• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Aprilbr

Aprilbr

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts
  • Interests:Travel a lot to Thailand for ladyboy action. Who is going to feel the hammer next?
    Real name is Brendan.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

I'm not sure if this is the best location to post this but I have discovered that the Espresso Bar called P32 (formally Pook Swan) now serves excellent coffee. It's located in Soi Buakhow next to the Butchers Arms. For those of us who enjoy a good coffee this place is excellent. You can even get a flat white here for 75 baht! IMG_3717.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 mikel1

mikel1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:44 AM

I'm not sure if this is the best location to post this but I have discovered that the Espresso Bar called P32 (formally Pook Swan) now serves excellent coffee. It's located in Soi Buakhow next to the Butchers Arms. For those of us who enjoy a good coffee this place is excellent. You can even get a flat white here for 75 baht! IMG_3717.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miracles do happen!

#3 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,505 posts
  • Interests:Selectively Censored

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:38 AM

Good Coffee in Pattaya I always think of as an oxymoron-:) even Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts here in LOS is worst than the US. Best coffee's I'vehad are at breakfast buffetts at hotels I've stayed at.

#4 aussiemale

aussiemale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

The small coffee vendor on corner of soi 15 and soi buakhaow does a good coffee...and she's cute...right across the road from cafe volare on soi 15.

#5 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,505 posts
  • Interests:Selectively Censored

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

The small coffee vendor on corner of soi 15 and soi buakhaow does a good coffee...and she's cute...right across the road from cafe volare on soi 15.

If I remember I'll try it. They have breakfast too? Thing is what someone from 1 country thinks is good maynot be good to someone from another country. Coffee I like best is Dunkin Donuts plain old regular coffee with Eaual and medium 1/2. Had a lot of it while just in the US. That and great NE Seafood-:)

#6 utd123

utd123

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:12 AM

for a CC.....the coffee in mcdonalds is ok 

#7 redcitydog

redcitydog

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboy ASS

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

I got a recommendation for coffee in Pattaya from the Stickman blog (28th Aug 2016) and it was pretty damn good. Sells flat whites and all of that, superb quality and very cheap. Highly recommend this place. Situated down the very end of soi buakhao, he also recommends cafe Pitini

benjamit.PNG

#8 biggles

biggles

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

Yes, I have coffee there twice a week and use the internet while the GF does the market. Very busy in high season, lovely people as well

#9 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

for a CC.....the coffee in mcdonalds is ok 

I was pleasantly surprised by the 'McCafé' in McDonalds. Maybe not the greatest in the world but competitive at the price point.

• utd123 likes this

#10 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:09 PM

I find the Amazon chain pretty decent and consistent

#11 Solice

Solice

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,610 posts
  • Interests:WWW.sensationsbar.blogspot.co.uk/

Youtube.com - scotts thailand

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

I got a recommendation for coffee in Pattaya from the Stickman blog (28th Aug 2016) and it was pretty damn good. Sells flat whites and all of that, superb quality and very cheap. Highly recommend this place. Situated down the very end of soi buakhao, he also recommends cafe Pitini

benjamit.PNG

Yes that's benjamits, undoubtedly the best coffee in pattaya and cheap also.
  • limirl likes this

#12 Botafogo

Botafogo

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Interests:Latin American Dancing, Travelling,Touring German FKK Clubs, Drinking Copious Amounts of Alcohol & Enjoying the Summer in European Cities and Beach Resorts.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

redcitydog.....👌Tasty and nicely presented food at Cafe Pitini, (very near Sensations) although Coffee would not be something I'd be going back for.
Unless it's improved dramatically since earlier this year.
  • redcitydog likes this

#13 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • Interests:Runnin the Rackets...Bookmakin....past postin....high stakes poker games....the odd heist...ya follaw

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

3 in one nescafe sachets from family mart lol.

• fenton likes this

#14 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

Boncafe in naklua - very good coffee and decent food too.

#15 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,728 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

If you see a place with a machine like this, you know you going to get a decent coffee :)

I'm surprised nobody has not chimed in about coffee from Vietnam, come to think why its not cultivated in LOS for that matter.

Attached Images

• italian-Coffee-Machines.jpg

#16 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

If you see a place with a machine like this, you know you going to get a decent coffee :)

I'm surprised nobody has not chimed in about coffee from Vietnam, come to think why its not cultivated in LOS for that matter.

Most coffee in Vietnam is the cheaper stuff for mass market instant coffee.
Thailand has some good coffee up north - doi tung .
  • fenton likes this

#17 hellah

hellah

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

Vietnam imports their premium coffee from Laos, which grows excellent coffee down south. So maybe ask a Lao LB, they might know where to get the good stuff. Laotians don't use an espresso machine though but a bag of ground coffee that soaks in hot water. Makes the coffee very strong but not bitter. 

#18 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,728 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

Vietnam imports their premium coffee from Laos, which grows excellent coffee down south. So maybe ask a Lao LB, they might know where to get the good stuff. Laotians don't use an espresso machine though but a bag of ground coffee that soaks in hot water. Makes the coffee very strong but not bitter.

Well all I know is that coffee was introduced to Indo China by the French.

#19 mikel1

mikel1

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:19 AM

Lao coffee is getting better - they're moving to decent Arabica and away from Robusta. Had a good look at the 'industry' on a recent trip. Lot of potential - net a few farangs digging around in the South sussing out business ideas.

#20 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:20 AM

There is good Coffee in Laos , I bought a bag of Beans home with me after a trip to Pakse

Anyway good thread , must try the old Pooks next time , though I usually find myself popping in the Butchers for a Pint instead 

• Aprilbr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users