Ass Splitter Jones

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Interests:Ass

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

POPULAR

Expat Hotel not to be confused with their other hotel closer to Bangla Road is their newer Hotel. It's located in a small Soi (Sai Kor Road) across from the Boxing Stadium and behind the Banzaan Fresh Market.  You may be familiar with a few other hotels in this area. (Hemingways Silk and i Check Inn)

I usually stay at C&N Hotel for the convenience factor of being close to C&D's, Bangla Road and Paradise Complex.  However I was arriving after November 15 which starts their high season and the prices through their site and phoning the hotel were far greater than times before when I had stayed at that time of year.  They also wanted about 1,800 a night for a standard room for my dates. I had paid 1,000 baht a night for the slightly nicer Studio room back in August.  I could get the cheaper online for around 1,600 baht, but I wouldn't get the free airport pick-up.  So I decided to explore a new option. 

I found good deal on Expat hotel thinking it was the one close to the action, however after looking at it more closely found it was in Patong Center.  http://www.expathote...tongcenter.com/ It's new hotel and sister hotel to the Expat.

So after researching the exact location I gave them a call to verify they were guest friendly. I also got a quote for the dates I was there which was higher than online. I could get a deluxe which is their most basic room for 950 baht a night or the super deluxe which had a balcony for 1,107 baht a night through Agoda. So I opted for the Super Deluxe as I like my balconies.  

The rooms are nicer and newer than C&N. It's a much quieter location and you don't hear the pounding from nearby discos by Bangla.  No airport pick up like C&N when you book through their site.  You can also bring home as many guests as you like without charge. C&N now charging for a second guest (700 baht) which discourages 3-somes in my book.  Their reception desk closes when the Sports Bar underneath the hotel closes.  It's a nice little bar and has 3 or 4 GG's working there. Also has a kitchen. I had a late breakfast on 3 of my six days there which wasn't bad and decent portions.  

I found the all female staff very accommodating.  They were always smiling and trying to get me to sit down for a drink when going out.  It seems like someone was always celebrating a birthday when I was in the bar or going out.  I came in just after midnight with two ladyboys when one of the GG staff was celebrating her birthday.  The pool was open so we played several games. Someone rang the bell and one of the GG staff brought us over Tequila Rose shots.  No different treatment for the LB's from the staff. I doubt the drunk revelers knew they were ladyboys.  One guy was drunk off his ass and approached our table after playing some pool like he had something important to say. He ended up turning around and shuffling away. A few minutes later he had his tank top off wearing only boarder shorts and flips. Attire that would have Jimbo stereotyping him as an Aussie.  I told the LB's I was with that he was Maw mak mak.  About 5 minutes after that he fell down hitting a table of empty bottles on his way to the ground. I chuckled and asked the girls if they had customers that did that in their bar. "Never see"  

I thought I would miss the umbrella they have in the C&N's rooms. the one night it rained when I was going out I asked the GG behind the bar if they had an umbrella for guests. She walked back to the kitchen area and brought me out an umbrella. Sweet!  

Rooms have safes, internet was good, except for an hour plus power outage when they were doing work on the main road connecting to Sai Kor.  The bathrooms were similar to C&N's although newer fixtures. Great water pressure and temperature control. Bed was big and comfortable. Plenty of closet and desk space. There is a little touring booking company that sets up outside the hotel. I think they are affiliated.  They also have a laundry service at 50 baht a kilo which came in handy.  Did a good job and didn't lose anything.  They also rent motor bikes at that booth outside hotel.  Roof top pool good enough for a dip and relaxing, but couldn't sun bath if you wanted too. 

7/11 and family mart near the boxing stadium was a one minute walk. Very close to Chang Pool hall/restaurant.  

Short walk down Soi Sansabai to get to Bangla, C&D's, etc.  however Soi Sansabai is so overcrowded with motorbike parking it makes it a bit treacherous when cars pass through and moving motor scooters try to go around them dodging in and out of pedestrians.  Lot's of places for food along Soi Sansabai.  

Overall I really like the hotel and location.  I will likely stay there again in high season.  In low season I would be tempted to stay at C&N for the free ride and then move to this Expat or New International house after the 3 days required for C&N's airport pick up.  

Located on corner lobby in open air bar.

IMG_9365.JPG

Bed big enough for three.

IMG_9824.JPG

IMG_9573.JPG

Bathroom a bit small, and counter space limited. It wasn't very well lit either. Probably the biggest weakness of the room IMO.

IMG_8830.JPG

IMG_8831.JPG

Wardrobe and desk view. Safe in wardrobe.

IMG_8833.JPG

Balcony in day light.

IMG_9860.JPG

View off Balcony (Sira Grand hotel behind)

IMG_9165.JPG

Balcony (Night) larger than C&N's and better furnished.

IMG_9580.JPG

IMG_9584.JPG

IMG_9772.JPG

Sunny raiding my refrigerator before breakfast.

IMG_9798.JPG

Sunny in Sports bar for late breakfast

IMG_9871.JPG

Beam joining me for breakfast.

IMG_9712.JPG

American Breaky 210 baht

IMG_9721.JPG

Bar area

IMG_9880.JPG

Bar in the evening

IMG_9557.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9898.JPG

Pool on roof top. Open air but shaded from sun. 

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_9374.JPG

IMG_9373.JPG

Edited by Ass Splitter Jones, 02 December 2016 - 01:40 PM.

• ausmagoo, insearchofxxx, jimbo34 and 5 others like this

#2 mmdoes

mmdoes

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

Nice review. Mind if I forward this to the owner of the hotel?

#3 Doyle Lonnegan

Doyle Lonnegan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:Runnin the Rackets...Bookmakin....past postin....high stakes poker games....the odd heist...ya follaw

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

Nice, ...but rates go through the roof at Xmas.

#4 Ass Splitter Jones

Ass Splitter Jones

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:51 AM

Nice review. Mind if I forward this to the owner of the hotel?

No worries. I've given them a favorable review on Agoda already.

if your tight with the owner perhaps you could strike a special monger rate for forum members. 

Nice, ...but rates go through the roof at Xmas.

High season for most hotels begins November 16th, which is why I looked beyond C&N Hotel this last trip and found the new Expat property.  Christmas/New Years period is what they call high high or peak season and all hotels raise their rate substantially.  All about supply and demand.  This Expat Hotel has 29 rooms ( I think it's 11 Deluxe and 18 Super Deluxe) so they will probably fill up pretty quickly over those periods.  I recall one year I had to go out to Nanai road because everything was filled up when I tried to book on arrival. 

I don't like using tuk tuk's and motorbike taxi's. Expat on Sai Kor is not that long of walk down Soi Sansabai to Bangla, C&D's, or Soi Paradise. I also think they will have the most competitive rate out of hotels in that little area on Sai Kor road.  My 6 night experience with them was very good.   

It should be noted that I looked at the original Expat nearer to Bangla.  The rooms were smaller and much more expensive (almost double). I didn't see anything written about them on the forum either, so they were never an option for me.  I decided to venture out and gamble on something new/different.  It paid off for me personally. 

#5 Essex Boy

Essex Boy

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

No worries. I've given them a favorable review on Agoda already.

if your tight with the owner perhaps you could strike a special monger rate for forum members. 

High season for most hotels begins November 16th, which is why I looked beyond C&N Hotel this last trip and found the new Expat property.  Christmas/New Years period is what they call high high or peak season and all hotels raise their rate substantially.  All about supply and demand.  This Expat Hotel has 29 rooms ( I think it's 11 Deluxe and 18 Super Deluxe) so they will probably fill up pretty quickly over those periods.  I recall one year I had to go out to Nanai road because everything was filled up when I tried to book on arrival. 

I don't like using tuk tuk's and motorbike taxi's. Expat on Sai Kor is not that long of walk down Soi Sansabai to Bangla, C&D's, or Soi Paradise. I also think they will have the most competitive rate out of hotels in that little area on Sai Kor road.  My 6 night experience with them was very good.   

It should be noted that I looked at the original Expat nearer to Bangla.  The rooms were smaller and much more expensive (almost double). I didn't see anything written about them on the forum either, so they were never an option for me.  I decided to venture out and gamble on something new/different.  It paid off for me personally. 

looks nice asj

i will pop in the bar for a drink

i booked a place in the same soi from december 26 for 3 nights

i booked the best room a junior suite only £105 for 3 nights glad i booked a few weeks ago price gone right up

https://www.expedia....d=2057&#chkin=2

#6 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Mogul

• 1,885 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

I have stopped at the Sira Grand Hotel pictured above in one of ASJ's photos and it is LB friendly. Rooms are good but no real bar facilities.

When there I use to have a drink at the Expat on the way out and usually called in on the way back if it was still open. Spent an afternoon there watching the Aussie Rugby League and they also had most sports showing or they would change the channel for you.

Good bar... with good staff... and I would consider staying at the Expat over the Sira Grand next time as all under one roof even though I had no problems with Sira Grand or their staff.

Good area to stay in I reckon. Good report ASJ... appreciate you taking the time to post it.

cheers

#7 Ass Splitter Jones

Ass Splitter Jones

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

I have stopped at the Sira Grand Hotel pictured above in one of ASJ's photos and it is LB friendly. Rooms are good but no real bar facilities.

When there I use to have a drink at the Expat on the way out and usually called in on the way back if it was still open. Spent an afternoon there watching the Aussie Rugby League and they also had most sports showing or they would change the channel for you.

Good bar... with good staff... and I would consider staying at the Expat over the Sira Grand next time as all under one roof even though I had no problems with Sira Grand or their staff.

Good area to stay in I reckon. Good report ASJ... appreciate you taking the time to post it.

cheers

I like that area as well.  That market next door is quite handy, would be even more so if you had a room with a kitchenette.

Funny tidbit about the Sira Grand Hotel. In the evening you could look off the balcony at Expat and see people on their balcony really well if their light was on inside.  I was sitting outside with Sunny while she had a smoke and we saw this one couple trying to get their sliding door back on track.  They both only had towels on and  you could see the silhouette of her naked boobs jiggling.  You could also see into rooms fairly well which was a reminder to shut my drapes and not have the light on while Sunny was naked on my balcony, even though she wouldn't have cared. She goes out there in broad daylight. 

Sira Grand Hotel view from Expat Balcony.

IMG_9160.JPG

IMG_9823.JPG

The mens restroom in the bar at Expat has some interesting theme art.  

IMG_9715.JPG

IMG_9716.JPG

IMG_9717.JPG

IMG_9718.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users