•  

Photo
- - - - -

"Express Visa" company for retirement visa?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kwickie

Kwickie

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, photography, travel

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

Has anyone used Express Visa to get their retirement visa? They don't mention prices on their site, so I'd be curious about that as well.

http://www.thai-retirement-visa.com

#2 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

Five Star Visa in front of Sportsman restaurant (Soi 13) has provided the service in the past.  Pricing depends on whether you have the 800,000 baht requirement already a Thai bank, or something they handle for you.  Also if you're able to get a multiple re-entry permit to go along with it.  

The rules always change, but the funds generally need to be in the bank account at least 90 days before you apply for the visa.  

On a related note, this was posted recently on PattayaOne: http://pattayaone.ne...ique-residence/

Always weary of these type of things but could be an option.

Edited by kathoeyfan, 06 April 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#3 Devman

Devman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:15 AM

POPULAR

Has anyone used Express Visa to get their retirement visa? They don't mention prices on their site, so I'd be curious about that as well.

These visa companies charge rip-off prices. You can do it yourself - all the info is on-line.

Have a read of this, which I think is the best resource - http://www.pattayaci...tendingStay.pdf

• soidog, Buddyy and fenton like this

#4 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Interests:expecting the unexpected

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

POPULAR

Never used a company  for retirement visas. Its quite simple process to do yourself as long as you meet the criteria they require.  People who go down this route are probably financially challenged for what ever reason. So to try and stay legal  they pay an agent, last I heard from some ex pats who are down on their luck they were paying between 12000b - 20000b

Assume the agency's have someone on the payroll at immigration doing dodgy stamping and entering details onto PC. Hate to think of the consequence's for you if they were caught while doing this nefarious activity. Bet you would be deported from Thailand. also receive a lengthy ban from entering again depending on how long you have been staying illegally      

official retirement visa price 1900b

multi entry visa 3800b 

single entry visa 1000b

Worked it out that if costs me under 3 quid ( sterling) a week to live here, can come and go as I please at the airports. A cheap price to pay to have peace of mind. Would not like to have  dodgy stamps or wondering will this be okay when presenting passport to immigration officer at departures. but if you never leave the country that is not a problem.

rgd soidog.      

• Terry Tibbs, ausmagoo, fenton and 1 other like this

#5 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Thai Consulate in Chicago.

Address: 700 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Phone:+1 312-664-3129
Hours: Open today · 9am–12pm, 1–5pm

Might as well get it straight from the horses mouth.

#6 Kwickie

Kwickie

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

Thai Consulate in Chicago.

Address: 700 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Phone:+1 312-664-3129
Hours: Open today · 9am–12pm, 1–5pm

Might as well get it straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks, I'm aware of that. What intrigued me about their site was that they mentioned that they take care of the financial requirement. I have no idea what exactly that means in this context, as I doubt they'd front the 800,000 THB

#7 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:59 AM

I have no idea what exactly that means in this context, as I doubt they'd front the 800,000 THB

It is over $23,000 after all Kwickie.

Looking at the visa rules for Thailand they are like the shifting sands of the Sahara.  

#8 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

The dodgy visa agencies bed and breakfast their own funds through your bank account for a day and somehow circumvent the time requirements for the deposit . They charge ard 20,000 for this and probably are paying someone off to turn a blind eye .

Once the visa is issued I cant see any issues a immigration as it is a valid visa 

#9 Devman

Devman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:51 AM

The dodgy visa agencies bed and breakfast their own funds through your bank account for a day and somehow circumvent the time requirements for the deposit . They charge ard 20,000 for this and probably are paying someone off to turn a blind eye .

Once the visa is issued I cant see any issues a immigration as it is a valid visa 

They have contacts at bank and at Immigration. So your fee goes to pay off them, as well as a cut for the visa company.

#10 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,663 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

You also don't need some of the documents that websites will say you need if done by yourself.

#11 gazz469

gazz469

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

Just new news!

Apologies it's be now entered amongst the new topics. How can you delete?

LONDON -- The Thai government has started offering "elite" residency visas for wealthy foreign citizens, allowing them to live in the country for around $US3,000 (£2,403) a year, aimed at capitalising on increased global uncertainty over borders and immigration.

There are seven different packages, with the most expensive being the "Elite Ultimate Privilege" scheme.

It costs $US60,000 for 20 years residency, along with a $US600 a year membership fee.

Included in the price is a state-sponsored concierge programme, entitling members to VIP access to government agencies dealing with immigration, driving licences, and work permits.

The government will also provide complimentary return airport transfers, an annual health check up at a private hospital and 24 spa treatments and golfing trips a year.

The special residence visa is issued by the Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited -- a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Pruet Boobphakam, President of the Thailand Elite program, told Business Insider that VIP residents would get extra help from the government: "We rise to the occasion for our members. We can apply for a work permit if they'd like to. We can apply for a driving licence if they'd like to. We are helping them to get those licences."

He said he expects more than 1,000 people to apply for the programme, which is aimed at retirees.

Other packages include a $US15,000 deal for five years with no annual fee called "Elite Easy Access," and also a 10-year, $US30,000 membership that includes discounts for family members.

"There has been a sharp increase worldwide in the number of individuals wanting to acquire a beneficial second or third residence or citizenship to globalize their family's opportunities and expand their business interests in a changing and uncertain world," said Dominic Volek, head of Southeast Asia for Henley & Partners, a citizenship consultancy firm.

"More and more governments are seeing these programs as an innovative way of driving economic growth," Volek said.

Edited by gazz469, 07 April 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#12 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

Keep in mind the 800,000 THB requirement can be met with a combination of income and money in the bank.

For example, if I were receiving 1600.00 USD per month from a pension or social security I would need to deposit 134655 THB (3918.08 USD) in a Thai bank to meet the 800,000 THB requirement.

Here is a little calculator to know about what you will need.

https://www.keyvisat...sa-in-thailand/

• Callum and fenton like this

#13 Kwickie

Kwickie

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the info

#14 putytat

putytat

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:19 AM

POPULAR

If you are in Thailand when you apply for it and you have the money in the bank or a legitimate income letter (Stat Dec) then why would you handover hard-earned money to some scab who has set up a business purely to scam foreigners of their money? These companies / agencies do nothing that you cannot do yourself. You are giving somebody you have never met your most important document (passport) for them to do whatever they want with.

It does not matter if these companies are Thai run or run by old foreigners trying to stay here on income earned from scamming other foreigners; it's still the same. If your documents are not in order they will make you fix it. They will do nothing except assist you with the 800K problem. One thing to consider is that if your visa file / process is audited by those who sit above the local operations, then how solid is your paper trail then?

Jomtien immigration are now studying every page of passports when a foreigner applies for a retirement visa or an extension. A process that once took 2 minutes now takes 20 minutes as each passport is taken the back of the office area and 2 staff go through every entry / exit stamp looking for irregularities. I saw one guy have to argue with them and prove his previous entry / exit and time in Thailand after they could not locate an entry stamp into the Philippines.

Do it yourself and enjoy the sexy recorded voice of the Thai woman reading out the numbers. It's a zoo and worth visiting every now and then just to see how things work.

• ausmagoo, petesie and boyo like this

#15 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

I had read a post on TV about this subject and long story short a guy went down the agent route, then decided he wanted to extend his visa himself after that.

When he took his passport/paperwork in they immediately noticed that his money had not "seasoned" and he was issued his visa after only one day of having the money in the bank.

They straight out asked/told him "why you not use agent, go back to agent"

That kind of story makes me think once you go down the agent route you might not ever be able to go legit without difficulties. 

Edited by skippy123, 05 December 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#16 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,663 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

I had read a post on TV about this subject and long story short a guy went down the agent route, then decided he wanted to extend his visa himself after that.

When he took his passport/paperwork in they immediately noticed that his money had not "seasoned" and he was issued his visa after only one day of having the money in the bank.

That kind of story makes me think once you go down the agent route you might not ever be able to go legit without difficulties.

I don’t even want to have 800K in my Thai bank-:). I can show I get over the required monthly amount but you have to go to the embassy to get it certified and I’ve gotten too lazy to do that. I don’t like BKK traffic either. Not sure if that’s just for US citizens or not. I had read somewhere you then have to go to some BKK Thai gov’t office with that certificate, but I only saw that once so not sure if that’s true

#17 JerrySingapore

JerrySingapore

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

Because the agent pays a cut to the immigration department

#18 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Because the agent pays a cut to the immigration department

Yeah, I get that part, I am just saying once you go down the agent road, it might be difficult to try to do the legitimate way afterward.

I do not have first-hand knowledge but should I do make it there I would do it the "legal" way and either deposit the 800,000 THB or use the proof of income plus deposit whatever I need to make up the 800,000 THB requirement. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)