Sign in to follow this  
limirl

Recommendations for clinic/doctor open on sunday

Rate this topic

I have a feeling I have either a viral or bacterial throat infection, I have had this for the last week with headaches and mouth ulcers and its not clearing up. I am coming back to pattaya tomorrow having spent the the last 3 weeks in koh chang and want a real doctor preferably instead of a nurse practitioner. I would like to avoid the large corporate money making enterprises masquerading as hospitals. And I'm not interested in that Filipino quack on third road next to the driving range either.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Edited by limirl

I have a feeling I have either a viral or bacterial throat infection, I have had this for the last week with headaches and mouth ulcers and its not clearing up. I am coming back to pattaya tomorrow having spent the the last 3 weeks in koh chang and want a real doctor preferably instead of a nurse practitioner. I would like to avoid the large corporate money making enterprises masquerading as hospitals. And I'm not interested in that Filipino quack on third road next to the driving range either.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Clinic on Soi Bukaho. .. soi Bukaho medical clinic . I am not sure the hours but been there 2 times over the years and it was quick and effective

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Clinic on Soi Bukaho. .. soi Bukaho medical clinic . I am not sure the hours but been there 2 times over the years and it was quick and effective

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Open every day till 9 or 10PM. Across the street from sugar sugar gogo bar. Good prices.

Are they all real docs? Who knows but the OP's problem doesn't sound like it couldn't be solved by a decent pharmacist.

Just an update I took the advice and visited that clinic on soi buakhow, I'm a bit skeptical about their thoroughness. The lady doctor who was quite attractive I might add diagnosed a bout of pharyngitis without even examining me. I had to insist a few times to get her to look inside my mouth, no swab was taken just was told 'this is what you have I seen many falang have this'. Anyway a shot in the arse later and no alcohol for a week (bollox) plus the usual prescribing a bunch crap I didn't need, cost was 880 baht, if it clears up it will be worth it. She also wants me to come in again tomorrow for a 2nd shot, sounds like overkill I have never needed to do that before. She's convinced it's bacterial not viral. Supposed to be heading to Nakhon Nowhere for next 5 days how the fuck can I survive not being able to drink up there.

That's the Swiss guy right, I tried to see him before and his office offered me an appointment a week out. I needed someone immediately so I found some else, heard really good things about him.

I've been to see him about 6-7 times and never needed an appointment. Just went to his office and they take you in order of arrival. Never waited over 20 minutes to see him.

For my viral infection, he gave me 3 meds and that was it. I was back to normal in 3 days after felling better each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tony Soprano

If it's viral there's not much they can do anyway. But i'm a bit shocked she didn't take a good look at first. Did she think it was strep throat, or something else?

She never even mentioned it as a possibility, she didn't give me much confidence in her diagnostic ability. She said it was pharyngitis based on me describing the symptoms. I was worried about strep as I am going to be around some young kids over the next few days. In fact when I made her take a look she pulled out a builders big flashlight...wtf! I have next to no confidence in Thai doctors anymore in my case all I ever received was a very generic diagnosis and a bunch of meds which that they never tell you what they are. You have to drag out of them what the medical diagnosis is and what each medication is and what it does. They really seem to dislike being questioned in detail, they seem to have an air of superiority about them and I guess the Thai's just sit there and take it as gospel everything they say.

Edited by limirl

She never even mentioned it as a possibility, she didn't give me much confidence in her diagnostic ability. She said it was pharyngitis based on me describing the symptoms. I was worried about strep as I am going to be around some young kids over the next few days. In fact when I made her take a look she pulled out a builders big flashlight...wtf! I have next to no confidence in Thai doctors anymore in my case all I ever received was a very generic diagnosis and a bunch of meds which that they never tell you what they are. You have to drag out of them what the medical diagnosis is and what each medication is and what it does. They really seem to dislike being questioned in detail, they seem to have an air of superiority about them and I guess the Thai's just sit there and take it as gospel everything they say.

Well, pharyngitis just means inflamed throat. Not really a diagnosis but more a description of the symptoms. Not reassured of  their ability indeed. They helped me ok though last year with a simple surgical procedure.

Well, at least if you have strep that shot of antibiotics will take care of it.

Just an update I took the advice and visited that clinic on soi buakhow, I'm a bit skeptical about their thoroughness. The lady doctor who was quite attractive I might add diagnosed a bout of pharyngitis without even examining me. I had to insist a few times to get her to look inside my mouth, no swab was taken just was told 'this is what you have I seen many falang have this'. Anyway a shot in the arse later and no alcohol for a week (bollox) plus the usual prescribing a bunch crap I didn't need, cost was 880 baht, if it clears up it will be worth it. She also wants me to come in again tomorrow for a 2nd shot, sounds like overkill I have never needed to do that before. She's convinced it's bacterial not viral. Supposed to be heading to Nakhon Nowhere for next 5 days how the fuck can I survive not being able to drink up there.

I'd go ahead and get the 2nd shot; after all you got $25 invested already. Perhaps the 2nd shot is even covered with the initial payment, anyways can not be a full 880 again. Otherwise you may get worse on your 5 day trip and wish you had that 2nd shot. That clinic sees a lot of soar throats and has a course of meds that cures most all of them.

Okay so the shot worked within 24 hours most symptoms disappeared except for the ulcers. I did not get the 2nd shot as I was leaving early the next day. No alcohol in Isaan for 5 days was really tough especially with everyone around me 3 sheets to the wind.

that second shot is to make sure all bacteries are killed. otherwise if any that survive, they build resistance against the antibiotics. this is why you must take and finish the lot, even if the symptoms have disappeared. i would go for the second shot. seems her diagnosis wasnt that bad after all.

how did you get the infection ? did you got deep throated ?

that second shot is to make sure all bacteries are killed. otherwise if any that survive, they build resistance against the antibiotics. this is why you must take and finish the lot, even if the symptoms have disappeared. i would go for the second shot. seems her diagnosis wasnt that bad after all.

how did you get the infection ? did you got deep throated ?

No idea how I got the infection really, 3 months of drinking and late nights catches up with you. I did finish out the antibiotic treatment but didn't do the 2nd shot.

And yes I did lots of deep throating and sucking cocks in pattaya. One of the risks I readily accept, just can't do condoms for oral.

Edited by limirl

I did lots of deep throating and sucking cocks in pattaya. One of the risks I readily accept, just can't do condoms for oral.

Be grateful. Sounds like you got off very lightly

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk