smile%202.gif

That's OK. I do get annoyed when people attack lawyers or the courts when they don't deserve it. Sometimes they do. It also bugs me when a guy gets arrested for say murder and after arraignment the headline screams, "Joe Blow pleads not guilty", Someone arrested for murder can't plead guilty at arraignment. Even if he does later on, the state still has to show they have the evidence and if the judge doesn't accept that evidence, he throws it out.

And you did bring this up 1st you know-:)
  • frankdrebin likes this

#35 frankdrebin

frankdrebin

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

That's OK. I do get annoyed when people attack lawyers or the courts when they don't deserve it. Sometimes they do. It also bugs me when a guy gets arrested for say murder and after arraignment the headline screams, "Joe Blow pleads not guilty", Someone arrested for murder can't plead guilty at arraignment. Even if he does later on, the state still has to show they have the evidence and if the judge doesn't accept that evidence, he throws it out.

And you did bring this up 1st you know- :)

Well you've got me there - the old "you started it" comeback has caught me out again! I'll go back to the naughty step and think about what I've done!  :mellow:

#36 mardhi

mardhi

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

So there is no health and safety when things get done,  they just get done ? 

Question to LordJim  as he just enquiring for a local building firm to help with some condo’s    http://www.ladyboysp...g-firm-pattaya/

When doing up said condo’s  i gather there on multiple floors ?   so the safety on that ?  do you fit fire alarms ?  smoke alarms ?  fire escape’s ?    there was once a few questions thrown at La Bamba when they opened up there rooms and got heated but as you see LaBamba has balconys and a ladder , Most guest houses have balcony’s so there is access for a fire crew if someone were stuck in the room due to the only the access is stairs which could be blocked by said  fire ?  Also it has been said that most hotels have a fire escape but could be locked ??  but at same time the lift is always by the stairs so maybe a exit but again most have balconys.   

The hideaway & BBoom have balcony’s so access in a emergancy. 

So whats the regs on saftey when it comes to fire escapes ?    would you personally book a room with no escape ?  is it something you think about when choosing your hotel for your holiday ( question to travellers ) 

thoughts ?  

When you first book your first trip the excitment is overwhelming and its just book flight hotel take cash have fun,  over time you think about room safes getting the injections as your getting into things which carry risks etc but what about safety when your asleep ? 

Just speaking from personal experience I'd suggest most electrical fires in Thailand are not caused by the wiring itself, but what is plugged into them.    Copy phone chargers spring to mind and I experienced that at my own house.   Had some people staying over and next morning they commented that the electric has stopped working during the night.   Turns out one had a shite no name charger and it had tripped the breaker for plugs on that side of the house.    Re-set the breaker and plugged it back in.   20 mins later, the breaker tripped again.    Charger was red, red hot - couldn't even touch it without a towel.      You can also buy ultra cheap extension cables that roll up on themselves.  3 or 4 extensions and cable that is about same thickness as string.   Seriously would not allow one in my own house, just a fire waiting to start IMHO. 

• FYE likes this

#37 William - Man In Black

William - Man In Black

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboy Hosts.
    Mazes.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:22 PM

I was in vietnam a couple of years ago and a fuse blew on a powerline, setting the power out on the block. I was having a beer watching it and wondered how long it would take for anyone to be arsed to fix it. A couple of days I thought to myself. To my surprise about 15 minutes later a group of young electricians turned up. I was thinking how efficient. within a few seconds they had put up a ladder and one was climbing up in a tshirt and flipflops. None of this putting out road cones, getting geared up in expensive safety equipment, just a simple fix and we are too soft in the west. 

He reached out to grab the power box to open it and bang there was a big spark and he just stood there on the ladderer dazed for a few seconds. Then fell backwards off the ladder. His colleagues helped him up and put him back into the car. They then just drove away as if having faced some sort of defeat. That was that and nobody else showed up to try and fix it for the rest of the night.

I thought it was pretty funny, couldn't really understand what I saw. Asians are not as afraid as electricity as we are, but I wonder if it is because they haven't had it as long as us and maybe natural selection hasn't had time to instill the fear of it in them yet.

Another time I was in Laos watching some builders using a circular saw. The power went out. Their first assumption was there was something wrong with the extension cord. So they cut off the plug and rewired it to a new plug (without insulating it), only to find it still didn't work.

Edited by hellokatoey, 23 August 2016 - 12:27 PM.

• frankdrebin likes this

#38 William - Man In Black

William - Man In Black

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboy Hosts.
    Mazes.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

These electric shower set ups always give me the shits in LOS. 

Cheap chinese electric shower head + thai electrician+ water...?

IMGP0902.JPG

Edited by hellokatoey, 23 August 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#39 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Classic

attachicon.gifc1_1009037_160613165414_620x413.jpg

There is something missing there... normally you see signs like these on Thai construction sites:
images-18.jpg
images.png

#40 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Regarding standards in other countries, I once asked a friend of mine, who was an international salesman for large earth-moving equipment, what was the worst place he had ever visited. Without blinking, he said Lagos, Nigeria.When I asked why, he replied "Well, Zoonie, if I tell you that when I arrived there had been an accident on the road from the airport and the driver of one car was slumped dead over the steering wheel. When I returned to the airport 3 days later, the car and its driver were still there!"  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users