insearchofxxx

Takorn hits again... Fingerprints for new SIM

Rate this topic

Takorn, the guy who wanted to introduce special SIM cards to track foreigners, has had a splendid idea again:

From February 2017 onward, he wants anyone to get his fingerprint taken, when registering a new SIM - "along with better data-sharing between telecoms and banks". Given the notorious bad reputation for IT security in LOS, that's a real deal breaker 555

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2016/11/29/need-new-number-prepare-fingerprinted-starting-february/

Edited by insearchofxxx

Check out Project Fi from Google (might be for USA only). My phone works all over the world, and since I'm around wifi almost all the time my monthly bill is only about $40 a month. Best deal ever. Never have to change phones, my phone number, or sim. I get all my calls no matter where I am on the planet, and have data as well.

Check out Project Fi from Google (might be for USA only). My phone works all over the world, and since I'm around wifi almost all the time my monthly bill is only about $40 a month. Best deal ever. Never have to change phones, my phone number, or sim. I get all my calls no matter where I am on the planet, and have data as well.

Just had a look.. Thailand is on the list!!

1GB for 10$?? Quite alot, but if you have an allowment, and do not use up your package allowance, the credit back the money.. Looks interresting..

https://fi.google.com/about/rates/

Edited by silentmoebius78

It's for Americans only.