39 replies to this topic

#21 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

I am quoting my own post to apologize to TM12. 

Everyone should be free here to give advice.

However, the guy asked a question.

Let's help him, not start a thread fuck. 

What a load of c*ck.

Read the thread. No thread f*ck here. Certainly not from me as I have tabled a viable alternative for an OP who, 

quite obviously wants to reside in LOS on an extended basis, but does not want to commit the funds or does not have them.

Meanwhile, he, it would seem, wants to do it legit.

Getting a bit p*ssed with you apparent Captains of industry.

Is this the best Farang Businessmen can offer in LOS?

Let me humbly suggest that you return to school and re-learn the principles of comprehension?

Failing that, don't come on this thread, abusing Me for offering a viable alternative.

Just because it is outside your realms of said comprehension.

:)

#22 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

Bugger off Thaiman12 - you're just confusing the issue. The rest of us are trying to help !

I'll just keep casting my pearls and you'll just keep treading on them.

Won't you?

• fenton likes this

#23 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

What a load of c*ck.

Read the thread. No thread f*ck here. Certainly not from me as I have tabled a viable alternative for an OP who, 

quite obviously wants to reside in LOS on an extended basis, but does not want to commit the funds or does not have them.

Meanwhile, he, it would seem, wants to do it legit.

Getting a bit p*ssed with you apparent Captains of industry.

Is this the best Farang Businessmen can offer in LOS?

Let me humbly suggest that you return to school and re-learn the principles of comprehension?

Failing that, don't come on this thread, abusing Me for offering a viable alternative.

Just because it is outside your realms of said comprehension.

I was right the first time. 

You don't even know people don't like you. 

Happens often. 

re and table that. 

You assume my education? 

Oh, I forgot to say table this and re that to make myself seem intelligent. 

EDIT: I meant my good self. 

Edited by skippy123, 14 April 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#24 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

I was right the first time. 

You don't even know people don't like you. 

Happens often. 

re and table that. 

You assume my education? 

Oh, I forgot to say table this and re that to make myself seem intelligent. 

EDIT: I meant my good self. 

• skippy123 likes this

#25 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

I've read quite a few threads here, but I'm seeing conflicting information since many threads are old. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a U.S. citizen, in case that matters.

Let's say I want to stay in Thailand on Tourist visas for a few years. (For this discussion, let's assume I don't qualify for a retirement visa).

I know I can get the 90 day (60+30) tourist visa here in the States before I arrive. So I do my 60 days, go to Jontien, get the 30 day extension.

Then what? How do I get another 90 days? I've read that the Cambodian runs by van are only for 30 days and only 2 per year. Is there a limit? Is there a limit to the 90 day visas?

I have the money to live on, so how do I stay a long time? (Years)

Thanks

My advice would be visa runs. 

Other than that you got to go for a long stay visa.

They are starting to crack down on land crossings and I will assume it will not get better.

If you can fly out and come back I think that's the way to go if money is not an issue

EDIT: Also you can go to an agency. No matter what anyone says a legitimate visa is a legitimate visa. 

Edited by skippy123, 14 April 2017 - 11:21 AM.

• Thaiman12 likes this

#26 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

My advice would be visa runs. 

Other than that you got to go for a long stay visa.

They are starting to crack down on that but I will assume it will not get better.

If you can fly out and come back I think that's the way to go if money is an issue 

You're such a c*nt

• skippy123 likes this

#27 Streetwalker

Streetwalker

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

My reply to the post about Thai Elite in Off Topic.

As you are over 50 the Retirement visa would seem the simplest option if not staying for 5 years where the Elite prgram may be more attractive.

Posted by Streetwalker on 08 April 2017 - 03:16 PM
Not sure why so attractive.

Current annual retirement visa is 1 year and costs 1,900 Baht per year.

You do need to show 800,000 Baht in the bank for more than 2 months prior to initial application. For renewals it is 3 months.

Once you have your visa you can use the money as you like but must show again for next renewal.

So you tie up 800,000 Baht for 3 months.

An alternative to the 800,000 is you can show consular endorsed proof of pension income.

Eg. Have pensions valued at 300,000 Baht only need to show 500,000 in the bank for 3 months prior.

Many ex pats spend about 800,000 Baht in a year so the impact is mimimal.

I should add that you can enter Thailand on your 60 tourist visa and use that time to apply for retirement visa.

Edited by Streetwalker, 14 April 2017 - 11:34 AM.

• skippy123 likes this

#28 Kwickie

Kwickie

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, photography, travel

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

If you're interested: i have 50% share in a bar for sale, and can arrange a B visa similar to mine !

Trust me, Jimbo, when I saw your post about your future on the C&D thread, I thought about it. Financially difficult for me though. Plus I don't drink! 555.

#29 Kwickie

Kwickie

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

Thanks everyone. Yes, the reason I mentioned leaving the retirement visa out was the 800,000 THB rule. While I have a good (not extravagant) amount to live on, I can't have 800,000 baht sitting in a bank doing nothing.

Yes, I know the 800,000 can be a combo of savings and monthly income, but my income during this "retirement" wouldn't be monthly. I basically get a bunch of stock once/year that would keep me going until Social Security kicks in at 62. Only then would I have a regular monthly income.

#30 hellah

hellah

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

You could also stay long-term if you're enrolled at a Thai language course. Don't know about the costs of these school though. Didn't solice do something like that?

#31 Kwickie

Kwickie

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

I think that may be my best option, as I definitely want to learn Thai anyway.

#32 Ray UK

Ray UK

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:LBs beer fishing and LB s

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thai study visa is the way forward for me

#33 bayhill

bayhill

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

If you're under 50, the Elite Visa is pretty much the only way you can stay for years.

correct, I have it and don't have to leave the country.

it's not for everyone, but it's an option.

Edited by bayhill, 19 April 2017 - 11:35 PM.

#34 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,718 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

Thanks everyone. Yes, the reason I mentioned leaving the retirement visa out was the 800,000 THB rule. While I have a good (not extravagant) amount to live on, I can't have 800,000 baht sitting in a bank doing nothing.

Yes, I know the 800,000 can be a combo of savings and monthly income, but my income during this "retirement" wouldn't be monthly. I basically get a bunch of stock once/year that would keep me going until Social Security kicks in at 62. Only then would I have a regular monthly income.

If you are looking at the retirement visa the best place to get it is in Thailand. If you are going to go the monthly income way.... you do not have to have 800,000 baht in the bank. You have to provide proof of that income and that is getting a stat declaration stamped from your relevant embassy of this.

I was on a multi entry visa but in Feb this year changed to the retirement visa here in Thailand. I went to the office and told them I am going by proof of income ......they gave me a list and told me to come back when I had it all. The main thing they hammered home to me was that the proof of income had to come from the Aussie Embassy. I went there.... filled out a stat declaration I get so much income each month.... paid them after they put the official stamp on it ....took it and left.

I had also had to get some photos...... a medical certificate to say I was ok...any clinic will give you that.... copy of your passport main page and the last stamp by Immigration when you entered the country...... and a copy of the white departure card showing the barcode they staple in your passport when you arrive. I also went to the bank and got a letter that said I had an account in Thailand.... they were not worried about the amount in the account as I was going by proof of income.

I took all this back and was out the door in 15- 20 minutes with the visa. Just report every 3 months now.

cheers
  • LordJim likes this

#35 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

If you are looking at the retirement visa the best place to get it is in Thailand. If you are going to go the monthly income way.... you do not have to have 800,000 baht in the bank. You have to provide proof of that income and that is getting a stat declaration stamped from your relevant embassy of this.I was on a multi entry visa but in Feb this year changed to the retirement visa here in Thailand. I went to the office and told them I am going by proof of income ......they gave me a list and told me to come back when I had it all. The main thing they hammered home to me was that the proof of income had to come from the Aussie Embassy. I went there.... filled out a stat declaration I get so much income each month.... paid them after they put the official stamp on it ....took it and left.I had also had to get some photos...... a medical certificate to say I was ok...any clinic will give you that.... copy of your passport main page and the last stamp by Immigration when you entered the country...... and a copy of the white departure card showing the barcode they staple in your passport when you arrive. I also went to the bank and got a letter that said I had an account in Thailand.... they were not worried about the amount in the account as I was going by proof of income.I took all this back and was out the door in 15- 20 minutes with the visa. Just report every 3 months now.cheers

Did the embassy actually check your income?
How much did they charge for the stamp?

#36 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 2,718 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

Did the embassy actually check your income?
How much did they charge for the stamp?

I did mine in February and I declared on the Stat Dec what was my incomes... . proof was not asked for. The Embassy are only witnessing your signature on the declaration. The cost at the Aussie Embassy was 1780 baht.

I am lead to believe that of a month ago the Embassy are now asking for proof of income so check their website. Proof can be in the form of a Group Certificate ... bank accounts.... letter from financial institution..etc. 

cheers 

#37 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Those embassies know how to charge! Was asking them about verifying a passport - 1800b!!

#38 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

You can get married to a Thai or have a Thai child.  Yearly visas.  Require 400,000 baht in the bank.

Believe recent change on all those visas require leaving the country every 90 days.  No more automatic extensions for 90 day reporting.  Similar hurdles for the ED visas.   Know the OP wants to avoid the retirement Visa but that is the best for not physically needing to leave 3 months + and the cash required isn't bad.

The elite visa is a good alternative if money is no object.  There used to be yearly fees on top of the initial fee so make sure to research it.  Also not sure how they handle it if you need to get a new passport while the visa is still valid.

Another option is simply flying out every 30 days to another country for a weekend trip then back.  No need for any visa and get to see more of the world.  That's not a terrible idea.

*** edit: The kid/wife is not a realistic approach to staying.  Either a wife or a kid will cost you wayyyyy more in the long run.   :)

Edited by kathoeyfan, 24 April 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#39 Beachlife

Beachlife

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:สาวประเภทสอง ที่สวย
    ผู้หญิงสวย

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Sent you a PM on this.  Very easy with no money in the bank for a US citizen to get a retirement visa.
No medical form needed either.

Edited by Beachlife, 29 April 2017 - 07:28 AM.

• Tony Soprano likes this

#40 katoeylover69

katoeylover69

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Fitness, Mongering

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

Let's say I want to stay in Thailand on Tourist visas for a few years. (For this discussion, let's assume I don't qualify for a retirement visa).

I know I can get the 90 day (60+30) tourist visa here in the States before I arrive. So I do my 60 days, go to Jontien, get the 30 day extension.

Then what? How do I get another 90 days?

Repeat this process until you can't anymore.  Keep applying for tourist visas from different countries nearby.  That means you have to leave and come back multiple times throughout the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users