#1 si196

si196

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

In the first 5 days of the new year, there was 360 deaths & over 3000 injuries on the roads in Thailand.
This has put me off traveling by " minivan & taxi " next time I land at BKK its the bus for me, think it will be a lot safer. "Hopefully".

#2 Nazzathai

Nazzathai

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

Bus safer than taxi? lol, good luck with that.

#3 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 9,849 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

I think Minivan was listed as the biggest killer, there was one accident alone that claimed about 25 people.

The big cheese has come out and announced Army crackdowns on Minivans leading up to Songkran, which is usually another big occasion for boosting the road death stats.

#4 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

The Thai Authorities should hang their heads in shame 

2nd Worst in the World , lumped in with all exotic locations on the Planet

Been discussed before I know ,but the ride to Pattaya from Bangkok , is never something i look forward to , I'm at the mercy of a bunch of fucking maniacs 

Screenshot-2016-02-27-12.53.58.png

#5 jimbo34

jimbo34

His Grumpyness

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,857 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

Fukn hell - i just cannot imagine what Libya must be like! Twice as bad as Thailand!

• Aprilbr likes this

#6 hellah

hellah

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Fukn hell - i just cannot imagine what Libya must be like! Twice as bad as Thailand!

I would bet a lot of deaths in Libya are due to migrant smuggling in the desert. Thailand is pretty much number one for normal road user deaths.

#7 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

I think I read that over 80 per cent of the fatalities are motor bike related

#8 odotor

odotor

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

http://www.thaivisa....ed-to-carry-on/

Thai cops at their best. You can't make this shit up.

O.

#9 LB3048

LB3048

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Skinny, hairless Asian boys dressed up as girls.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

http://www.libya-ana...ths-per-capita/

#10 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

I would bet a lot of deaths in Libya are due to migrant smuggling in the desert. Thailand is pretty much number one for normal road user deaths.

Makes the stats even more dismal then 

Life is precious , Thais don't seem to share that point of view , as far as I can tell 

#11 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

The Thai Authorities should hang their heads in shame 

2nd Worst in the World , lumped in with all exotic locations on the Planet

Been discussed before I know ,but the ride to Pattaya from Bangkok , is never something i look forward to , I'm at the mercy of a bunch of fucking maniacs 

attachicon.gifScreenshot-2016-02-27-12.53.58.png

As a comparison, the equivalent road death rate per 100,000 people in 2013 was 2.9 for the UK (10.6 for the USA)  

#12 Aprilbr

Aprilbr

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Travel a lot to Thailand for ladyboy action. Who is going to feel the hammer next?
    Real name is Brendan.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

Thailand is certainly in fine company when it comes to road death quotients. I bet all of those other places on the list are high on our "must visit" bucket lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 9,849 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

They're looking to get rid of Minivans and replace them with small buses.

http://www.nationmul...tional/30303610

#14 soidog

soidog

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:08 AM

Thai concept road safety is to wake up pray to Buddha, put your luck amulet on.  Then that's you sorted for the day, bullet proof nothing will happen. If you do not like the red colour of traffic light, no problem just go thru.

If you have done good in this life you will be rewarded and in your next, come back as a better person. Buddhism at its best     

Figures quoted are reported deaths, sure up the jungle in nakhon nowhere many do not get reported. Imagine the outcry if this  was a more western style ( boring) type country. Unfortunately here it just seems to be excepted year after year

of course condolences to all, but many are caused by lack of awareness n education of road craft, at times they are their own worse enemies. it never ceases to amaze me what stunts the pull, and think it is acceptable.

rgds soidog

#15 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:36 AM

It's amazing there's so few accidents / fatalities with the sheer amount of motorbikes and lack of protection.  Actually think it's quite safe for traveling overall.  There's huge amounts of people moved through an incredible amount of individual vehicles.

Thais are more courteous and less aggressive drivers than where i'm from. 

• Tony Soprano likes this

#16 Fumbduck

Fumbduck

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:06 AM

The numbers for the "Seven Dangerous Days" are always prominently published in papers and on TV, along with their targets. However, when you look at the overall picture, it's a load of BS. According to international statistics (WHO), Thailand average around 65-80 deaths per day, year round. That's 24300-30000 fatalities(!) per year. over the past few years. All these "Dangerous Days" are pretty much just business as usual.

Also, choosing between a bus or a minivan is like choosing between plague or cholera. I have done at least 200.000 km on Thai roads, have seen how both buses and vans (and everyone else, for that matter) drive, as well as the aftermath of quite a few bus-crashes. Regional buses consistently travel at speeds that they cannot possibly brake from in a reasonable distance.

#17 xcom

xcom

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Didnt realise it was that bad even though I rembeber me first tuk tuk ride and thinking Jesus fucking Christ when the driver was redlining it driving towards oncoming traffic whilst laughing his ass off like a maniac

#18 jpp

jpp

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Apparently they only count deaths at the road side, if you have a serious accident then die later in hospital that death does not get recorded as a road accident death so the total is higher than it looks. 

Another factor must be the quality of the emergency services, when no one moves out of the way for an ambulance with it's lights and sirens on then you may have had a chance of surviving if they had got to you in time, I remember been in a taxi on the way to Soi Cowboy and the traffic was stopped and the only vehicle that moved for an ambulance was the taxi I was in, so we shuffled along behind the ambulance for 10 minutes before getting past the Asoke traffic lights. 

#19 Nazzathai

Nazzathai

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Thai concept road safety is to wake up pray to Buddha, put your luck amulet on. Then that's you sorted for the day, bullet proof nothing will happen. If you do not like the red colour of traffic light, no problem just go thru.

If you have done good in this life you will be rewarded and in your next, come back as a better person. Buddhism at its best

Figures quoted are reported deaths, sure up the jungle in nakhon nowhere many do not get reported. Imagine the outcry if this was a more western style ( boring) type country. Unfortunately here it just seems to be excepted year after year

of course condolences to all, but many are caused by lack of awareness n education of road craft, at times they are their own worse enemies. it never ceases to amaze me what stunts the pull, and think it is acceptable.

rgds soidog

Yep, no need for insurance or driving lessons. Just pay a monk to sprinkle water on your car and scribble some stuff with tippex on the ceiling.
That's you sorted.

#20 PURE

PURE

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:LBs, Pattaya

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

Personally Libya could double the current rate and I'd be okay with it.

• jimbo34 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users