#1 seeker2008

seeker2008

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

POPULAR

Hi Kiwiboy,

Asked the same question last year before going to Pattaya.

Here are some responses.

Without a doubt the best fillet steak to be found in Pattaya is the beefeater in Soi Diana. Soi 11/12 on 2nd Road.

For Italian food I'd go to Cafe Volare on Soi Buakhaw corner Soi 15 directly across the road from Nature View hotel.

Hilton buffet Soi 9

Steak and Co Soi Lengkee off Soi Buchkow

Patrick's just a few metres away on the other side of Central Shopping Arcade beats Beefeater for Aussi/Kiwi steak.

As for Italian, my favorite is Little Italy, on Second Road opposite Royal Garden.

For Italian, Fire & Stone on Central Road, left side about 100 meters before beach road.

I have always enjoyed the Pattaya Beer Garden. It has a huge menu (Thai, Italian and much more) and I have tried many dishes and have no complaints, Food is fresh, prices are good and the service is fast and efficient.

Food in Kitchen (French owner) is good. 1 in second road between Soi 11 and 12. Another on beach road close WS

Brooklyn Pizza, Soi Diana, closed Tuesday. Closest to NY style I’ve ever had in Thailand.

Big Pizza just across from Soi 18 in Naklua is pretty special, the Hopf at the beach end of 13/1 has its own pizza oven and is great though LB's are not welcome in that establishment.

La Trattoria on Beach Road near Soi 6 is very good too.  B)

Lone star Texas grill on Soi Lengkee very nice ribs and burgers

Hope this helped.

• 4skin, Kiwiboy and DDengler like this

#2 hailbritania

hailbritania

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

don't diss McDonald's.

every once and a while you gotta have some McDonald's.

Hard truth.

#3 OTK

OTK

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

And certainly don't diss MK,great duck and pork although I still haven't developed a taste for that free drink they give you.

#4 ladypat65

ladypat65

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Indian by nature on thapraya road on way to jomtein is good for a curry but not cheap.

Japanese place i think 3rd floor central festival mall.

Cook in front of you but very reasonable and good. 

#5 Zoonie the Lazoon

Zoonie the Lazoon

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
  • Interests:Bog snorkelling, professional gambling, becoming a sybarite, cooking dogs, extreme ironing, waterboarding, squirrel hunting, dominoes, vexillology, yodelling, collecting milk bottles, catching pigeons, knobbing, flying kites, selling pegs

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

don't diss McDonald's.

Hard truth.

Twat!
  • 4skin and Jimmy_Lovepants like this

#6 bayhill

bayhill

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

"Brooklyn Pizza, Soi Diana, closed Tuesday. Closest to NY style I’ve ever had in Thailand."

FYI, it's bronx pizza.

I'm fond of aroi dee and yiam on Soi new plaza at second road, open 24 hours, I've mentioned them in other threads.

Edited by bayhill, 28 April 2017 - 03:09 AM.

• Tennis likes this

#7 icebergjr.

icebergjr.

LB Iceberg Puller

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,367 posts
  • Interests:This offends me as I'm a vegan transgender atheist who vapes and crossfits 4 times a week and I'm also a male feminist as I identify myself as a pastafarian apache helicopter dog, mega multi combo god of hyper death and if you don't agree with me you're an ignorant arrogant globaphobic sexist lesbian.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:51 AM

Retox on Soi Lengkee 98 baht breakfast. Best deal in Pattaya. :)

#8 Brussh

Brussh

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • Interests:Admirer. skyscanner, Agoda, Mr T taxi, Showers, Moto taxi and Beautiful girls with incredibly large Clits

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

I must be a cheap charlie cos I use the Tin cup on Soi B at least 2 out out of my 3 meals a day and I'm unimaginative as I usually have chicken and rice.

#9 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Well, breakfast being, apparently the most important meal of the day.

I have always been partial to the "Big Bird Breakfast" at Jolly's. Soi Buakhow, heading down towards Pattaya Klang from Soi Diana Inn. LHS before the market down there.

Also, Pattanas, I think that is what it is called. Just two or three spots back, is good and cheap, all food available. Aircon here, if you need it.

Notably, good service as well. Something that, I feel, should factor in, these days.

True, Jolly's Big Bird is expensive (280-300?), by comparison to those establishments that want to draw you in for a brekky, plus beer, sports etc.

But it most def. does me for the day. It has everything, including black pudding on a specially sized plate. Plus coffee/ tea, plus juice, plus toast.

:)

#10 wanderlust

wanderlust

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:05 AM

POPULAR

No I fucking don't
  • Slacker, 4skin, LordJim and 1 other like this

#11 4skin

4skin

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:57 AM

very comprehensive OP by seeker. thanks for that
can I just add The Irish Rovers in LK Metro for best value brekkie in town . most of the others are good too

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

#12 Rambo2201

Rambo2201

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

The Market Cafe near the New Plaza, I was addicted to their stew, a large bowl of it only 95 baht. Nice friendly staff there owned by an English guy. It's all Farang food and if you have your little pet with you there's a Thai place next door, she can order there and they'll bring it up, where else would you get it.

Attached Images

• IMG_20161013_142818.jpg
  • IMG_20161013_142843.jpg

Edited by Rambo2201, 15 May 2017 - 02:55 AM.

• soju2012 likes this

#13 hammers

hammers

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hi Kiwiboy,

Asked the same question last year before going to Pattaya.

Here are some responses.

Without a doubt the best fillet steak to be found in Pattaya is the beefeater in Soi Diana. Soi 11/12 on 2nd Road.

For Italian food I'd go to Cafe Volare on Soi Buakhaw corner Soi 15 directly across the road from Nature View hotel.

Hilton buffet Soi 9

Steak and Co Soi Lengkee off Soi Buchkow

Patrick's just a few metres away on the other side of Central Shopping Arcade beats Beefeater for Aussi/Kiwi steak.

As for Italian, my favorite is Little Italy, on Second Road opposite Royal Garden.

For Italian, Fire & Stone on Central Road, left side about 100 meters before beach road.

I have always enjoyed the Pattaya Beer Garden. It has a huge menu (Thai, Italian and much more) and I have tried many dishes and have no complaints, Food is fresh, prices are good and the service is fast and efficient.

Food in Kitchen (French owner) is good. 1 in second road between Soi 11 and 12. Another on beach road close WS

Brooklyn Pizza, Soi Diana, closed Tuesday. Closest to NY style I’ve ever had in Thailand.

Big Pizza just across from Soi 18 in Naklua is pretty special, the Hopf at the beach end of 13/1 has its own pizza oven and is great though LB's are not welcome in that establishment.

La Trattoria on Beach Road near Soi 6 is very good too.  B)

Lone star Texas grill on Soi Lengkee very nice ribs and burgers

Hope this helped.

I have eaten in some of these places and agree they are very good would add Robins nest food id always good and great portions also dont forget KISS food is great and 24 hours and good value.

#14 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

POPULAR

You are having a laugh hammers ..........kiss restaurant food is great ?????.............The only great thing about the establishments  that I can think of are they are open 24 hours and are handy for a late night snack ( if pissed) or a piss.  I put them on par with English motorway service stations and little chef just convenient.

Admittedly often busy, but the main clientele base is farang. Very seldom see a Thai eating alone, or a group of Thai people and they are the ones who would know and judge a place about its food n quality.

Frequented by unadventurous visitors who drag the bored Thai girlfriend along under the illusion  of a romantic table for 2. In my infancy days of pattaya I have used, and soon learnt a traditional Thai dish ordered at kiss is altered to suit a western pallet. Trust me a Mrs noodles food stall is far more tasty and superior.  Even a simple western style meal at its best is mediocre, but you get what you pay for in life. Each to his own.

rgds soidog

• Zoonie the Lazoon, Slacker, sgc and 2 others like this

#15 Jaguar

Jaguar

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Ladyboys, Football , Drinking , Gambling , Surviving .

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

Nowt wrong with a Kiss Thai Green Chicken or Prawn Curry at 3am

I recommend ordering a bowl of Chips to dunk in the delicious sauce too ..fixes you right up 

#16 wanderlust

wanderlust

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

You are having a laugh hammers ..........kiss restaurant food is great ?????.............The only great thing about the establishments that I can think of are they are open 24 hours and are handy for a late night snack ( if pissed) or a piss. I put them on par with English motorway service stations and little chef just convenient.

Admittedly often busy, but the main clientele base is farang. Very seldom see a Thai eating alone, or a group of Thai people and they are the ones who would know and judge a place about its food n quality.

Frequented by unadventurous visitors who drag the bored Thai girlfriend along under the illusion of a romantic table for 2. In my infancy days of pattaya I have used, and soon learnt a traditional Thai dish ordered at kiss is altered to suit a western pallet. Trust me a Mrs noodles food stall is far more tasty and superior. Even a simple western style meal at its best is mediocre, but you get what you pay for in life. Each to his own.

rgds soidog

My first trip to LOS I though Kiss was great. By my second I knew better.
  • leunig likes this

#17 chinadoll

chinadoll

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Kiss-total drunkards food

#18 Kiwiboy

Kiwiboy

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

Awesome list! Thank you so much dude

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#19 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 11,904 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

The Coins on Buakhow is a favourite haunt for good value Farang food, daily specials are mostly good and the Thai food gets the thumbs up from her indoors.

Curry Home next door does some cracking Indian fare. Oz burger for the late night snackerooni on the corner of Soi Diana and the Black canyon in Central mall is fairly steady with good a mix of well prepared Thai/Farang grub, excellent coffee and Frappes.  :)

• leunig likes this

#20 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Tuk La Dee , the inshouse restaurant within FOODLAND Supermarket is great .....Its at the Sukumvitt end of Pattaya Klang . Open 24hrs and a nice menu of well priced and well cooked meals .

Think the name translates to Cheap but Good ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users